Trying to keep excitement in check....

Billsfan1972

I remember I had turned the corner and was so up for Tennessee and KC, only to be let down.  NYJ & NE were wins, but again concern as to the coaching and reverting to old habits.  

Seattle & they played as close to perfect on offense and did exactly what I've stated over & over here.  

Now comes Arizona, another weak defensive team with a dynamic QB & offense & want to see no let down again.

I actually was very confident vs. Seattle as soon as the first drive & the obvious game plan.  Sort of zen throughout the game and little nervousness as to the outcome. 

Hope for tweaks this week, but am nervous nonetheless, as I made the mistake of getting ahead of myself (and my Bills fandom) after week 4.    

Edited by Billsfan1972

Bills and Cards are almost literally carbon copies of each other...

Both teams can score points, have dynamic QBs that are hard to defend and have attacking defenses that can make plays but also aren't that great and will give up yards and points.

Bills need to pull out their gameplan from the Ravens game last year to slow down Murray and keep him contained. Dude looks like a human joystick.

Bills may have advantage on special teams with Roberts, who ironically started his career with the Cards.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

NYJ & NE were wins, but again concern as to the coaching and reverting to old habits.  

Seattle & they played as close to perfect on offense and did exactly what I've stated over & over here. 

Glad that they've started reading your posts 😂

I think Josh is healthy again. I know many in here discount the impact that a separated shoulder has but personally I believe that Josh wasn't himself following the Raiders game. If Miami can beat this team then the Bills should be able to as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Bills and Cards are almost literally carbon copies of each other...

Both teams can score points, have dynamic QBs that are hard to defend and have attacking defenses that can make plays but also aren't that great and will give up yards and points.

Bills need to pull out their gameplan from the Ravens game last year to slow down Murray and keep him contained. Dude looks like a human joystick.

Bills may have advantage on special teams with Roberts, who ironically started his career with the Cards.

I have heard the Ravens game referenced a lot and I dont get it.  Ravens used their TEs and option game.  Cards use the WR in a spread and Murray on the scramble.  I see this closer to the Seahawks game than I do the Ravens game (I would say Texans last year more than Ravens too).  Can someone elaborate (more than Jackson and Murray are both dynamic) why the Ravens Game plan is needed here ?  

Edited by YattaOkasan

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I have heard the Ravens game referenced a lot and I dont get it.  Ravens used their TEs and option game.  Cards use the WR in a spread and Murray on the scramble.  I see this closer to the Seahawks game than I do the Ravens game (I would say Texans last year more than Ravens too).  Can someone elaborate (more than Jackson and Murray are both dynamic) why the Ravens Game plan is needed here ?  

Ravens offense and Arizona offense have very little in common outside of maybe a QB with elite speed. 

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills should win this one by 35

but it will be a moral loss, because McDermott missed that one challenge and Tremaine didn’t tackle Murray that Big play. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ravens offense and Arizona offense have very little in common outside of maybe a QB with elite speed. 

I agree.  Why does everyone keep saying get that game plan out?  Is it cause that was a really good game plan.  I thought last week we had a really good one too.

6 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I agree.  Why does everyone keep saying get that game plan out?  Is it cause that was a really good game plan.  I thought last week we had a really good one too.

dunno. It is true Murray is less dangerous contained just like Lamar in the pocket. But cards can’t run like ravens can, and Murray has shown and he’s got the talent outside to get over the top. 

I think you play him more like Seattle where they blitz a ton and try to disguise coverage if it’s true he’s not getting through his progressions... they might be able.

right now I’m trying to imagine AJKlien attempting to tackle Kyler. 🤷‍♂️ 

maybe darron lee, a 4.3 40 linebacker can help here? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

dunno. It is true Murray is less dangerous contained just like Lamar in the pocket. But cards can’t run like ravens can, and Murray has shown and he’s got the talent outside to get over the top. 

I think you play him more like Seattle where they blitz a ton and try to disguise coverage if it’s true he’s not getting through his progressions... they might be able.

right now I’m trying to imagine AJKlien attempting to tackle Kyler. 🤷‍♂️ 

100% agree.  I keep seeing posters talking about using the Ravens game plan and just dont get it.  Maybe someone will tell us why, but yeah agree totally different offenses.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Lfod said:

My advice is to enjoy the season, it hasn't always been this good. 

I know right? We wait all offseason for the show to get started. Fans should enjoy one week at a time just like the team worries about 1 week at a time. 

This is entertainment, Take the time to enjoy it instead of just rushing toward the end to ‘know’ where the team stands 

40 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I’m not one for referencing it, but I think it just us to do with edge containment. In the Baltimore game Shaq especially they would rush rather pass or run but kinda stop so not to get too deep in the backfield. This basically ruined running lanes for Lamar and kept him in the pocket which flustered him. 
Also, Murray is not that deadly in the pocket. 
They roll him out a ton so he has throwing lanes. With him being short he can only throw the deep ball from inside the pocket a lot of times because he cant see throwing lanes on shorter passes. He takes every snap from shotgun (including kneel downs to end the game) and if he’s not going deep he’ll roll out even if it’s subtle or takes a really deep drop back. 
The Baltimore game plan on the line helped with the misdirection they always use. Basically forcing the quarterbacks to always hand off and never keep it cause they couldn’t read the end very well. Murray is gonna run but imo anyways you want to keep him in the pocket as best you can. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not one for referencing it, but I think it just us to do with edge containment. In the Baltimore game Shaq especially they would rush rather pass or run but kinda stop so not to get too deep in the backfield. This basically ruined running lanes for Lamar and kept him in the pocket which flustered him. 
Also, Murray is not that deadly in the pocket. 
They roll him out a ton so he has throwing lanes. With him being short he can only throw the deep ball from inside the pocket a lot of times because he cant see throwing lanes on shorter passes. He takes every snap from shotgun (including kneel downs to end the game) and if he’s not going deep he’ll roll out even if it’s subtle or takes a really deep drop back. 
The Baltimore game plan on the line helped with the misdirection they always use. Basically forcing the quarterbacks to always hand off and never keep it cause they couldn’t read the end very well. Murray is gonna run but imo anyways you want to keep him in the pocket as best you can. 

I totally agree to keep Murray in the pocket and I think youre right that will be similar between the game plans. 

Its the personnel thats making it tough for me.  Ravens are playing with multiple TEs so we what presonnel do we put out there to generate contain (probably nickel), whereas with the Cards we might need to contain with Dime which would be pretty different.  But yes agree the need to keep both them of them in the pocket is critical (again I think the Seattle and Texans game plans would have this too).  

3 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I totally agree to keep Murray in the pocket and I think youre right that will be similar between the game plans. 

Its the personnel thats making it tough for me.  Ravens are playing with multiple TEs so we what presonnel do we put out there to generate contain (probably nickel), whereas with the Cards we might need to contain with Dime which would be pretty different.  But yes agree the need to keep both them of them in the pocket is critical (again I think the Seattle and Texans game plans would have this too).  

Yeah I’m sure the coaches have a ton of ideas for it with their personnel. I mention at least once every week id like to see more Siran Neal due to his speed and blitzing, so this is my post to mention play Siran Neal more lol. I think he had a great blitz on Wilson that didn’t land but disrupted him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Yeah I’m sure the coaches have a ton of ideas for it with their personnel. I mention at least once every week id like to see more Siran Neal due to his speed and blitzing, so this is my post to mention play Siran Neal more lol. I think he had a great blitz on Wilson that didn’t land but disrupted him. 

Great point.  I was expecting him to have more of a role this year, and have sorta forgotten about him.  Maybe if they are settling into a more blitzing/aggressive defense they will use him more.

• Like (+1) 1