Hey Bills, what are you waiting for? It’s time for Josh to get paid!

Tipster19

23 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Honestly, the price goes up every year. The quicker you get in (if you know he's the guy, of course) the cheaper the price tag is.

What would it cost to re-sign him now, versus what would it cost if he were to go out and win the Super Bowl this year?

Not saying he's going to, but you can see how that value can balloon.

How did you miss the entire first page saying YOU LITERALLY CAN'T EXTEND HIM YET PER CBA RULES?

Also we have no idea how the salary cap is going to shake out so it's not the right time to do it even if we could.

29 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Honestly, the price goes up every year. The quicker you get in (if you know he's the guy, of course) the cheaper the price tag is.

What would it cost to re-sign him now, versus what would it cost if he were to go out and win the Super Bowl this year?

Not saying he's going to, but you can see how that value can balloon.

So why would Allen want to sign now if he knows he can make more money after the season?

29 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Hardly the same thing.......Veteran Journeyman with a noodle arm on a cheap expiring deal  vs A 7th overall pick that was drafted to be a franchise QB.

I wasn't compared quarterbacks at all. Merely that it's too early to throw $$$ at him, just like when we did the same with Fitzy. Fitzy needed more games to justify that payday.

Nothing to do with talent level. 

Josh Allen is playing great for sure.  However I never understand why fans root for QBs to get these obscene contracts- are you related to him?

The $30 million + contract will be a huge drain on the Bills resources for years.  It becomes hard to retain top talent with a bloated QB contract (see Rams, Eagles, Seahawks, etc.)

The longer the Bills can hold off paying Josh like this the better for the team- it's not personal it's just business.  Use the QB rookie deal window for as long as possible

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The kid has given everything he’s got to this franchise, now it’s time to reciprocate. He’s the perfect fit for this organization and fan base. Let’s go Buffalo!!!

Um, No.

What the Bills are waiting for is what they should be waiting for: Josh is under contract for 4 years, with an option for a 5th year.  Assuming he continues to develop, now is the time to add pieces, not to unnecessarily take a huge salary cap hit.  It's in neither of their interests, ultimately, to sign a contract now.

I'm not even sure it's allowed

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've been here for 15 years so should have a PhD in something by now. :thumbsup:

PhD: That's "Piled Higher and Deeper", right?

I should know!  😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, No.

What the Bills are waiting for is what they should be waiting for: Josh is under contract for 4 years, with an option for a 5th year.  Assuming he continues to develop, now is the time to add pieces, not to unnecessarily take a huge salary cap hit.  It's in neither of their interests, ultimately, to sign a contract now.

I'm not even sure it's allowed

We literally cant even if we wanted to.

Just crown me the winner here and close this thread already. :thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1