A good time to be a Bills fan

Sometimes you just have to stop and reflect on where the Bills are as a team.

- We just won our first Monday Night Football game in what.....over a decade?  CHECK

- We did it by going BACK to Arizona where we lost a heart breaker to Arizona CHECK

- We have beaten the patriots for the first time in god I dont even know how many years CHECK

- In an excellent position to win our division CHECK

- Franchise QB in place CHECK

- Offense setting records CHECk

- Have a legit number 1 receiver CHECK

- We are literally in a position where we can beat anybody and it wouldnt be an upset

Not only are the bills good....but they set up in a way where they can be good for a number of years......Josh Allen panned out

The defense is not as dominant as it has been previous years....but they appear to be hitting their stride as we get closer to playoffs

Its a good time to be a bills fan

-

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

My son is 22 and grew up watching the Bills lose year after year in every excruciating way possible.  Just about every game this season he has turned to me at some point and marveled at how good the Bills look.  It's like he can't believe his own eyes.  It's a whole new world for him.  

It is a good time to be a Bills' fan.  Finally.

• Like (+1) 9

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My son is 22 and grew up watching the Bills lose year after year in every excruciating way possible.  Just about every game this season he has turned to me at some point and marveled at how good the Bills look.  It's like he can't believe his own eyes.  It's a whole new world for him.  

It's a good time to be a fan, and there seem to be a few more now, which is good.  In fact, it's my understanding that there are 9 million fans who never left the stadium for the great Houston comeback game....😎

• Like (+1) 3

This team can win a super bowl. This year. We don’t have to get lucky or catch a couple of breaks. We can win if we play our game and limit mistakes. Kansas City is the only team that could give us a problem. We were one play away from beating them. 3rd and 12

If it happens again we will make that stop. Get the ball. Drive it down the field and win the game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This post spoke to me - similar in that my son is 24 and has been a true Bills Fan since he was a kid because - well - his ol' man loved them, as my Dad did too, My son would still stay a true fan even when his school friends would just root for whoever was winning. 

So grateful and glad for our kids and all Bills fans that have waited too long for MNF Victories like we just experienced . 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

- We just won our first Monday Night Football game in what.....over a decade?  CHECK

- We did it by going BACK to Arizona where we lost a heart breaker to Arizona CHECK

- We have beaten the patriots for the first time in god I dont even know how many years CHECK

- We are literally in a position where we can beat anybody and it wouldnt be an upset

Not only are the bills good....but they set up in a way where they can be good for a number of years......Josh Allen panned out

The defense is not as dominant as it has been previous years....but they appear to be hitting their stride as we get closer to playoffs

-

It's about time you say something positive about this team.

Go Beels!

• Haha (+1) 1

We have 2 ligit wrs ✔

Maybe 3 with Davis and brown

We have a ligit place kicker who can hit from 70 God knows how the kid is tiny 

But great things come in small packages

We finally have 3 healthy lbs 

Edited by scuba guy

1 hour ago, TPS said:

It's a good time to be a fan, and there seem to be a few more now, which is good.  In fact, it's my understanding that there are 9 million fans who never left the stadium for the great Houston comeback game....😎

9 million and one....I have proof, tickets AND pictures!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm almost 42.  I started watching football around 1988 when I was only 9 years old.  Which just happens to be when the Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith squad came together.  For the first decade of my football life, I had no idea what it was like to miss the playoffs or watch my team struggle to win double-digit games.  Back then, I always felt like we had a contender capable of going all the way.

Seeing the Bills (finally) playing well again is certainly exciting.  The things they are accomplishing now under Brandon Beane, Sean McDermott and Josh Allen... they haven't done in 20 years or more.  It's absolutely crazy how long we've been waiting.

At the same time, for a lot of the older guys like me, it's hard to be satisfied with little milestones like beating the Patriots or notching a victory on Monday night.  I want MORE, and I refuse to be content with these small accomplishments.  As soon as the 49ers game was decided, I was immediately thinking about how badly we need to defeat Pittsburgh and how well we truly matchup against Kansas City.  Don't get me wrong.  It feels great to be a winner again.  But strangely, I still have a sense of "unfinished business" from back in the 1990s.  We never completed the job back then.  And trust me when I say that ultimately, nothing will be satisfying until we win a Super Bowl.  

I think Bills fans are certainly a tortured bunch. The super bowl years were a lot of fun but most remember the team for losing the big one(s). Then came a long long visit  to professional sports Siberia. What fans forget is that besides the Patriots of course, there are lots of really good teams that consistently make the playoffs but don’t, or rarely, win it all. Enjoy the ride! You never know when that train to Siberia will be leaving again. 
Go Bills

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm almost 42.  I started watching football around 1988 when I was only 9 years old.  Which just happens to be when the Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith squad came together.  For the first decade of my football life, I had no idea what it was like to miss the playoffs or watch my team struggle to win double-digit games.  Back then, I always felt like we had a contender capable of going all the way.

Seeing the Bills (finally) playing well again is certainly exciting.  The things they are accomplishing now under Brandon Beane, Sean McDermott and Josh Allen... they haven't done in 20 years or more.  It's absolutely crazy how long we've been waiting.

At the same time, for a lot of the older guys like me, it's hard to be satisfied with little milestones like beating the Patriots or notching a victory on Monday night.  I want MORE, and I refuse to be content with these small accomplishments.  As soon as the 49ers game was decided, I was immediately thinking about how badly we need to defeat Pittsburgh and how well we truly matchup against Kansas City.  Don't get me wrong.  It feels great to be a winner again.  But strangely, I still have a sense of "unfinished business" from back in the 1990s.  We never completed the job back then.  And trust me when I say that ultimately, nothing will be satisfying until we win a Super Bowl.  

Good post - I can relate - I moved to Rochester in 1985 - a buddy of mine cajoled me into attending the Jests home opener in 1986...altho the Bills lost I had finally found my obsessive fandom calling.....I attended every game in 86, got my season tixs for 1987 which JK era was now starting with the Bills....after MANY MANY zany escapades of tailgating in the parking lot, watching endless awesome games, AFC championships, the comeback game I thought there is no end......sadly there was.....oh so awesome to see the Buffalo Beeels now winning and winning with a franchise QB in place with a good HC and a good GM and front office in place.  Enjoy this run while it lasts and hopefully it lasts a good long time.  I honestly believe the SB win is in the cards this time.  Some excellent pieces are in place.

Go BILLS!!!

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

-

I don't know about this.  It may not be shocking, but if we beat the Chiefs down the road it would be an upset.