Joe B All-22 from Pats game

YoloinOhio

Dion Dawkins - career year ... Great to see a player get paid ... and THEN have a career year. 

taron Johnson - troublesome future signs (unsurprising)

This was interesting 

4) The Bills tease a brand new defensive look

As you can see in the image, the Bills went with a traditional 5-2 look even when the Patriots were in 11 personnel. They kicked Harrison Phillips over to nose tackle and squared him up with the center — a position he played in college at Stanford. The Bills kept Ed Oliver in his usual three-technique role between the right guard and tackle, and then moved Mario Addison from defensive end to a shade between the left guard and tackle. The Bills also used Jerry Hughes as a standup edge rusher from the left side and Edmunds at a similar position on the right side. A.J. Klein then served as the prototypical linebacker and safety Dean Marlowe shifted down. The idea behind the 5-2 is to help limit the run. It’s an approach the Bills could continue to use, except that head coach Sean McDermott is known for using formations like this as a one-off. He’ll sprinkle in different looks throughout a game to make upcoming opponents waste time preparing for it and then only use it again later in the season. If the Bills struggle to stop the run against Seattle, the Bills could go back to this look. But given the Seahawks’ penchant for passing this season, that will likely be the Bills’ focus this week.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What happened to Taron?

He's struggling in coverage.  He hesitates at the break and lets the receiver get a jump on him.   The word is kind of out so QBs can look for whatever receiver Johnson is covering and throw there.

We haven't shown a defensive counter yet.  I think they were planning to bench him for Cam Lewis but the wrist injury took care of that.

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if Siran Neal starts getting more snaps in place of Taron Johnson?

I’ve been asking this question for weeks. Where has he been? Why hasn’t he been given a shot? 
It’s frustrating to know on a passing down that Taron is going to be targeted. Teams are going at him time and time again with a lot of success and we aren’t doing anything that I’ve noticed from a personnel or schematic standpoint to help him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

I’ve been asking this question for weeks. Where has he been? Why hasn’t he been given a shot? 
It’s frustrating to know on a passing down that Taron is going to be targeted. Teams are going at him time and time again with a lot of success and we aren’t doing anything that I’ve noticed from a personnel or schematic standpoint to help him. 

Same

Also, I've wondered the same about Vosean Joseph getting cut and AJ Klein being on the team. Is there any way Vosean is worse than him? If he is.. couldn't he at least be developed into something more than AJ Klein?!

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Same

Also, I've wondered the same about Vosean Joseph getting cut and AJ Klein being on the team. Is there any way Vosean is worse than him? If he is.. couldn't he at least be developed into something more than AJ Klein?!

He’s on the street - not even on a PS anywhere. With all the injuries across the league I’m guessing there is more to the story. When he got cut, McD said something along the lines of he had something else going on... didn’t seem football related 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s on the street - not even on a PS anywhere. With all the injuries across the league I’m guessing there is more to the story. When he got cut, McD said something along the lines of he had something else going on... didn’t seem football related 

Got it, got it.. that makes sense.. I didn't see that anywhere. I was sooo high on him. I loved his game for how we run our defense.