Did the Bills screw up their turf?

We heard McDermott say they added more rubber gravel to the Bills Stadium turf to help with footing. But watching Allen on a sweep he looked like he had to slow way down to get around a corner, like he was worried he would slip. Anyone else notice that?

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We heard McDermott say they added more rubber gravel to the Bills Stadium turf to help with footing. But watching Allen on a sweep he looked like he had to slow way down to get around a corner, like he was worried he would slip. Anyone else notice that?

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Seemed fine. I did notice Poyer slipped when he tried coming back for a tackle, but it was also rainy and wet on the field.

It was really slick at the beginning of the game.  

Then it seemed to improved.  

By then everyone was soaked. 

5 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Wasn't KC playing on the same field?

Yes, but KCs OL can open lanes for the running game.  Ours can only open a pea sized hole that humans can’t squeeze through.  It’s obviously more challenging to throw the ball in those conditions, right?  When one team can’t run the ball, the D just keys on the pass and, in those conditions, makes it even more difficult.

I feel that inability to run the ball will be a bigger problem than our inability to stop the run come the playoffs.  When you are completely one dimensional on O, making a playoff run is near impossible.  There is likely one DC that can figure out a way to slow you down that one dimension enough to knock you out.  

I’m praying that, Feliciano can come back

and be a difference maker in the run game.  Ford might be out which means Spain likely back in at LG.  That’s the same interior we had last year.  While they weren’t great run blocking last year, they were certainly better last year according to me eyes.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, but KCs OL can open lanes for the running game.  Ours can only open a pea sized hole that humans can’t squeeze through.  It’s obviously more challenging to throw the ball in those conditions, right?  When one team can’t run the ball, the D just keys on the pass and, in those conditions, makes it even more difficult.

I feel that inability to run the ball will be a bigger problem than our inability to stop the run come the playoffs.  When you are completely one dimensional on O, making a playoff run is near impossible.  There is likely one DC that can figure out a way to slow you down that one dimension enough to knock you out.  

and be a difference maker in the run game.  Ford might be out which means Spain likely back in at LG.  That’s the same interior we had last year.  While they weren’t great run blocking last year, they were certainly better last year according to me eyes.  

With a healthy Spain & Feliciano you will immediately have a decent OL to run block. Singletary's 40 yard games may reach 80? Still like to see more Yeldon but I guess that's never happening. 

2 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Slightly off topic: I personally love element games, but the Bills are better suited for a dome. Just build a damn dome already. 

I don’t want to build a dome.  I love our stadium, but I agree, our team isn’t suited for the elements with this OL and run game.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Maybe we need a pea size running back then.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

With a healthy Spain & Feliciano you will immediately have a decent OL to run block. Singletary's 40 yard games may reach 80? Still like to see more Yeldon but I guess that's never happening. 

Spain is soft and a bad run blocker.  He’s big, but doesn’t play big 

Edited by NewEra