Common Ground

Tenhigh

Hello friends.  As an American, I'm almost physically ill at what has happened to our country.  I think we can all agree that this @$%^ has gotten out of hand.  It seems to me that too many people in this country have decided that their opinions are truths, and that ANYONE who disagrees with them are the enemy.  Hyperbole and name calling rule the day, and family members aren't speaking to each other based on their politics.  To me, it's time to say enough is enough.  If we continue down this path, which we can see is clearly happening even on a football message board, we're pretty much screwed as a society.  

We all need to try and find some common ground, and since we're all here for the same reason, I think this is as good a place to start as any.  So I'll start with a few and things I think we can all agree on, and maybe we can all go from there.

1.  The Bills are an awesome football team.  

2.  As a species, we should be beyond the point where we result to rioting and looting. 

3.  We are all too often rigid in our views.  

Please add on if you see fit.  Its' gotta be better than calling each other idiots.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Hello friends.  As an American, I'm almost physically ill at what has happened to our country.  I think we can all agree that this @$%^ has gotten out of hand.  It seems to me that too many people in this country have decided that their opinions are truths, and that ANYONE who disagrees with them are the enemy.  Hyperbole and name calling rule the day, and family members aren't speaking to each other based on their politics.  To me, it's time to say enough is enough.  If we continue down this path, which we can see is clearly happening even on a football message board, we're pretty much screwed as a society.  

We all need to try and find some common ground, and since we're all here for the same reason, I think this is as good a place to start as any.  So I'll start with a few and things I think we can all agree on, and maybe we can all go from there.

1.  The Bills are an awesome football team.  

2.  As a species, we should be beyond the point where we result to rioting and looting. 

3.  We are all too often rigid in our views.  

Please add on if you see fit.  Its' gotta be better than calling each other idiots.

what that Yankees graffiti over the sacred bills flag???? BLASPHEMY!!!

kidding. Good luck. Religion & Politics... people are looking for coverts, not solutions. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

what that Yankees graffiti over the sacred bills flag???? BLASPHEMY!!!

kidding. Good luck. Religion & Politics... people are looking for coverts, not solutions. 

I'm an optimist!  

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

We can agree there is 3 parties.

Democratic, Republican, and Trumpsters Terrorism party.

So are you saying that extremists on the end of both spectrums are bad for the country, or is it only Trump supporters?  And please try to be honest and reasonable.  

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm an optimist!  

So are you saying that extremists on the end of both spectrums are bad for the country, or is it only Trump supporters?  And please try to be honest and reasonable.  

Sure all extremists are bad but the worst are the ones who are brainwashed by a man in complete power. They use his leadership as an excuse to do these things, other extremists from other parties don't have that luxury to follow someone else they just look stupid in the eyes of everyone. 

Only the Trumpster party will coddle terrorism b.c they think it is the right thing to do.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Sure all extremists are bad but the worst are the ones who are brainwashed by a man in complete power.

So why need to add that last part?  This is about common ground, please try to stick to the ground rules.  

Just now, StHustle said:

Worst meaning most dangerous to society. 

Again, this is a common ground thread. Lets agree that all extremism is dangerous to society, right? 

Just now, TBBills said:

As of right now yes, most dangerous to DEMOCRACY and innocent people of American who did not give in to lies and corruption.

Can you please try to keep this stuff out of this thread?  There are dozens of other that are more appropriate.  

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Can you please try to keep this stuff out of this thread?  There are dozens of other that are more appropriate

This is common ground thread and that is the common ground of the people right now. You cannot find common ground with the brainwashed b.c they cannot see common ground when fed lies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This is common ground thread and that is the common ground of the people right now. You cannot find common ground with the brainwashed b.c they cannot see common ground when fed lies.

Come on, man, try an olive branch instead of a pointed stick.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Honestly, I kinda think he has a point.  All Extremism is bad.  Absolutely.  And there are extremists on the far-left who should be condemned and penalized.

However, the very core of Trumpism really is to fight, not accept defeat, and not help others if it doesn't benefit yourself.

The only good that seems to be coming out of yesterday is that I think FINALLY Trump has lost his grip on the Republican party, which will now almost certainly be fractured as Trump's followers likely break off to try to create some 3rd party likely not named the Trumpsters Terrorism Party.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm an optimist!  

Sure are.  Trying to have an intelligent conversation with the  left wing cretins still here  is like pissing up a rope.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Sure are.  Trying to have an intelligent conversation with the  left wing cretins still here  is like pissing up a rope.

Wholly unnecessary 

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

However, the very core of Trumpism really is to fight, not accept defeat, and not help others if it doesn't benefit yourself.

Isn't that really ALL extremism though?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Isn't that really ALL extremism though?

The difference is that this is the soul of an actual political party now with its leader being the POTUS, the leader of the "free world" and most powerful man in the world.

And if you say that Antifa is the soul of the Democratic Party, you really don't have a leg to stand on.

• Awesome! (+1) 1