Are you ready for some Prime Time Football? 6 games remaining only 1 slot for a 1 PM game.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:21 AM, YoloinOhio said:

If you use prime time during mcdermott tenure—

2017 0-1 (At Jets)

2018 0-1 (Pats / we had Derek Anderson at QB)

2019 1-0 (At Steelers) 

2020 0-2 (at Titans, Chiefs)

This is TNF/SNF/MNF. Am I missing any? I didn’t include any national 4pm stuff like thanksgiving or playoffs since it’s not considered prime time. Not sure if chiefs at 5pm is considered prime time but I included it since Monday night 

Thanks. I didn’t have the stats was just going by memory. Maybe you could throw our recent playoff game and thanksgiving game in there but we haven’t fared all that well at night. 
Here’s to that changing forever!!!

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

ugh?  

the matchups or the night games? 

the only true threat is the Steelers 

Indy could go bad if Rivers plays phenomenal 

Screw the Tua love and the Bills may not need to win that game for seeding purposes.  

SF at night would be like playing at 11PM. 
hope the Bills play the time difference smartly. 
other than that I also don’t see them as a threat. 
we have been not the best on prime time out the Dallas game

Traditionally we loose to one bad team a year

Traditionally we loose one game we should not have.. has not happened yet. Although im optimistic about this team, I wont turn a blind eye to history. i have the right to feel how i do

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Traditionally we loose to one bad team a year

Traditionally we loose one game we should not have.. has not happened yet. Although im optimistic about this team, I wont turn a blind eye to history. i have the right to feel how i do

so we steal one from Pitt and lose to Miami wk 17 ;) 

10 hours ago, benderbender said:

We aren’t good in Prime Time this year. Not even good at 4pm

6 games to go.  2 for sure at 1 PM, 3 night games and 1 possible Flex.  

9 hours ago, CLTbills said:

yikes. Stock the espresso drawer. Gonna be a lot of tired mornings.

lol. Yeah 

For night games

you are too excited for a win or too upset after a loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

im still a 1pm truther.  just seen this team be so bad on prime time games, basically not showing up.

this team getting healthy over the next two weeks going into the chargers game is HUGE tho.  if morse, our DBs, milano, and ford can come back, along w our TEs and brown getting back to healthy, this is a much much better team IMO.

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Dolphins at Bills gets flexed to SNF. Could be for the division.

It is possible. 
Like some have said. 

there is now tape on Tua and he has to beat Belicheat. Unless they play Fitz ;) 

7 hours ago, colin said:

im still a 1pm truther.  just seen this team be so bad on prime time games, basically not showing up.

this team getting healthy over the next two weeks going into the chargers game is HUGE tho.  if morse, our DBs, milano, and ford can come back, along w our TEs and brown getting back to healthy, this is a much much better team IMO.

TBH there are a lot of teams with horrible prime time records.  

On 11/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, Bakin said:

Not sure our success in prime time the last few years but I don’t think it’s good. 

Actually the Bills spanked the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and beat the Steelers on Sunday Night Football in Pitt....so, last year was a good year for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, colin said:

True, but the Bills badly need the practice of playing in the national limelight. At some point very soon (like…this year!), the expectation needs to be winning playoff games. I don’t want Sean McDermott to be thought of as just another Marvin Lewis. At the moment, there are 13 NFL head coaches who were hired in 2017 or earlier by their current team. 7 of them have already won Super Bowls. 3 of them are on their way out very soon (Marrone, Lynn, Zimmer). McVay and Shanahan were hired the same year as Coach McDermott and have already made it to a Super Bowl.

And yes, we’re all very grateful that the Drought Era (2000-2016) is no more. But is it, really? Check out these other droughts:

Consecutive seasons without a division title: 24 (behind only Cleveland and Detroit).

Consecutive seasons without a playoff victory: 24 (behind only Cleveland, Detroit, and Cincy).

Consecutive seasons without a final 4 appearance: 26 (behind only Cleveland, Detroit, Cincy, Washington, and Miami).

Look at the company we keep…something really awful is in the Lake Erie waters, by the way…

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If you are West Coast I could see the love

If you are East Coast, I hate not getting to sleep until 1 AM from either result 

If you are international, watching games at 12pm is fantastic!

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

This time they will have to play a real QB...

And this time, they have Diggs, another year older and wiser in Josh Allen and apparently, an overall improved Offense. Also, the Defense has YET to have all of their starters on the field at once in weeks. Between COVID and injuries, this Defense has been beat up. Now, the Steelers are a very good overall team and I'm NOT saying the Bills "should" win or that they will. The point made was about recent history on Prime Time and so I pointed out the fact that in their two Prime Time games last year, the Bills were 2-0.

If you point to this year, it comes with a gigantic asterisk, because the Bills didn't even know what team they were playing or when until the Saturday before the Tuesday night game. The Titans had 25 positive COVID cases during a 10 day period and still were permitted to change nearly the entire NFL schedule not to mention the other team the Bills had to prepare for that they WERE scheduled to play in Prime Time, the Super Bowl champs. The Bills lost handedly in both games. No excuses, but it does come with some rather large caveats when taking into context the totality of circumstances. JMO