Postgame Thread Bills vs. Seahawks

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had read their prediction thread last week and the one poster predicted the Bills wouldn’t even get a TD. Then another said Russ already had his one annual game quota of multiple turnovers so there was no risk of that. lol

Hindsight can be a mean B word lol,   I don't  even like predicting the score.    Nope I'm not risking any type of karmic retribution.    It is fun to go back and read though.   

Good win and everyone gets to see no matter how good a QB - you get sacked and harassed, you will much more likely turn the ball over.  

This game Allen didn't turn ball over despite 7 sacks and several runs whereas Wilson turned it over 4 times which lost them the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

My next day, game day thoughts:

1.  The injuries on the OLine are very troubling.  Can we please have the same players, play two weeks in a row?  If you told me at the beginning of the season that the OLine would be a revolving door and the Bills would still be 7-2 I would have laughed out loud.

2.  Each game, I find more reason to like Moss.  Yesterday it was his pass catching.  Kind of feel like Singletary is getting moved aside slowly but surely.

3.  Knox getting bowled over by Adams and giving up a sack was a really bad look.  On a day when balls were being completed everywhere, he was absent from the stat sheet.

4.  Klein in pass coverage or running down backs, no bueno, Klein rushing the passer, apparently bueno.

5.  Andre Roberts set the tone from the first snap.  Seattle won the coin toss and nothing else for the rest of the day.

6.  A couple of those roughing the passer calls on the Bills were suspect.  But they did the trick.  Russell Wilson is a warrior and played well, but he showed too that if you rough up a QB, the game changes.

7.  I was very impressed with the Bills keeping contain on Russell Wilson yesterday.  Four turnovers and a constant QB harassment gives me hope for the next few games.  Big fumble recoveries two games in a row.  A trend I would like to see repeated.

8.  I know the stat shows DK had 100 yards, but they for the most part kept him defended.  Add to that Lockett was essentially neutralized and even though the Bills gave up near 400 yards passing, you can say the Seahawks were contained.  What continues to frustrate me is the Bills have no answer for an opposing TE.  It's hard to tell from watching a game from TV angles only, but the game plan for DK/Lockett meant the TE was going to get loose, and he did.  I guess it was a pick your poison kind of day.

9. All the way down to nine before I mention 'Allen And The Diggs' (TM).  Great day for both.  If they had connected on that deep sideline route it would have been the play of the day.  Seems like they played all day to set up that one shot and just didn't get the receiver and the ball in the same place.  Too bad.  That was a weeks 1-4 throw that would have connected.

10. I was happy to see Brown back in action.  His absence on the field affects and effects both Davis and Diggs.  The screen to him on 3rd and forever was giddy time material.  That play had to be absolutely demoralizing to the Seahawks.

11.  And because I like prime numbers, I will add one more.  I was really rooting for Bass to make that field goal at the end of the half.  Not because I wanted more points, but because it was the perfect day and perfect spot to try that with someone who has a strong leg.  C'est La Vie.   The Bills didn't need those points.

Edited by wjag
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

6.  A couple of those roughing the passer calls on the Bills were suspect.  But they did the trick.  Russell Wilson is a warrior and played well, but he showed too that if you rough up a QB, the game changes.

Those were a little frustrating for me when they seemed to not mind Josh getting tackled by his head.

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McDermott in his presser just now said to the best of his knowledge all yesterday's injuries were "day to day"

Also this:

Nice. Pretty good against a player like DK. 

Got burned on the one play of course. Besides that, Tre had a fantastic game all around.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is he always one to shirk accountability? Didn’t he already admit he didn’t game plan  for the Bills to constantly attack his awful secondary? 

perhaps he should get some cheese for the Whine...   

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Those were a little frustrating for me when they seemed to not mind Josh getting tackled by his head.

They did call that one horsecollar for Josh

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is he always one to shirk accountability like this? Bad look. Didn’t he already admit he didn’t game plan  for the Bills to constantly attack his awful secondary? 

Well, I'm not impressed by it myself.  But then I wasn't impressed by his entire press conference.  Buffalo came in as a 6-2 team, with their 2 losses to the defending Superbowl champ and last year's AFC championship contender.  I didn't hear one word of praise for the Bills as a good team and only a few words for the QB who arguably outplayed their star - something like "he did a good job getting out and made something happen almost every time he did in the first half".

It just didn't seem as though they respected us very much.