NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the deadline coming tomorrow this is a nice read on some of the potential players up for a Move.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2045311

Outside that something I started hearing down here in FL is a rumor of Bills and Jags talking about DJ Hayden, CB.

Also Heard Bills Connected to Giants (Engram), Texans (Mercilus) and Bengals (Adkins) from my little bird.

I'd love to get Adkins. Actually either of those 3 names you listed would be great. IMO I'd hope they go LB or DT if a trade happens.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I see.

I'm not interested in Engram. Going for another Tight End is far less important than going for defense.

Pursuing Atkins & Mercilus makes a lot more sense. Won't be easy, but they have to try.

I think they are looking at the Offense and Saying, crap we need that TE that will threaten these Cover 2 looks we are getting now (I think they Hoped Knox would do that but seems he is not).  I can also say the Birdie did tell me that TB is interested in Knox as well.

OOO Also the Birdie told me that the Bills have no intention of moving their 1st or 2nd round picks.  Said all other picks are assets they will use in a trade, feeling is those later picks will have a hard time making next years football team anyway.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

King would take Tarons spot not Levi. He’s an elite slot corner, not sure he’s played outside as much although he can in a pinch. 

Don’t they play him all around the secondary, including safety? I know he’s not overly big, but can he play a Tyrann type game, where he can match up, but also drop deep? I don’t follow the Chargers closely enough...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Codyny13 said:

Don’t they play him all around the secondary, including safety? I know he’s not overly big, but can he play a Tyrann type game, where he can match up, but also drop deep? I don’t follow the Chargers closely enough...

When Derwin went down I think they tried him at safety. He’s been a healthy scratch and only started 2-3 games so that should tell a little about his story there. In 2018 he was probably the best slot corner in the league. He would be a massive upgrade over Taron in coverage and in blitzing 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think they are looking at the Offense and Saying, crap we need that TE that will threaten these Cover 2 looks we are getting now (I think they Hoped Knox would do that but seems he is not).  I can also say the Birdie did tell me that TB is interested in Knox as well.

OOO Also the Birdie told me that the Bills have no intention of moving their 1st or 2nd round picks.  Said all other picks are assets they will use in a trade, feeling is those later picks will have a hard time making next years football team anyway.

Yeah, that makes sense. Which will make trading more difficult. Beane will have to get very creative.

I see your point about the Tight End position, although I still think Knox can be valuable to us. If you listen to some people on this board you'd think that Knox has never caught a pass in his life.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Which will make trading more difficult. Beane will have to get very creative.

I see your point about the Tight End position, although I still think Knox can be valuable to us. If you listen to some people on this board you'd think that Knox has never caught a pass in his life.

I dont think Kroft is anything more than that typical TE2.  I also think Knox while flashes is still to inconsistent to be counted on.  If you can get a Njoku for a third I would be all over it.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think Kroft is anything more than that typical TE2.  I also think Knox while flashes is still to inconsistent to be counted on.  If you can get a Njoku for a third I would be all over it.

What specifically is it about Njoku that you like? 

I’ve got a lot of friends who are Cleveland fans and they say he has a worse case of drops than Knox. 

51 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

King would take Tarons spot not Levi. He’s an elite slot corner, not sure he’s played outside as much although he can in a pinch. 

Agree, King got moved outside a couple years ago and was not effective.

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

What specifically is it about Njoku that you like? 

I’ve got a lot of friends who are Cleveland fans and they say he has a worse case of drops than Knox. 

Speed - True Cover 2 Beater

Body Control, with a Huge Catch Radius.

Has a total of 8 drops in his career, Knox had 10 in 2019.

Once again Knox in a double digit drop%

Too fast to cover with a LBer.

Too Big for Safeties and DBs your prototypical matchup nightmare

Has great ball tracking ability.  Comes from TE U.  

Routes are great. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Speed - True Cover 2 Beater

Body Control, with a Huge Catch Radius.

Has a total of 8 drops in his career, Knox had 10 in 2019.

Once again Knox in a double digit drop%

Too fast to cover with a LBer.

Too Big for Safeties and DBs your prototypical matchup nightmare

Has great ball tracking ability.  Comes from TE U.  

Routes are great. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/david-njoku-needs-to-drop-fewer-passes-and-te-coach-drew-petzing-is-working-on-it.html%3foutputType=amp

I should have included what they sent me to illustrate their points. It looks like your drop numbers are off... that 8 drops numbers he had was from one season. 

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

@MAJBobby where are you and your little birdy friend on TEs; Engram or Njoku? Which one is more preferred? Would cost be that much different? 

He never mentioned Njoku, that is me, that would be the TE I would want over Engram.  The Birdy mentioned only Engram to me (and that might have to do with cost.)

Engram has years left on Contract 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/evan-engram-21764/

Njoku Does as well 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/david-njoku-21770/

So I guess it comes to compensation they likely think that Engram is cheaper compensation wise than Njoku would be.  Also could be the thinking that Njoku (even though he said he wants to be moved) isnt going to be moved off a team trying to get to the playoffs who has injuries at both the WR and TE positions

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I assume your birdie is OK with you sharing this info?  Or do they not know?  Nice inside pipeline you have there!!  Thanks for Sharing! 👍

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/david-njoku-needs-to-drop-fewer-passes-and-te-coach-drew-petzing-is-working-on-it.html%3foutputType=amp

I should have included what they sent me to illustrate their points. It looks like your drop numbers are off... that 8 drops numbers he had was from one season. 

You included One Drop thanks.  Shall I go post the same drops from Knox 

Just now, Kwai San said:

I assume your birdie is OK with you sharing this info?  Or do they not know?  Nice inside pipeline you have there!!  Thanks for Sharing! 👍

Yep

I dont put out info unless I am told I am ok to do it.  There is one I am holding back I wish I could tell everyone because it would be pertinent when talking some of the positions that are being looked at but was told that one is only close hold.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep

I dont put out info unless I am told I am ok to do it.  There is one I am holding back I wish I could tell everyone because it would be pertinent when talking some of the positions that are being looked at but was told that one is only close hold.

Dang!!!  I gotta believe THAT one is a zinger.....hopefully they can swing it!  Thanks again....