How will it happen?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. The Bills will clinch the AFC East for the first time in 25 years by:

• The Bills beating the Broncos on Saturday
    • The Pats beating Miami on Sunday
    • The Bills beating the Pats week 16
    • The Bills beating Miami week 17

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Bills clinch the AFCE with a win OR Dolphins loss. Either event cinches the division. 

okay, so the fins losing will have no implications. odd, it would seem they would have to win either both or at least one more division game to secure the division. that's why I'm just a fan as this time of year can get some what confusing. thanks

regardless of scenarios, the bills win out, finishing the season 13-3.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They're going to win it Saturday and then about 80% of the players are going to hit up the dispensaries and going to watch Friday on the flight home....in honor of Deebo.

if we were on the same team, i'd be so mean to you.

20 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

okay, so the fins losing will have no implications. odd, it would seem they would have to win either both or at least one more division game to secure the division. that's why I'm just a fan as this time of year can get some what confusing. thanks

regardless of scenarios, the bills win out, finishing the season 13-3.

If we win, that gets us to 11 wins. The best Miami can do is 11 wins if they win out. 

In that scenario we’d win on the “Best Win Percentage in Common Games Tiebreaker.”

1) H2H Record (Dolphins winning out would make us 1-1 on the season.

2) Record in the Division (Dolphins winning out and us winning against DEN makes us both 4-2) We could win on this tiebreaker in the even we lose to DEN and MIA but beat NE. We’d be 5-1 and they’d be 4-2. 

3) W% in Common Games Tiebreaker (This is what it would come down to in the event we beat Denver and lose to MIA + NE while MIA wins their last 3)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Commanding win over the broncos! 

Go Bills!!!

Stat checkers.  Have the the Bills ever swept the AFC East?  I know they didn't do it during the Kelly years, so I strongly suspect the answer is no.  That @NE game has typically been a thorn.

Edited by wjag

Playoff Berth

The Bills can clinch a playoff spot with a win on Saturday against the Denver Broncos. They can also clinch a playoff spot if either the Baltimore Ravens or Miami Dolphins lose their game. (Baltimore is playing the Jacksonville Jaguarswhile the Dolphins are playing the New England Patriots.) In the unlikely event of a Bills tie, a Ravens or Dolphins tie would also do the trick. 

Bills win

OR

Dolphins loss

OR

Ravens loss

OR

Bills tie + Dolphins tie

OR

Bills tie + Ravens tie
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/12/16/22178448/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-clinching-scenarios-for-week-15

The Bills have to beat the Broncos.  They are a good team but the Saints, Chiefs, Steelers, Titans, and Raiders all played them and took care of business. It will not be easy, but you can't lose to teams like the Broncos or you are just a Dolphins caliber team.  5-8 teams do not beat 10-3 teams that are talking Super Bowl.

18 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills have to beat the Broncos.  They are a good team but the Saints, Chiefs, Steelers, Titans, and Raiders all played them and took care of business. It will not be easy, but you can't lose to teams like the Broncos or you are just a Dolphins caliber team.  5-8 teams do not beat 10-3 teams that are talking Super Bowl.

And yet the lowly Raiders currently sitting at barely over .500, beat the mighty Chiefs this season. "Any given Sunday" is a time-honored football cliche for a reason--it fits. That said I do fully expect the Bills to still take care of business this weekend too. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I fell asleep and my mouth was open, would you put a huge pinch of Copenhagen in my gum?  We did that to a guy once and he got sick because he ended up swallowing it after he woke up.

i have an oddly similar story.  a bunch of guy we played football with were flying together, and one of them fell asleep with his mouth open.  another guy had these european cookies that had chocolate in the middle, and lightly placed one in his mouth so it was just resting there.  the other passengers took turns laughing at him, and at one point, the flight attendants were calling each other over to look.

well, when he woke up, he quickly bit down.  the chocolate in the middle of the cookie was runny because it had been in his mouth for a while, and when he bit into it, chocolate oozed all over the front of him.  he was extremely unhappy.

15 minutes ago, teef said:

i have an oddly similar story.  a bunch of guy we played football with were flying together, and one of them fell asleep with his mouth open.  another guy had these european cookies that had chocolate in the middle, and lightly placed one in his mouth so it was just resting there.  the other passengers took turns laughing at him, and at one point, the flight attendants were calling each other over to look.

well, when he woke up, he quickly bit down.  the chocolate in the middle of the cookie was runny because it had been in his mouth for a while, and when he bit into it, chocolate oozed all over the front of him.  he was extremely unhappy.

Why was he unhappy with chocolate oozing from his mouth?  I would love for someone to put chocolate in my mouth when it's open.

3 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Any Given Sunday....

Giants beat the Seahawks

Redskins beat the Steelers

Eagles beat the Saints

Jaguars beat the Colts

49ers beat the Rams twice

Don't get me wrong, the Bills should thump the Broncos but this is the NFL and no win is a given.