Your Favorite/Most Memorable Bills Christmas Gift

Wizard

My sister gave me a home (blue) Josh Allen jersey...the first new bills jersey I have had since getting a white Terrence McGee in 2006.  She even got the correct number of X's for me!

Another sister gave me an Ivicta Buffalo Bills scuba diving watch.  It is huge...a bit flashy for me...but really nice. I honestly can't remember the last time I wore a watch...and have never been scuba diving! It sure is pretty. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

So my wife surprised me this morning with a large book. “A football history as told through The Washington Post”. It’s every article about Buffalo from the Washington post since the Bills came into existence. 

they are photocopied obviously but it’s absolutely freaking amazing. Complete with the old advertisements from the pages and everything. It’s gotta be one of the coolest things I’ve ever received. If I could figure out how to make a photo fit into this format from my phone I would share. 

Headlines of the AFL titles, Simpsons record, random playoff losses to the Steelers in the 70’s that I wasn’t alive for... The comeback.... literally every single article they ever published about buffalo since their inception. I highly recommend! MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So my wife surprised me this morning with a large book. “A football history as told through The Washington Post”. It’s every article about Buffalo from the Washington post since the Bills came into existence. 

they are photocopied obviously but it’s absolutely freaking amazing. Complete with the old advertisements from the pages and everything. It’s gotta be one of the coolest things I’ve ever received. If I could figure out how to make a photo fit into this format from my phone I would share. 

Headlines of the AFL titles, Simpsons record, random playoff losses to the Steelers in the 70’s that I wasn’t alive for... The comeback.... literally every single article they ever published about buffalo since their inception. I highly recommend! MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Tagging @Chandler#81, as he is a Bills historian.

That's an awesome gift, @Stank_Nasty!!  Enjoy!

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Brandon Beane getting rid of Tuh-ROD Taylor for a 3rd round pick.  Still brings a tear to me eye.  Thanks, Brand!!!

that pick ended up being Harrison Phillips— makes it even better! 

amazingly, except for our 7th rounder in that 2018 draft, every one of our draft picks are in the NFL and get serious PT (though Wyatt teller and Ray Ray for other teams).  

• Like (+1) 1

My Grandmother sewed and made my cousin and me Bills jerseys out of dark blue sweatshirts for Xmas ‘68. Mine was #10 DARRAGH & cousins’ was #22 ANDERSON. Complete with red trim around name & number. We were the coolest kids in the neighborhood as NFL jerseys weren’t available then to general public. It amazes us how insignificant these 2 players were for the Bills given how cool it was to wear ‘their’ jerseys.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

My Grandmother sewed and made my cousin and me Bills jerseys out of dark blue sweatshirts for Xmas ‘68. Mine was #10 DARRAGH & cousins’ was #22 ANDERSON. Complete with red trim around name & number. We were the coolest kids in the neighborhood as NFL jerseys weren’t available then to general public. It amazes us how insignificant these 2 players were for the Bills given how cool it was to wear ‘their’ jerseys.

Very ironic since his college coach was Marv Levy.

Just sent a correction to pro football reference since it was not listed on William and Mary's drafted player page.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

That is so cool.

DAN-DARRAGH-BILLS-BASE-CARD-SP-70-1970-TOPPS-FOOTBALL-VINTAGE-SET-BREAK-136

I was born in 1965, so my memeories of Dan Darragh are from a football card.  But I love that kinda stuff.  When I was a kid (six), I got a pair of Bills pajamas for Christmas.  They were all white.  My older brother, who was pretty good with a pen, drew a big #16 on the back, and wrote SHAW across the top, in Laundrey marker.  My first "Bills jersey"...and since Shaw and I shared the same first name, he was my first favorite Buffalo Bill (see my avatar) and the first one I remember really watching.

All these jersey gifts, got me wondering: when did NFL jerseys first start becoming available to the public.  I remember my sister in-law getting a Lou Piccone jersey during the 1980 season from her rich father, and at that time, it was first time I had ever seen a Bills jersey on a person, who wasn't a Buffalo Bill.  When I watch old highlight films from the 70's and they show the fans in the stands, you rarely see anyone wearing a jersey.  I know, this sounds like a Mike Schoop kinda rabbit hole, but anyone know when these became more commonly available?  

Edited by Buftex
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

That is so cool.

DAN-DARRAGH-BILLS-BASE-CARD-SP-70-1970-TOPPS-FOOTBALL-VINTAGE-SET-BREAK-136

I was born in 1965, so my memeories of Dan Darragh are from a football card.  But I love that kinda stuff.  When I was a kid (six), I got a pair of Bills pajamas for Christmas.  They were all white.  My older brother, who was pretty good with a pen, drew a big #16 on the back, and wrote SHAW across the top, in Laundrey marker.  My first "Bills jersey"...and since Shaw and I shared the same first name, he was my first favorite Buffalo Bill (see my avatar) and the first one I remember really watching.

All these jersey gifts, got me wondering: when did NFL jerseys first start becoming available to the public.  I remember my sister in-law getting a Lou Piccone jersey during the 1980 season from her rich father, and at that time, it was first time I had ever seen a Bills jersey on a person, who wasn't a Buffalo Bill.  When I watch old highlight films from the 70's and they show the fans in the stands, you rarely see anyone wearing a jersey.  I know, this sounds like a Mike Schoop kinda rabbit hole, but anyone know when these became more commonly available?  

I don’t know exactly when they became an affordable ‘thing’, but they caught on like wildfire immediately and have been the attire of choice at every game since.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, BuffaloBillies said:

Gave a 3x3 piece of Turf from field to my 80 yr old dad.

He said it was the best gift he ever received in his life.

He's got it laying in the dining room and he goes and steps on it before games now.

He imagines all the "greats" that likely stepped on the same spots he does.

So funny story, bro. I read your story before I opened presents today. Didn’t even know until your post that there was Bills turf available.

And then, I opened my present from my wife, daughter and son today and they got me Bills turf that was framed.

• Like (+1) 1