New Year’s Day Bowl Games

Willyville Guy

Just now, whatdrought said:

Are we actually glad that the Jets pissed away Lawrence? I don't watch much college football, but he doesn't look like a world changing QB prospect...

His legs make him dangerous.  Right now Fields is definitely outplaying him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Are we actually glad that the Jets pissed away Lawrence? I don't watch much college football, but he doesn't look like a world changing QB prospect...

I came here to say this. A half to go, but he looks very ordinary in what might be his final game at Clemson. Fields, on the other hand, looks like a fierce competitor with a burning desire to win, along with mad talent throwing and running the ball. He looks like a star and a problem.

Recent interview with Lawrence revealed he isn't even really an NFL fan -- HUGE red flag if you ask me. It seems like he does football because he's good at it.

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Can't wait for him to be a Jet.

I don't watch much college football, so interested to hear more. What are the red flags? He looks incredible right now.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Clemson’s defense doesn’t look like it has much NFL talent.  They normally have 1st rounders all over the place.  Their secondary looks terrible. Their LB’s are slow and their DL not getting any pressure. 

yea im shocked at how bad they look

Fields looks very impressive tonight.  He kind of got the Justin Herbert treatment this year, but you can see the skills.  He has wheels too. 

Lawrence is good obviously. but you never know how much is him and how much it’s all the great talent around him? 

Both guys can throw, are accurate and can run. so that’s the kind of QB the NFL teams are looking for.  

34 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Dabo Sweeney lit a fire under OSU with his comments.  Disrespectful even if that wasn't his intent.

Yup kinda heard enough from know it all Dabo. Really put his kids in bad position w his mouth and arrogant approach. OS has looked much more fired up all game and Fields and OC dominating. Dabo moving into Saban territory as most annoying coach. Saban’s continued harassment of announcers is unacceptable. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, balln said:

fields looked really shaky against IU and northwestern. he really had a ho hum 6 reg season games

tonight totally different

im just in utter disbelief how bad clemsons D has been

do we want fields on the jets?!   i haven’t watched him until today and he looks very good.  

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Fields looks very impressive tonight.  He kind of got the Justin Herbert treatment this year, but you can see the skills.  He has wheels too. 

Lawrence is good obviously. but you never know how much is him and how much it’s all the great talent around him? 

Both guys can throw, are accurate and can run. so that’s the kind of QB the NFL teams are looking for.  

He’s definitely made more NFL throws than Lawrence tonight. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.