I have a feeling - - Linebacker Darron Lee and cornerback Daryl Worley will start this week!

LB48

Well, hard to conceive of both of them dressing for the game, let alone starting. BUT,  because of  need, I do think Lee does and gets snaps.

The player I'm most curious about and interested in seeing is Del'Shawn Phillips. There is a possibility he could come off the Reserve/injury list and play this week. He is the guy we all went "Who?" when he made the roster. He received a lot of positive reviews from the coaches. They saw something in him, but injuries have kept him off the field. Time to see what he has at a position of need.

9 hours ago, LB48 said:

Our defense is terrible and the HC knows it.  I don't see a decent LB on the team - regardless of injuries.  Taron Johnson doesn't cut it in the NFL.

We are underdogs vs. the Seahawks and deservedly so.    

Get these guys in the game and learn the system.  What do we have to lose?

The game.  

9 hours ago, Augie said:

We shall see, Brees is shot and GB gets beat up by physical teams. 

Seattle is in the running, like it or not. I get it, the D is weak, but there is a half season to go. The Chiefs D was weak before they won the SB last year. Brady’s arm seems to fail later in the season.  Russell Wilson is scary. 

Time will tell. 

I'm with you on this. Seattle's D will improve with Adams and Dunlop, not as much as Pittsburgh after the Fitzpatrick acquisition, but if they stay injury free it should be enough to take the NFC West and make a deep run.  Wilson is a magician and his rapport with Metcalf and Lockett make this the best triplets in the NFL hands down especially on the deep ball.  A healthy Carson makes them really dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Let's take this a little further. 

The Chiefs have been averaging 32 ppg scored.  They've put up > 30 points in 5 of their 8 games (including the one they lost).

They scored 26 points on us, which isn't lockdown D but the point is - we held them to less than their average score.

The Chiefs have been averaging 19 ppg given up.  We did a little bit worse than that, scoring 17.  But it's not like they've been letting everyone else run wild on them but held us low.  3 of their other opponents showed fewer.

I agree, we are good, but not great.  We have had a rash of injuries to contend with.  And McDermott stresses a culture of learning and growing.

I'm kind of surprised at how many here are willing to roll over and show the Seasnakes our throats.

The only reason the chiefs didn't torch us is because they ran the ball down our throats in bad weather instead of throwing it. Had they thrown it, they would have scored faster and probably put 40 points on the board

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

Our defense is terrible and the HC knows it.  I don't see a decent LB on the team - regardless of injuries.  Taron Johnson doesn't cut it in the NFL.

We would be underdogs even if outr defense was last years model.  

Check the standings, we are 6-2.  Throwing waiver wire cast offs into the starting line up is not good for them or the team.   

Edited by Bob in STL

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

How to Lose a Locker Room in a Few Easy Steps by LB48.  Chapter 1: Pick up a couple failed players and immediately insert them into the starting lineup despite them not knowing the scheme and having no experience with the other personnel.  I can’t wait for Chapter 2. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, yes, actually.  The fact that he got slung out of NJ for a 6th rounder (when he was a 1st round pick), then basically didn't play for a LB-depleted Chiefs last fall implies that in fact, he could be worse.

There's more to playing LB than "Run Spot Run"

I’m aware. I live an hour away from Met life surrounded by Jet fans. There was a lot to the Lee thing. Also, it’s not as if the Jets never makes incorrect personnel decisions. They are the worst team in the league and nobody’s close. Lee will not be worse then Klein. He was playing out of position in NY. He wasn’t even that bad. They wanted him to be something he wasn’t. Klein isn’t athletic enough to make plays in the current nfl. You need linebackers that can run. If we put Klein out there, we are going to get embarrassed. At least Lee can run and cover a TE or a RB. He’s not going to square up in the hole with a FB and take him out but he can move around and fill passing lanes. That’s what Milano does anyway. Lee would be the smart choice to play WLB. Especially against this team. I don’t however expect to see it. I expect to see Edmunds embarrassing himself out there and Klein being a step and a half behind every play. There’s really nothing to lose here. It’s not going to be worse then it has been. 

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm kind of surprised at how many here are willing to roll over and show the Seasnakes our throats.

You have not been posting here very long have you?  

There were quite a number willing to spread their cheeks to be screwed by New England last week.

We are in the depressing phase of Bills bipolar fandom.

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

How to Lose a Locker Room in a Few Easy Steps by LB48.  Chapter 1: Pick up a couple failed players and immediately insert them into the starting lineup despite them not knowing the scheme and having no experience with the other personnel.  I can’t wait for Chapter 2. 

I think Step 2 is LB48 cashes check from other team and hopes no one checks bank account.

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:
7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

You have not been posting here very long have you?  

There were quite a number willing to spread their cheeks to be screwed by New England last week.

We are in the depressing phase of Bills bipolar fandom.

Guess not.  Only since 2008.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LB48 said:

Dumbest thread you have started which speaks volumes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Worley doesn’t know the defense and they are not simple in their approach, but you’d rather have him then a healthy Wallace who knows it all too well with a nickel to have 5 DB’s.

Lee is possible though now that he’s been practicing for around a week, and we only played 2 LB’s.

Worley played for McDermott in Carolina didnt he? He knows the defense