Playoff Leverage Chart Week 8 (20% this wk) is on Page 2.

MAJBobby

Glad these are back.  Tells just how important the games are for the teams playoff Chances.  The Jets Game is a pretty big game at 19% leverage.  Third highest in the AFC.  As well all know this is a Must win because it is the lowly Jets, but also can increase playoff % by almost 20% also with a win.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Winning the AFCE is obviously the primary goal, but frankly I don't see how they end up with a home playoff game unless the Defense somehow dramatically turns around and the Bills start beating the good teams left on the schedule.  I think losing to the Titans and KC killed their chances at a home game.

Hopefully I'm wrong....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Blainorama5 said:

Winning the AFCE is obviously the primary goal, but frankly I don't see how they end up with a home playoff game unless the Defense somehow dramatically turns around and the Bills start beating the good teams left on the schedule.  I think losing to the Titans and KC killed their chances at a home game.

Hopefully I'm wrong....

Winning our division would automatically get us one home playoff game.  To do that we have to take care of business against teams like the Jest.  

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Hopefully I'm wrong....

Huh? So you think NE or Miami will win the division?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Winning our division would automatically get us one home playoff game.  To do that we have to take care of business against teams like the Jest.  

And New England.  If things keep going as they have been going, NE is going to need to beat us twice most likely.

Those are 2 game swings x 2.  

The division battle is going to ride on those NE games, and now that Cam is back, and the coaching of both teams being what it is, I think both games will be enormously difficult wins, if they are wins at all.

• Like (+1) 1

these next four games are the season, and after that we have the bye.  really, the next two games are the season.  4-0 in the division and 6-2 means we can drop every hard game and still control the division.  

our o line must get not terrible in run blocking, but based on mongo coming back i think that's pretty reasonable, dabol has to unplug his head from his butt and figure out some stuff too.

we need to be healthier in the back 7, but honesty it more or less comes down to the coaches fixing the d line.  maybe trade like the ravens did for a solid player.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

And New England.  If things keep going as they have been going, NE is going to need to beat us twice most likely.

The division battle is going to ride on those NE games, and now that Cam is back, and the coaching of both teams being what it is, I think both games will be enormously difficult wins, if they are wins at all.

IDK, man.  Did you watch the NE v Den game?  Nothing is a given, especially when the Pats are concerned, but they looked bad against a bad team.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

IDK, man.  Did you watch the NE v Den game?  Nothing is a given, especially when the Pats are concerned, but they looked bad against a bad team.

They also gave Seattle everything they could handle and almost won in Seattle.

I have enormous respect for BB and will count those guys out when they are dead, chopped up, on fire, and buried.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Even if they win they’re less than 50% to make the playoffs according to that chart.  Seems odd to me.

Because it is an NFC team, so the ONLY impact is has is on the Overall Record.  Where as the Bills Jets is almost as much leverage 19%-20% because of the impact on Bills Jets with the other tiebreakers other than Overall Record.

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Totally agree. And the Phish aren’t pushovers either.  They are 3-3 and only one game behind us.  They are on their bye, thus the 0% leverage for them this week.  And who knows how Tua plays?  He was an excellent QB prospect other than the impact of his terrible injury and general injury risk moving forward.  If healthy I think he’ll be good.  The division isn’t the cake walk it looked like it might have been. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

Hopefully I'm wrong....

No we def get a home game with the division crown; the big difference from pre-covid is that there is only one team who gets a 1st round bye this year per conference... 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-approve-playoff-expansion-for-2020-season-adding-one-team-per-conference/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Denver’s defense handled Cam and the Pats’ offense... ours can too!!! (Although, there is zero doubt in my mind that New England will be more motivated for their game against Buffalo than they were for the Broncos last week)

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Totally agree. And the Phish aren’t pushovers either.  They are 3-3 and only one game behind us.  They are on their bye, thus the 0% leverage for them this week.  And who knows how Tua plays?  He was an excellent QB prospect other than the impact of his terrible injury and general injury risk moving forward.  If healthy I think he’ll be good.  The division isn’t the cake walk it looked like it might have been. 

The chance Tua plays as good as Fitz is like 5% , if Fitz was still QB I would agree they'd worry me a little. Next year they'll be a problem.

We're up 1.5 games because we beat them also . 

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Things have been going awful for NE lately? Key guys on Covid list , just lost to a bad Broncos team and have a tough 49er team upcoming.  

We'll see how they rebound but they just lack talent and depth. I'm really not worried about them. Mia concerned me before the Tua announcement 

2 hours ago, ogham26 said:

a bills and 49ers win this weekend would be massive.  would give us some wiggle room if we lose to the patriots the following week.

not  really

all the games even out at the end. we will most likely have the same amount of losses as NE and the tiebreaker will come down to the divisional games.