ROCKPILE REVIEW - Serious Win

Shaw66

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I think the best play of the game was Edmunds stuff on 4th and 1.  We should’ve stopped them on 3rd down to make them go 3 and out but the flag flies onto the screen from the other side of the field for a phantom PI.  That led to a 13 play drove in which they were manhandling us in the run game for the most part.  And then the goalline stand happened.  Edmunds said NO and laid the lumber on Wilson, who’s a decently sized back. We told them that they weren’t going to impose their will on us like the chiefs did earlier in the year.  Things are different.  

Sure, they got in a couple plays later after the Moss fumble, while the D was still exhausted, but edmunds tackle really resonated with me.  I was ******* fired up!  My wife said she got goosebumps because I was so fired up lol

Funny to say this but Butler getting his ass beat and blown off the line two yards deep into the end zone made this huge lane for Tremaine to run straight to the ball carrier and stuffed him cold.  If Butler doesn’t get clobbered not sure Edmunds would have got a clean shot and stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Funny to say this but Butler getting his ass beat and blown off the line two yards deep into the end zone made this huge lane for Tremaine to run straight to the ball carrier and stuffed him cold.  If Butler doesn’t get clobbered not sure Edmunds would have got a clean shot and stop. 

Clobbered is a great word.  I should use it more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I always thought the McDermott being too conservative criticism was way too premature.  He never had the horses when he first got here to play an aggressive style of offense.  I don't blame him for being conservative at that time.  He always acknowledged that he knew the Bills had to get better on offense, score more points and play more aggressive.  I always had faith that he wasn't just giving us lip service and he understood that to be the reality but he just needed the weapons to be able to coach that way.  There were wayyy too many fans that gave him no patience and thought that McDermott only knew how to coach low scoring, conservative football.  

• Like (+1) 1

People are posting about "the play of the game."   In that game, there were plenty.

Hyde's tackle, White's INT, Johnson's TFL, Diggs' fourth down conversion, McKenzie's TD.  Big play after big play.   

It's a lot of fun when you win like that. 

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I always thought the McDermott being too conservative criticism was way too premature.  He never had the horses when he first got here to play an aggressive style of offense.  I don't blame him for being conservative at that time.  He always acknowledged that he knew the Bills had to get better on offense, score more points and play more aggressive.  I always had faith that he wasn't just giving us lip service and he understood that to be the reality but he just needed the weapons to be able to coach that way.  There were wayyy too many fans that gave him no patience and thought that McDermott only knew how to coach low scoring, conservative football.  

This, PLUS he's just learning.  He's a fourth-year HC.  He has to develop a feel for what works and what doesn't, just like players on the field. 

McD isn't done learning.   His teams aren't done getting better.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LewPort71 said:

Stefon Digg's block on  Dawsons TD was my play of the game.  Just shows how much Stefon is about TEAM.

I mean, it's hard to pick one.  I agree about what it says about Diggs.   And it was text book.   Fantatasic.

I'll say this, the play of the game probably was in the that corner of field, because that's where Hyde made his tackle, too.  

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

The Bills really didn’t need to go for it.  It was fourth and two on the San Francisco 28.  They led 27-17, and they’d just run five minutes off the clock.  A field goal would put them up by 13 points with ten minutes left.  But Sean McDermott wanted more.

[ SNIP FOR BREVITY ]

12.  Saved the best for last.  Josh Allen.

9-3 with four big challenges left. 

GO BILLS!!!

The Rockpile Review is written to share the passion we have for the Buffalo Bills. That passion was born in the Rockpile; its parents were everyday people of western New York who translated their dedication to a full day’s hard work and simple pleasures into love for a pro football team.

An assessment as worthy as the subject.   Well done ...

5 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

Stefon Digg's block on  Dawsons TD was my play of the game.  Just shows how much Stefon is about TEAM.

Diggs has been laying out awesome downfield blocks all season.  When we lost Robert Woods I was really disappointed but it wasn't only because of his receiving abilities but it was because he always played with some fire and was a nasty blocker.  Diggs brings those exact same intangibles.  That is the kind of guy you win with.  

• Like (+1) 2

Ecstatic about last night game. What I'm most excited about is the Bills ability to win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  We stopped their power running game,  something we've struggled against top teams. We also ran the ball effectively by consistently gaining 5-7 yards per run. 

My only concern for this team was that we were not stout enough on the lines. If this game is any indication, I believe the bills can do some serious damage come this January. 

11 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

. Fourth-quarter goal-line stand, second down.  Incredible recovery and touchdown-saving tackle by Hyde.  What a play!   Toughness, determination, technique. 

Remember when Micah Hyde returned punts?  I’d forgotten how good he is as a return man.  Then he had his interception and reminded us all.  He wasn’t going down until it was time to go down. 

Great write-up, Shaw.  You're absolutely right about the tough game Diggs is playing for us.  He is a Baller.

Beasley is Beastley.

Gabe Davis, in between catches, is blocking his ass off on every down.

And yes, McDermott has either learned to become more aggressive, or he's just got way more faith in our offense's ability to execute this season

I got to highlight and give an extra shout-out to Micah Hyde.  That man Laid the Lumber last night.  Earlier, there was a play where a 49ers WR caught a pass, went to the turf, and didn't think he was touched so he got up to run with Hyde and someone else right there.  Hyde inverted him and SLAMMED him to the turf.  I was afraid he was gonna draw some sort of UR penalty but fortunately the refs must have considered the guy a runner at that point.  I kind of felt like the 49ers were  being super-physical on D at first and maybe figured we wouldn't hit has hard on D, but we did.  We did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to highlight and give an extra shout-out to Micah Hyde.  That man Laid the Lumber last night.  Earlier, there was a play where a 49ers WR caught a pass, went to the turf, and didn't think he was touched so he got up to run with Hyde and someone else right there.  Hyde inverted him and SLAMMED him to the turf.  I was afraid he was gonna draw some sort of UR penalty but fortunately the refs must have considered the guy a runner at that point.  I kind of felt like the 49ers were  being super-physical on D at first and maybe figured we wouldn't hit has hard on D, but we did.  We did.

That play was great.  I remember being impressed by Hyde's presence of mind and his toughness.  That guy had a lot of room to run, and Hyde knew it. 

Hyde is a classic safety. He is the last line of defense, he knows it, and he takes that very seriously.

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 1