Week 17 SNF: Washington Football Team at Eagles

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is the type of game that forces leagues to change rules. 

A draft lottery could make sense. Philly knows they can move up 4 spots in the draft if they lose, tanking is almost a no brainer. That was just awful to watch though, I feel bad for Giants fans who had to watch that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

You want to watch an NFL where all eliminated teams throw games?

It's kind of like the MLB unspoken code of conduct.

When you can play spoiler you make a show of doing it. You might want to let that 30 year old scrub get his first and only major league start as a September call-up, but you don't do it when the result of the game matters to some other team.

At first I defended the Eagles because they played to win, and going to a new QB isn't a radical thing to do in Game 16. But after watching what they did with that new QB ...

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

After that?  I think it may gain some momentum.  Not for this draft of course but maybe for the next.

Weird too because obvious tanking was just not happening this year. The 2 Jets wins, etc.

And then we have a tank to gain 3 places in the draft, not even for moving into the top 5?

Karma says the Eagles pick a Mitch Trubisky at 6 and the new team at 9 gets Mahomes.

I have no sympathy for the Giants.  A 6-10 team doesn’t deserve to go to the playoffs. But that was a bad look for the NFL.  There’s grown men with families sacrificing their bodies to earn their living and some loser coach basically makes a mockery of an NFL game.  Embarrassing.  Pederson don’t deserve to ever coach another game in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I have no sympathy for the Giants.  A 6-10 team doesn’t deserve to go to the playoffs. But that was a bad look for the NFL.  There’s grown men with families sacrificing their bodies to earn their living and some loser coach basically makes a mockery of an NFL game.  Embarrassing.  Pederson don’t deserve to ever coach another game in the NFL.  

I mean none of them did.

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Meanwhile...And now Pederson has to face Hurts as his starter next season after throwing the last game they played.  If he still has a job.

I mean it gets them the better picks but Pederson is going to have to worry about not having the locker room next year.

• Like (+1) 3

• SDS unpinned this topic
Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean it gets them the better picks but Pederson is going to have to worry about not having the locker room next year.

It's a ridiculous thing to prioritize moving up 3 picks at the expense of your entire locker room's morale.  The veterans on that team can't even look Pederson in the eye right now I bet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

I just have to say I’m bummed for my Giants fan buddies. In a just world, relegation would be a thing and the Eagles would be playing in the arena league next year. 

I mean positively they get significantly better draft picks to help fix their broken team.

12 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It's a ridiculous thing to prioritize moving up 3 picks at the expense of your entire locker room's morale.  The veterans on that team can't even look Pederson in the eye right now I bet.

Locker room morale lost is one thing.....league integrity is another.  This will be a big thing on tomorrow’s shows and take away from an otherwise cool strong day for the league.