Every New England Run Play

Jauronimo

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

What game were you watching against Baltimore?  The Bills held the Ravens to 257 yards and 24 points when they were rolling up 450-500 yards and 40 points against everyone else on a weekly basis. They held them to 118 yards rushing, one of their lowest rushing totals of the season and one of their lowest YPC of the year, at 3.6 YPC.  

We lost 24-17 to Baltimore and defensively dominated them for much of the game. In fact, we created the blueprint Tennessee used to win in the playoffs against them.

you're in the wrong neighborhood if you think things like facts and statistics have ANY place in this discussion.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Indeed.   Perhaps he needs to get lower though when he meets the linemen in the hole so he at least clogs the lane more.  He does get pushed back a bit too much.   Feels like a technique issue a bit

See that second run there.  Edmunds needs to not take on the lineman standing up.  Get down low and even falling sometimes clogs the hole rather than getting pushed backwards because you are standing too upright when engaged. 

If Kleins the will on a play, i'm running to the other side since... you don't need to even block him.  He'll take a bad angle and have no influence on the play. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

YPP viewpoint to me seems to be that we had a pretty good run D in the first half, which wore down as the game went on.

That would match up with the Pats the first half stats:

2 first downs by rushing

0 for 4 on 3rd down

44 yds rushing on 15 attempts for 2.9 YPA

this is a great point. People sort of forget that we kept the patriots in check in the first half. We also shut down Derrick Henry. 

The pats must have adjusted or we got tired or something— but I think when this team sells out to scheme against the run, they actually can stop the run. The problem is they probably can’t do that AND defend the pass well. They’re going to get gouged a bit one way or the other. 

10 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Indeed.   Perhaps he needs to get lower though when he meets the linemen in the hole so he at least clogs the lane more.  He does get pushed back a bit too much.   Feels like a technique issue a bit

See that second run there.  Edmunds needs to not take on the lineman standing up.  Get down low and even falling sometimes clogs the hole rather than getting pushed backwards because you are standing too upright when engaged. 

No doubt and I’ve said from the start he plays a little light footed in the pros but that’s his game...he’s still almost always where he needs to be. Some (not many) lbs there can blow up a pulling guard but most times you just ask them to run fit, the whole 1/11 deal

im even more convinced the scheme we run is just a bit too fragile for who we have out there.  penetration by a fast and fresh (cuz of depth) d line isn't there, and the no call holding might cook us on that.  only two LBs out there means they have to read and move with less margin of error.  milano seems like he can do that most of the time, edmunds seems paralyzed reading the play (he made some huge individual plays last year with his size and speed when he didn't have to scan like a camera all the time), klien is a straight up non starter getting starter money.  behind that, we have a bunch of tiny DBs.  they are capable players and play hard, but not the best tacklers and at times physically over matched.

i suppose w a lead this d COULD be nasty again (although hasn't been, even with a lead) but im starting to get convinced that 49 is simply out of position at MLB, and we need 3 lbs at least some of the time.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You could have just ignored me.  

You could have just ignored this thread instead of commenting that you don't care about our defensive line play, linebacker play, and New England's running scheme since we won.    You forfeit your right to have an opinion if we lose.  

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

My point stands 

We won.   

Your point is peak simple minded bull####.  Extend that logic and see where it gets you. 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No doubt and I’ve said from the start he plays a little light footed in the pros but that’s his game...he’s still almost always where he needs to be. Some (not many) lbs there can blow up a pulling guard but most times you just ask them to run fit, the whole 1/11 deal

Agree...just think he could be a little more affective with some better leverage. 

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You could have just ignored this thread instead of commenting that you don't care about our defensive line play, linebacker play, and New England's running scheme since we won.    You forfeit your right to have an opinion if we lose.  

Your point is peak simple minded bull####.  Extend that logic and see where it gets you. 

Real Class there.  

But we didn't lose.   

7 minutes ago, colin said:

im even more convinced the scheme we run is just a bit too fragile for who we have out there.  penetration by a fast and fresh (cuz of depth) d line isn't there, and the no call holding might cook us on that.  only two LBs out there means they have to read and move with less margin of error.  milano seems like he can do that most of the time, edmunds seems paralyzed reading the play (he made some huge individual plays last year with his size and speed when he didn't have to scan like a camera all the time), klien is a straight up non starter getting starter money.  behind that, we have a bunch of tiny DBs.  they are capable players and play hard, but not the best tacklers and at times physically over matched.

i suppose w a lead this d COULD be nasty again (although hasn't been, even with a lead) but im starting to get convinced that 49 is simply out of position at MLB, and we need 3 lbs at least some of the time.

I think Edmunds is trying too hard because he knows his DLine isn't going to be able to keep him clean so he is trying to figure out how to get away from the blockers and/or trying to figure out the best way to attack things.

The scheme literally requires everyone to be doing their job properly to work the way it is intended. Nobody really knew Star doing what he does had that big of an impact on things in the 2nd and 3rd levels and how much it hurts their ability to get to the ball when he is not in there to keep them clean.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

I think Edmunds is trying too hard because he knows his DLine isn't going to be able to keep him clean so he is trying to figure out how to get away from the blockers and/or trying to figure out the best way to attack things.

The scheme literally requires everyone to be doing their job properly to work the way it is intended. Nobody really knew Star doing what he does had that big of an impact on things in the 2nd and 3rd levels and how much it hurts their ability to get to the ball when he is not in there to keep them clean.  

i dont' disagree, but we only ever have 2 LBs out there, and we have like no one healthy who can play the position.

i suppose a healthy milano and edmunds can change that, but i don't see it thus far.  the entire d line not being effective is the biggest issue.  we made mistakes bringing in who we did vs who we let go (shoulda grabbed clown and kept shak, cut murph, brought in a real 1 tech and maybe even kept phillips, i dunno).  most money in the nfl on the d line and no pass rush or run stuffing.  you hate to see it.

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Real Class there.  

But we didn't lose.   

You’re not making any sense.    Grab a tall glass of ice water. 

Other people are allowed to start threads here too, you don’t have to act like this.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Real Class there.  

But we didn't lose.   

Real irony there.  A guy who made a public spectacle in the shoutbox about adding me to his ignore list can't help but respond and suggests in turn that I ignore his simple minded, non-contributions to a thread.  

No one said we lost. 

3 minutes ago, colin said:

i dont' disagree, but we only ever have 2 LBs out there, and we have like no one healthy who can play the position.

i suppose a healthy milano and edmunds can change that, but i don't see it thus far.  the entire d line not being effective is the biggest issue.  we made mistakes bringing in who we did vs who we let go (shoulda grabbed clown and kept shak, cut murph, brought in a real 1 tech and maybe even kept phillips, i dunno).  most money in the nfl on the d line and no pass rush or run stuffing.  you hate to see it.

Well...I wouldn't say none but it is inconsistent at best. There are times and even full games they do very well against the run. Raiders and Titans game come to mind.  First half of the Pats game even.

There are times they get a pass rush. Raiders and Jets games come to mind. 

But there are far too many times when these things don't happen.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Josh Allen's game was far from perfect...the INT on a miscommunication between him and Diggs...the dropped pass to Davis in the EZ...a few more I can't think of right now, some missed opportunities.

And yet, we won.

I agree, that's why I think it's a good blue print unfortunately. Patriots aren't a great team and we could have easily lost. But I've mentioned this in previous posts, the Bills did what NE did to us for the past 20 years.. we let the other team 'lose' the game and didn't lose it ourselves.

14 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

So if I see one more person suggest that Edmunds is either unwilling or unable to take on an OLmen and shed, am I now free to slam my head into a wall out of frustration?

Make sure you’re wife videos it.  Just kidding.  Sal mentioned the other morning as well as the other morning guys not having a 1 technique Star type player is affecting more then expected Edmunds play.  It makes sense to me and in the Frazier interview, he eluded to the same.  It’s not an excuse, just more evidence this defense is reliant on each member playing a certain role.

22 hours ago, Jobot said:

The blueprint to beat the Bills is run the ball and force Josh Allen to play a perfect game. It's a very good game plan if you don't make mistakes (Newton fumble)

If the Bills had lost the game, it wouldn't have been because of Josh Allen.   The failure would have been on that defense to stop a putrid Offense that has street undrafted FA as their starting WRs

• Like (+1) 1