I'm Tired of the End Crusts on Loaves of Bread

Irv

I just throw out the ends.  Wouldn't it be way better of the just sold the middle parts and used the ends for croutons, bread crumbs, whatever...anything else or something else?  I won't make a sandwich, French toast, grilled cheese, anything with the ends.  Kids don't like them either. 

Yes. I am working from home.  Yes. I do make my lunch every day.  And yes. I still need to get a life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Ends off of a freshly baked loaves are the best.

The next day they they're the worst of the loaf.

Troof.  Someone needs to step up their bread game.  I don’t care for the heels on a sandwich, but they are the best with butter, cheese, etc. - if it is good bread. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dude... They are called: The Heels.

And, it's the best part!

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Bride the First used to try to sneak them into my sandwiches by putting the crust side towards the filling.  As that was her only sneaky trait, I suppose I was a lucky man. 🙂 

Your Bride makes you sammiches?  I must be doing something wrong! 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Irv said:

I just throw out the ends.  Wouldn't it be way better of the just sold the middle parts and used the ends for croutons, bread crumbs, whatever...anything else or something else?  I won't make a sandwich, French toast, grilled cheese, anything with the ends.  Kids don't like them either. 

Yes. I am working from home.  Yes. I do make my lunch every day.  And yes. I still need to get a life. 

This is some next level Elaine Benes top of the muffin type thinking. 👏

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.