New Year’s Day Bowl Games

Willyville Guy

Jokeshow

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

stupid rule there.  that was not targeting. 

targeting should require intent.  not simply head contact.  the nfl does a better job with this.  

It was a perfect hit with the shoulder pad. Just because it was hard and the QB was shaken up the somehow deemed it targeting. 

• Like (+1) 1

Being a Hurricanes fan, I'm not to keen on either of these teams. After that BS, I'm rooting for Clemson. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He lowered his head and drove his helmet into Fields.  Dangerous play for both players.  Skalski lucky he didn’t get carried off in a stretcher.  

You're nuts.  His helmet didn't even hit Fields.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He lowered his head and drove his helmet into Fields.  Dangerous play for both players.  Skalski lucky he didn’t get carried off in a stretcher.  

the helmet did not hit until he made contact with the shoulder.  he had his head to the side and fields spun into him. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the helmet did not hit until he made contact with the shoulder.  he had his head to the side and fields spun into him. 

Clem D is not looking great here. 

Maybe but he still lowered his helmet and it went straight into Fields’ side with force.  If Fields was fine, it probably doesn’t get called.  But that was a highly dangerous play and mostly for Skalski.  You could see his head get compressed into his neck.  That’s how you end up with a Kevin Everett situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

First time they gave us pads they taught us: 

Dip, hip, lift, drive.

dip: drop your head and lower your shoulders

hip: aim your shoulder for the hip of the runner

lift: wrap arms around waist and lift

drive: follow through and drive your guy into the dirt.

47 was lining up perfectly and The QB spun into him hitting his helmet.

Also, me likey the Trey Sermon. I liked him at OU cause I read somewhere that he was a great pass blocker. Now I really like him.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Maybe but he still lowered his helmet and it went straight into Fields’ side with force.  If Fields was fine, it probably doesn’t get called.  But that was a highly dangerous play and mostly for Skalski.  You could see his head get compressed into his neck.  That’s how you end up with a Kevin Everett situation.  

You are exactly right.  It didn't matter if Fields spun.  Skalski got low and led with his helmet.  The rule is in place to protect the defensive player as well.

Edited by jkeerie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.