This will be our finest hour!

oldmanfan

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Stripes, I believe...spoken by Warren Oates as Sergeant Hulka.

Oh, my God, yes. I learned who Warren Oates was and came to venerate him as an acting god well after I saw and loved Stripes.

Till this moment I didn't realize that Hulk was Oates. Holy cow, you blew my mind!

Who's this?

"And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!"

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, my God, yes. I learned who Warren Oates was and came to venerate him as an acting god well after I saw and loved Stripes.

Till this moment I didn't realize that Hulk was Oates. Holy cow, you blew my mind!

Who's this?

"And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!"

That would be Bill Murray as Tripper in the movie Meatballs.

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Almost all the TEs out.   DBs dropping like flies.  Smoke is smoked.  LBs still hurt.  Plenty of excuses to cave in.

But did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!   Darnold?  He’s a dead man!  Gase?  Dead!  Greggy and the rest of the Jets youth?  Dead!

“Germans, Pearl Harbor.  Don’t stop him he’s rolling.”  Great movie when I was in a Fraternity in college.  It was a must.  One of my buddies when we had a toga party would put mustard on his toga like Bluto.  He actually looked a little like him and had the same frame.

Almost all the TEs out.   DBs dropping like flies.  Smoke is smoked.  LBs still hurt.  Plenty of excuses to cave in.

But did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no!   Darnold?  He’s a dead man!  Gase?  Dead!  Greggy and the rest of the Jets youth?  Dead!

Sorry to disappoint, Winston. But nothing here comes close to the Blitzkrieg Battle of Britain. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Bring back Kloppenstein!!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Figster said:

Before your time I see...

11 hours ago, Billznut said:

Before a quite a few people’s time apparently based on the responses. Kinda sad 

Either the Animal House reference is from before a lot of people's time, or Figster and Billznut aren't nearly as familiar with the reference dialogue as they think they are.

😂

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Who's this?

Maybe we can get Wudy the Wabbit lined up at WR!

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Either the Animal House reference is from before a lot of people's time, or Figster and Billznut aren't nearly as familiar with the reference dialogue as they think they are.

😂

Guilty as charged.

A needed a reminder...

21 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm still holding out hope for a Josh Allen-led 4th quarter comeback to upset the juggernaut Jets.