Week 17 SNF: Washington Football Team at Eagles

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Not me. If the Bills were 6-10 and relying on a bad football team to miraculously back us into the playoffs I wouldn't be upset if we didn't make it. I'd be disappointed in the things that we controlled that kept us out. In 2017 the Ravens were knocked out of the playoffs in part because Miami started David Fales at QB against us. I don't remember that being a storyline. It's just a thing teams will do when their season is over and they have nothing to lose.

Right. The Eagles were not goiing to the playoffs and the game was meaningless. They certainly were under no obligation to play in any way that would help the Giants or any other team. They are a bad football team making bad decisions with subpar personnel. In the end, they pulled a QB who was awful to get a look at another QB who was awful. Not sure what the uproar is about here.

Edited by billsfan1959

11 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Lets say a few years ago that the Bengals pulled Dalton in a close game the Bills needed them to win....

This.  I get it, Giants have to blame themselves.  Not excusing them or feeling bad for them.  If they were 9-7, 10-6 maybe I would.

That being said, what the Eagles pulled was unsportsman like.  Yes, teams tank.  But they at least *try* to conceal that they are.  The Eagles just outright threw the game on a national stage so they could blatently improve their draft capital.  They should have just saved everyone the drama and emotion and just declared they were forfeiting this game ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

This.  I get it, Giants have to blame themselves.  Not excusing them or feeling bad for them.  If they were 9-7, 10-6 maybe I would.

That being said, what the Eagles pulled was unsportsman like.  Yes, teams tank.  But they at least *try* to conceal that they are.  The Eagles just outright threw the game on a national stage so they could blatently improve their draft capital.  They should have just saved everyone the drama and emotion and just declared they were forfeiting this game ahead of time.

I mean even the Bills technically did it in 2017 and somewhat 2018. The difference is FOs tank, HCs and players don't.

I think the NFL should investigate the Eagles motives. Was there a plan to throw the game? I can see the logic in using a meaningless game to get a look at players that normally wouldn't get any time. The reason it looks so bad is that they benched their possible franchise QB when he had a chance to learn and develop more for a nobody 27 year old QB with backup potential. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the NFL should investigate the Eagles motives. Was there a plan to throw the game? I can see the logic in using a meaningless game to get a look at players that normally wouldn't get any time. The reason it looks so bad is that they benched their possible franchise QB when he had a chance to learn and develop more for a nobody 27 year old QB with backup potential. 

Who had already been on the team for years.

Would 3 spots in draft order worth losing locker room for Pederson?

--------------------------------------------

Miles Sanders: No Philadelphia Eagles players liked QB switch

"If I'm being honest, nobody liked the decision. Nobody. That's all I can say," Sanders said during an appearance on 94.1 WIP Tuesday. "I don't know who was the main person behind that decision, but all I know is a lot of people on the team were confused."

Center Jason Kelce, a team leader, approached Pederson to ask him about his decision to pull Hurts during the game, a source confirmed, though it was described as non-confrontational.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, two defensive players had to be held back from approaching Pederson after the move was made.

--------------------------------------------