AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills Rooting Interests, Week 15

I would like to see the Giants beat the Browns, that would be cool 😎👍

that and NO take out KC, that too would make me happy...

But mostly I want our Boys to take care of business in Denver, this would make me the happiest!!!

Go Bills!!!

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

All I know is I don’t want the second seed if Ravens end up in the wildcard. 

Im not loving that match up with the getting healthy right in time for the push. 

Actually looking at the simulators, if the ravens win-out which is very likely they have a good chance of seeding above the last seed slot.

12 hours ago, Greg S said:

Miami will always be the #1 enemy for Bills fans. The 20 straight losses in the 70's as well as the Kelly-Marino years when the rivalry really heated up. For me personally living in NJ its the Jets but most Bills fans will tell you Miami tops the hated list. I hate the Pats as well with Belichick and Brady dominating the Bills so its nice to see the Pats struggle this year. As I mentioned in games like this root for whatever benefits the Bills. I have a feeling it won't matter as Buffalo will take care of business on Saturday.

I was too high in the 70's to care.

the Kelly-Marino years were also good, but Buffalo managed to come out on top (and I was still high, but I cared more) 

Belicheat, Crybaby Brady the the Ref will remain my #1 on the hated list. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

not true, the 2nd seed would guarantee another home playoff game if we win the first round game (as @SlimShady'sSpaceForce already mentioned).

What is home field nowadays with the fans not being there? 

I mean, if you look at Allen’s games he’s played really well away, and he really thrives in games where weather condition was a non factor. 

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

not true, the 2nd seed would guarantee another home playoff game if we win the first round game (as @SlimShady'sSpaceForce already mentioned).

Ive said the same multiple times.  We keep winning, Pitt loses to the Colts so we play our starters in week 17, or maybe anyway hoping the Browns beat the Stillers as they are not the same old Browns.  We get home field barring a miracle until KC, and that’s it.

Beat the Chiefs in their house fans or not or limited, and we can beat any NFC team.  Perfect scenario.  Besides don’t you want to go into week 17 12-3, and the game matters either way.  I hated we gave up 11-5 by playing healthy scratch backups amd didn’t help us at all in Houston.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, if you look at Allen’s games he’s played really well away, and he really thrives in games where weather condition was a non factor. 

truuuuue

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The most likely scenario if the Bills take the 3rd seed and have to play on the road the 2nd game is going to Pittsburg.

So the question is, "Do you want to play Pittsburg at home or on the road"?

I say at home.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Good point on the last 20 years with NE but their dynasty is dead. Bill won't be there forever and looking at the division I would say Buffalo and Miami will battling it out for the division for the next few years. If the hatred for Miami "cooled" I guarantee you it will heat up again since both teams are/or will be good in the near future.

I'll welcome that.  For starters, my feelings about NE simply aren't healthy for my well-being. But beyond that, I miss the days when we had multiple rivalries in the division, and the division games really mattered instead of the title being a foregone conclusion every year.

20 hours ago, scuba guy said:

I like being in Dec and talking playoff football and seeing what we have to due not what draft spot we have

It is really refreshing to not be sitting at 6-7 wondering if the team won out would they have a 5% chance to make the playoffs or if it would be better to go 6-10 and secure a top 10 pick. 

Most of the time the Bills would seemingly go 1-2 to end the year both eliminating themselves early and dropping their draft spot.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I'd like to see the Patriots lose to Dolphins.  They still technically have a chance to make the playoffs and I'd like to see that go away before they play us....then maybe the Dolphins can be eliminated by week 17 which will give us an easier path to 13-3.

yeah, me too.

I don’t really care either— I am rooting for the total destruction of the Patriots. That is the only morally correct choice. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, CSBill said:

So the likelihood:

Buffalo Bills (10-3) over Denver Broncos (5-8) => Yes

Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1) over Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) => Very low

Detroit Lions over Tennessee Titans (9-4) => Low

New Orleans Saints over Kansas City Chiefs (12-1) => Even (But it doesn't matter, the odds of catching KC are very slim)

New England Patriots (6-7) over Miami Dolphins (8-5) => The way Cam is playing, Low

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-12) over Baltimore Ravens (8-5)  => Very low

Houston Texans (4-9) over Indianapolis Colts (9-4) => Even?

New York Giants over Cleveland Browns (9-4) => Low

So, the likely best the Bills can do this weekend is WIN and hope to get an upset or two. Best to just concentrate on TAKING CARE OF WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL = the game before you!

It's okay for us to be "NOT concentrating" completely on the game Saturday. Just need the players to be focused. Too much still to play for. As long as the altitude and bad refs' calls don't play a factor, Bills should win.

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2020/12/17/22184772/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-15

Buffalo Bills (10-3) over Denver Broncos (5-8)

Saturday, December 19 4:30 p.m. EST

The Bills can run to 13-3 and likely secure themselves the two seed in the AFC.

That would mean they host two playoff games before the AFC Championship but also means they wouldn’t have to face the Chiefs until that game, either. Buffalo clinches the AFC East with a win and I’m sure they would rather do it with a W than with a Dolphins loss.

Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1) over Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) Monday Night Football

Detroit Lions over Tennessee Titans (9-4)
Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST

New Orleans Saints over Kansas City Chiefs (12-1)
Sunday, December 20 4:25 p.m. EST  
Not w/o Drew. 

New England Patriots (6-7) over Miami Dolphins (8-5)  Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-12) over Baltimore Ravens (8-5)  Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST 

Houston Texans (4-9) over Indianapolis Colts (9-4)

New York Giants over Cleveland Browns (9-4)
Sunday Night Football. 

that’s some list.  

makes some games worth watching 

I did some scenarios on the ESPN playoff machine.

To Slim's point about the Saints needing to beat the Chiefs, for those holding out hope for the #1 seed, the only way we get the #1 seed with the Chiefs, Steelers and Bills being 13-3 is for the Chiefs to lose against the Saints and Chargers. If they lose against the Falcons (doubtful) and Chargers and all three of us are tied at 13-3, the Chiefs are still the #1 seed.

With all that said, go Saints! And of course, go, go Buffalo!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

crowd noise or not.  

playing at home does matter 

you get some warm weather or dome team 

Mid to Late January. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I did some scenarios on the ESPN playoff machine.

To Slim's point about the Saints needing to beat the Chiefs, for those holding out hope for the #1 seed, the only way we get the #1 seed with the Chiefs, Steelers and Bills being 13-3 is for the Chiefs to lose against the Saints and Chargers. If they lose against the Falcons (doubtful) and Chargers and all three of us are tied at 13-3, the Chiefs are still the #1 seed.

With all that said, go Saints! And of course, go, go Buffalo!!!

that damn Hail Mary 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2020/12/17/22184772/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-15

Buffalo Bills (10-3) over Denver Broncos (5-8)

Saturday, December 19 4:30 p.m. EST

The Bills can run to 13-3 and likely secure themselves the two seed in the AFC.

That would mean they host two playoff games before the AFC Championship but also means they wouldn’t have to face the Chiefs until that game, either. Buffalo clinches the AFC East with a win and I’m sure they would rather do it with a W than with a Dolphins loss.

Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1) over Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) Monday Night Football

Detroit Lions over Tennessee Titans (9-4)

New Orleans Saints over Kansas City Chiefs (12-1)
Sunday, December 20 4:25 p.m. EST  
Not w/o Drew. 

New England Patriots (6-7) over Miami Dolphins (8-5)  Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-12) over Baltimore Ravens (8-5)  Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST 

Houston Texans (4-9) over Indianapolis Colts (9-4)

New York Giants over Cleveland Browns (9-4)
Sunday Night Football. 

that’s some list.  

makes some games worth watching 

Guess I don't understand.  If we win against Denver, we clinch the East.  I can certainly understand wanting Pitt and KC to lose as a Pitt lose helps move us up to the #2 seed and with a KC lose have a real long shot at the #1 seed, but get it.

Can understand a little wanting Tenn and Indy losing as gives us more assurance of no worse than #3 seed.

But you lost me in the wild card games as it appears you're rooting for everyone to lose.  If so what does that accomplish, standing don't change, everyone is just one game back further.  There's basically 4 teams plus Raiders as long shot fighting for 3 wild card slots. 

To me at that point the Miami, Cleveland and Baltimore games then come down to who would we rather face and who do we want to see out of playoffs.  So whomever we'd rather face, I'd think should root for them to win??

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

crowd noise or not.  

playing at home does matter 

you get some warm weather or dome team 

Mid to Late January. 

that damn Hail Mary 

Ugh!!! 🙄

I know, bro! That was tough.

On the other hand though, that loss may have focused them even more. They're haven't lost since and the defense has stepped up a notch (or two).

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Guess I don't understand.  If we win against Denver, we clinch the East.  I can certainly understand wanting Pitt and KC to lose as a Pitt lose helps move us up to the #2 seed and with a KC lose have a real long shot at the #1 seed, but get it.

Can understand a little wanting Tenn and Indy losing as gives us more assurance of no worse than #3 seed.

But you lost me in the wild card games as it appears you're rooting for everyone to lose.  If so what does that accomplish, standing don't change, everyone is just one game back further.  There's basically 4 teams plus Raiders as long shot fighting for 3 wild card slots. 

To me at that point the Miami, Cleveland and Baltimore games then come down to who would we rather face and who do we want to see out of playoffs.  So whomever we'd rather face, I'd think should root for them to win??

I don't think Miami makes it. They are currently the 7th seed. Division winners will be BUF, PIT, KC, and TEN/IND. CLEV AND TEN/IND will probably get the first 2 WC spots. Baltimore is going to run the table (JAC, NYG, at CIN). Miami has tougher schedule (NE, at LV, at BUF).

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1