Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week and Fed Ex Air POW

YoloinOhio

The accolade is well due and I have all the faith in Josh and this team that such production, in some measure, will continue. That said, these next two games and the playoffs are "supposed to be" one of the reasons Beane et. al. Drafted Josh Allen. The strong arm and big hands to handle the Buffalo weather.

In his 2+ seasons, although especially this one, we've seen Josh perform better in controlled climates, i.e. domes, or in warm weather stadiums. I, along with many others, have been saying it for at least five years now. With the glut of NFL Offenses now the norm and with all the rule changes intended to aid Offenses in scoring and become stricter on Defenses, building a dome for Josh and this Offense to play in for the next 12-15 years only makes more sense. Not to mention the likelihood of getting a Super Bowl in Buffalo. That was a little off the topic, but IMHO - somewhat related because it seems to directly effect Josh's production. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

The accolade is well due and I have all the faith in Josh and this team that such production, in some measure, will continue. That said, these next two games and the playoffs are "supposed to be" one of the reasons Beane et. al. Drafted Josh Allen. The strong arm and big hands to handle the Buffalo weather.

In his 2+ seasons, although especially this one, we've seen Josh perform better in controlled climates, i.e. domes, or in warm weather stadiums. I, along with many others, have been saying it for at least five years now. With the glut of NFL Offenses now the norm and with all the rule changes intended to aid Offenses in scoring and become stricter on Defenses, building a dome for Josh and this Offense to play in for the next 12-15 years only makes more sense. Not to mention the likelihood of getting a Super Bowl in Buffalo. That was a little off the topic, but IMHO - somewhat related because it seems to directly effect Josh's production. 

It was really windy for the Rams game 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Sadly I don't see it being done in time to allow JA to thrive in it......OH SO much $$$ and it isn't in the city of Buffalo that PSA's will sell like wildfire.  That is a tough sell.  Pegs and the city would have to shoulder a HUGE burden for a venue that will sit empty more often than not.  Altho I put nothing past the Peg's and the marketing genius that is Kim.....there may be hope - albeit small but hope.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was really windy for the Rams game 

True, but also warm and sunny....also, please don't take my comment as doubt or throwing water on the parade, it's just one *more* hurdle Josh will need jump to show he's come full circle in terms of managing conditions, Offense, and himself while continuing to score at least to some degree. Of course I hope they post 41 points of Offense every game, but obviously that wouldn't be fair...however, I don't think 27ish, is outside the realm of reasonable on the average in those types of games, barring a Snow-pocalypse like that of three years ago. 

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Sadly I don't see it being done in time to allow JA to thrive in it......OH SO much $$$ and it isn't in the city of Buffalo that PSA's will sell like wildfire.  That is a tough sell.  Pegs and the city would have to shoulder a HUGE burden for a venue that will sit empty more often than not.  Altho I put nothing past the Peg's and the marketing genius that is Kim.....there may be hope - albeit small but hope.

I understand that, however, if I recall correctly - and I could be way off base here - but I believe when Goodell and the other owners approved the Pegula's purchase of the Bills, one of the caveats was that a new stadium needed to be built within the leasing time frame. Yes, COVID has altered the financing options, but I don't think they'll lose any of the leverage from the NFL owners or Goodell. To that end, I don't think the domed stadium is soooo significantly different from an open air stadium that it would be cost prohibitive.

And, yes it sits empty - but like other domes, there are other uses of the dome during the Off-season and if they do it right, they can have a portion of it open to fans year round with stores and fan venues to bring people in....so, it's not a total waste of space. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

didnt they study this and find that the bills dont have the worst weather in the league?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

didnt they study this and find that the bills dont have the worst weather in the league?

I'm not sure, but just for clarity - I wasn't insinuating that either. Just that weather plays a role in the Offensive production and fan experience and with that in mind, plus the pressure from the NFL, a new stadium is a near guarantee at some point. If a stadium is to be built, then it would only make sense to me that it would be a dome for the aforementioned reasons. JMO of course.

• Like (+1) 3