Looks like we're shorthanded tomorrow - Covid-19

QB Bills

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Levi is the biggest loss, looks like it'll be up to Jackson and Tre to cover Kirk/Hopkins.  Fitz will be in the slot... think he will eat on Taron.

Going to have to put Tre on an island against Hopkins and give Jackson help over the top against Kirk.   Taron against Fitzgerald was always going to be a tough matchup.  

I’d still copy the Seattle gameplan and just try to beat up Kyler.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, SCBills said:

Going to have to put Tre on an island against Hopkins and give Jackson help over the top against Kirk.   Taron against Fitzgerald was always going to be a tough matchup.  

I’d still copy the Seattle gameplan and just try to beat up Kyler.  

Interestingly, no corner has shadowed Hopkins  (lined up across from him at least 50% of snaps) all season. According to Greg Cosell. 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Come on,  @Matt Parrino, Be Better than this. 

There is a specific definition of contact based on time and distance as logged by the Kinexion tracker within the facility.

If you meet it, you're a contact.  If you don't, you aren't. 

Contact doesn't mean "anyone who stood within a foot for a couple minutes"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I mean they were...

I am sure there is some gaming going on....but the criteria is not within one foot, there is also an element of time considered.  I think if you are within 6 feet for 10 minutes it counts. If it was one foot at any time we might as well just forfeit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I mean they were...

Seriously, it seems that moron is trying to make a name for himself with that tweet. What other reason is there for it? He is not "fascinated" with contact tracing at all.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know I am restating the obvious, but this truly is mind bogglingly bad.

I mean, this is literally heart piercing. 

This is punch myself in the nuts as hard as I can until I black out, bad.  Then, Hitler comes back from the dead and keeps pounding my nads with a big stick until I wake back up and then he tells me he digs my wife before I pass out again bad.

...I don’t believe I am getting my point across to you how bad I think this is.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Come on,  @Matt Parrino, Be Better than this. 

There is a specific definition of contact based on time and distance as logged by the Kinexion tracker within the facility.

If you meet it, you're a contact.  If you don't, you aren't. 

Contact doesn't mean "anyone who stood within a foot for a couple minutes"

I think he knows that which is why he said the tracing process is fascinating. It’s not easy to determine just by observation 

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I am sure there is some gaming going on....but the criteria is not within one foot, there is also an element of time considered.  I think if you are within 6 feet for 10 minutes it counts. If it was one foot at any time we might as well just forfeit.

The definition the season started with is 15 continuous minutes within 6 feet.

Whether the NFL has updated it, I can not fnd out.

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I remember that too.  

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

This is punch myself in the nuts as hard as I can until I black out, bad.  Then, Hitler comes back from the dead and keeps pounding my nads with a big stick until I wake back up and then he tells me he digs my wife before I pass out again bad.

It’s...

It’s not that bad. Really.

The worst case scenario is losing a game to a tough NFC opponent on the road.

It’ll be okay.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whether they have updated it, I can not fnd out.

Do you happen to know if they have updated it for being outside as opposed to inside, as they've had close contacts in game conditions with no known transmissions, I believe?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, he’s describing how contract tracing works and it’s not based on being a foot away from someone 

He's not describing how contact tracing works.  He's saying it's "fascinating" and implying it's somehow hit-and-miss since guys he observed standing next to Norman weren't defined as close contacts.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Whether the NFL has updated it, I can not fnd out.

The CDC has updated it to 15 minutes allocated. So if you are around someone a lot and total 15 minutes within 6 feet no face covering it is considered a close contact. I don’t know if the nfl also uses this now but they have bracelets to track everything. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

It’s...

It’s not that bad. Really.

The worst case scenario is losing a game to a tough NFC opponent on the road.

It’ll be okay.

The thing is, Logic, we all know that if the Bills lose this is 2-3 more weeks of “see, the Bills aren’t that good.”, and “Josh Allen, what has he done? Couldn’t even beat the Cards, but Tua could!”

I’m just truly not in the mood anymore for all of THAT garbage.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

What a traitor.

I hope he loses his media pass. Throwing the team under the bus to score Twitter points. 

Worse than that, he apparently doesn’t even realize that tracking requires you to be within six feet of someone for a period of time.   

Pretty solid sports reporting, from the sports reporter, who doesn’t know the rules that apply to the sport he’s covering. 

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Do you happen to know if they have updated it for being outside as opposed to inside, as they've had close contacts in game conditions with no known transmissions, I believe?

As far as I know, the contact tracing process does not consider inside vs. outside or masked vs. unmasked.   15 minutes, 6 feet.

I'm not sure in-game contacts meet the time criterion.  The contacts that have emerged during games are coaches who are up in the booth together, or reserve players who spend the game in close proximity on the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love the Bills but the only thing I'm really concerned about is that all of these guys either get or are healthy and that none of their family members gets sick.  I'm particularly worried about Kroft b/c of the baby.  Eff football.  I hope that little girl stays safe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's not describing how contact tracing works.  He's saying it's "fascinating" and implying it's somehow hit-and-miss since guys he observed standing next to Norman weren't defined as close contacts.

What I meant was - he’s describing that it is NOT based on being a foot away from someone, given they weren’t identified as close contacts 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

all 3 could easily test positive Monday morning 

A few weeks ago Josh Allen literally hugged a dude with COVID so let’s not get hysterical.  

Edited by SCBills

Definitely sucks. The only real big loss is Wallace. Kroft is our best TE and I like the look when Lee is there. Marlowe is important if Hyde is out but he’s not even a starter. Norman has been a complete waste. It definitely sucks. Could be worse, still have to find a way to win. I really like what I saw from Dane. I have secretly wanted to see him get a bigger shot. Certainly didn’t want it to be at the cost of Wallace but it is what it is. Step up and show what you have again. He was very solid against the Jets. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I love the Bills but the only thing I'm really concerned about is that all of these guys either get or are healthy and that none of their family members gets sick.  I'm particularly worried about Kroft b/c of the baby.  Eff football.  I hope that little girl stays safe. 

Section, honestly, I’m sure they will all be alright.

i am not worried about it not out of being callous, but just because, truly, I think they are going to be perfectly fine.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

2 positives and 2 negatives in sequence?.... Is Elon Musk testing this team?

It's been defined as "out of scope" to explain how the PCR covid test works, but the info is out there, this is not unexpected, and it's actually a good finding for us. You can hit me in PM if you can't find a source that makes sense.