AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills Rooting Interests, Week 15

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I don't think Miami makes it. They are currently the 7th seed. Division winners will be BUF, PIT, KC, and TEN/IND. CLEV AND TEN/IND will probably get the first 2 WC spots. Baltimore is going to run the table (JAC, NYG, at CIN). Miami has tougher schedule (NE, at LV, at BUF).

Agree, so then who would you rather face, hence some of these teams we want to win.  But even then it's hard to know whom to root for until you know for certain if Buffalo is the 2, 3, or 4 seed. The 3 potential wild card teams could finish in the same seeding order as today, and we could end up playing any of them depending on where we end up.

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, so then who would you rather face, hence some of these teams we want to win.  But even then it's hard to know whom to root for until you know for certain if Buffalo is the 2, 3, or 4 seed. The 3 potential wild card teams could finish in the same seeding order as today, and we could end up playing any of them depending on where we end up.

Colts seems the best to play in the 1st game in Buffalo.

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Good point on the last 20 years with NE but their dynasty is dead. Bill won't be there forever and looking at the division I would say Buffalo and Miami will battling it out for the division for the next few years. If the hatred for Miami "cooled" I guarantee you it will heat up again since both teams are/or will be good in the near future.

So - if the NE dynasty is dead, what is Miami status from 2 generations ago?

For the record - I lived through the 70's. I know what it was like.

NE is fresh. I hate those bastards and their fan base. I welcome a renewed rivalry with Miami.

6 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

All I know is I don’t want the second seed if Ravens end up in the wildcard. 

Im not loving that match up with the Ravens getting healthy right in time for the push. 

The AFC is stacked. Ravens would be a tough game for sure. 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But you lost me in the wild card games as it appears you're rooting for everyone to lose.  If so what does that accomplish, standing don't change, everyone is just one game back further.  There's basically 4 teams plus Raiders as long shot fighting for 3 wild card slots. 

the article lost you 

I posted what was written (sometimes I alter it but I make it obvious)

Read the link and it will explain the rationale 

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Does purloining the one at work count? Asking for a friend. ;)

yes. It’s what I do (when I went to the office)

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Guess I don't understand.  If we win against Denver, we clinch the East.  I can certainly understand wanting Pitt and KC to lose as a Pitt lose helps move us up to the #2 seed and with a KC lose have a real long shot at the #1 seed, but get it.

Can understand a little wanting Tenn and Indy losing as gives us more assurance of no worse than #3 seed.

But you lost me in the wild card games as it appears you're rooting for everyone to lose.  If so what does that accomplish, standing don't change, everyone is just one game back further.  There's basically 4 teams plus Raiders as long shot fighting for 3 wild card slots. 

To me at that point the Miami, Cleveland and Baltimore games then come down to who would we rather face and who do we want to see out of playoffs.  So whomever we'd rather face, I'd think should root for them to win??

Of this trio, we'd want Miami.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

I agree with all, except I believe Belicheck will figure out a way to beat the Fins. Damn, they all have pretty easy games though, in general. 

You also forget that it works both ways... so long as Belichick is their coach, I take NO trip to Foxboro to mean a win. They still will find a way to cheat regardless. They are like the Soviet Union there until Belichick leaves... 

On 12/17/2020 at 5:05 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2020/12/17/22184772/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-15

AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills Rooting Interests, Week 15

Buffalo Bills (10-3) over Denver Broncos (5-8)

Saturday, December 19 4:30 p.m. EST

The Bills can run to 13-3 and likely secure themselves the two seed in the AFC.

That would mean they host two playoff games before the AFC Championship but also means they wouldn’t have to face the Chiefs until that game, either. Buffalo clinches the AFC East with a win and I’m sure they would rather do it with a W than with a Dolphins loss.

Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1) over Pittsburgh Steelers (11-2) Monday Night Football

Detroit Lions over Tennessee Titans (9-4)
Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST

New Orleans Saints over Kansas City Chiefs (12-1)
Sunday, December 20 4:25 p.m. EST  
Not w/o Drew. 

New England Patriots (6-7) over Miami Dolphins (8-5)  Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST

Jacksonville Jaguars (1-12) over Baltimore Ravens (8-5)  Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST 

Houston Texans (4-9) over Indianapolis Colts (9-4)
Sunday, December 20 1:00 p.m. EST

New York Giants over Cleveland Browns (9-4)
Sunday Night Football. 

that’s some list.  

makes some games worth watching 

Of all these scenarios, the only 2 I see happening are the bills beating the broncos and maybe the saints beating kc, but that may even be a stretch. Honestly, if they beat the broncos and win the division, I'm happier than a cat in heat 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Of all these scenarios, the only 2 I see happening are the bills beating the broncos and maybe the saints beating kc, but that may even be a stretch. Honestly, if they beat the broncos and win the division, I'm happier than a cat in heat 

Besides a Buffalo win

Drew might play so there’s that. 

Houston could do it. 

Belicheat v young QBs