Josh Allen one of only two QBs this season with 80 QBR against both man and zone coverage

Logic

I just saw this on SportsCenter, during an interview about Monday night's game.

Like the title says, Allen is one of just two QBs in the league with an 80 or better QBR against both man and zone coverage. The other QB? One Patrick Mahomes.

Say what you want about QBR as a metric, but it sure seems like Josh is solving the puzzles defensive coordinators are throwing at him as the season goes along.

EoZ8ma8WMAAjEJT?format=jpg&name=large

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

That’s as much a testament to Allen’s receivers as it is to Allen himself. 

Truth,  It doesn’t work any other way! 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, cage said:

...and the OL.  Basically it speaks to everyone but Allen.  He'd be a crappy QB without all of them

I think Allen is a very good QB with a lot of room and willingness to improve, but having a good Rating aganist diferents coverages sepeaks a lot about play desing and how good he was teached

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

That’s as much a testament to Allen’s receivers as it is to Allen himself. 

Agreed...it is a team sport, after all. But it does say quite a bit about Josh, also. He has clearly improved in every facet of his game including:

• Reading defenses
  • Going through his progressions
  • Accuracy
  • Setting up receivers for YAC
  • Decision making
  • Much less ‘hero ball’
  • Long ball

I suspect there’s more that others can add to the list but that’s a good start. 😃 

There is zero doubt in my mind that we have our franchise QB. Now all I want is that he thinks along the lines of TB and takes a little off the next contract to ensure he’s surrounded by other offensive weapons. Wishful thinking? Probably...but a guy can hope. 

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Agreed...it is a team sport, after all. But it does say quite a bit about Josh, also. He has clearly improved in every facet of his game including:

• Reading defenses
  • Going through his progressions
  • Accuracy
  • Setting up receivers for YAC
  • Decision making
  • Much less ‘hero ball’
  • Long ball

I suspect there’s more that others can add to the list but that’s a good start. 😃 

There is zero doubt in my mind that we have our franchise QB. Now all I want is that he thinks along the lines of TB and takes a little off the next contract to ensure he’s surrounded by other offensive weapons. Wishful thinking? Probably...but a guy can hope. 

Just so I’m clear, did you read any part of my comment as a criticism of Allen? Because nothing can be further about how I feel about Josh’s maturation and command of this offense. My only point was that he has a group of receivers who are adept at recognizing coverages both pre and post snap. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just so I’m clear, did you read any part of my comment as a criticism of Allen? Because nothing can be further about how I feel about Josh’s maturation and command of this offense. My only point was that he has a group of receivers who are adept at recognizing coverages both pre and post snap. 

No, not at all! I agreed but was also trying to make the point that he has indeed improved across many aspects of his game so it’s not all on the weapons...it’s a combination. 

Apologies if I came across poorly...wasn’t my intent. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

No, not at all! I agreed but was also trying to make the point that he has indeed improved across many aspects of his game so it’s not all on the weapons...it’s a combination. 

Apologies if I came across poorly...wasn’t my intent. 

No worries. You came across just fine. I was worried that perhaps I hadn’t. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1