New Year’s Day Bowl Games

Willyville Guy

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d have rather given Cincy a chance to lose by 30 to Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State.  Notre Dame getting rolled in the playoff is getting really boring.  

Eh.......there's almost never 3 championship worthy teams regardless...........and it's always fun watching pretenders ND and Ohio State and Oklahoma getting their ***** kicked in after they pander for position all season.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Looks like he’s capable of it, but Lawrence doesn’t do much of his damage from the pocket.  Unless Jax plans on using him like Lamar Jackson, Lawrence is gonna have a pretty big learning curve.  And expectations for this guy will be astronomical.  

Great point, he’s been anointed the next great one. I just have a tough time assessing the play of a guy who’s on a team that overwhelms most of their opponents. He really isn’t forced to truly carry the team. His backup looked great as well when he played. 

Edited by SirAndrew

21 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m not saying Lawrence doesn’t look like a great pro prospect, but that offense sure has talent all over the field. He can really just play point guard by getting the ball to his playmakers. 

Luck looked better at Stanford with less talent around him. Fields is making all the throws and reading the defense perfectly so far.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

I’m sick of hearing about the great Brent Venables.  His defense is getting schooled right now....and I’m cheering for Clemson. 

He had a great D in the year they won the National Championship with a loaded front seven.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.