For everyone freaking out about the D last night

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Don't get me wrong the defense is not what it has been and it was ugly viewing but it got almost no help from the offense last night. 

The other understated moment is when the D did force a turnover and the O got in position to steal 3 points before the half—cannot miss that kick. Make it, and it’s a one score game with a minute left...can’t tell me the O approaches that final drive the same way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

We gave up 26 points to the Chiefs.  The only team to give up fewer this year has been the Chargers (who gave up 23 and lost) - the Patriots also allowed 26 (and lost by more than we did.) 

Going into this game I thought our recipe for winning against the Chiefs would be holding them to under 30 and scoring more than that.  Were you all really anticipating holding them to much less?

Our Ddefense is trash,  our offense had the ball a total of about 6 mins in the second half because the defense could not stop KC'S run.  As we have seen in all games so far our defense has been hard to watch ,  they cannot make plays or get off the field.  Usually  you come in with a gameplan to run the ball and keep the high scoring offence off the field,  our gameplan seem to be to let KC'S offense run the ball and keep them from making big plays while they themselves eat clock. 

The fact is our defense has no play makers and that will no change until next season,  they are what they are.  Only way to win this season is for our offence to be playing lights out and mistake free football.

I will just enjoy the wins and not expect too much because you cannot win in the playoffs with such a terrible defensive team.  Looking ahead Beanne can always cut guys away and start signing some real defensive play makers next season offseason.  As much as everyone wants to blame Frazier,  you really have to look at the medicore talent level he has to work with.  Just look at the tape and amount of missed tackles or DE rushing straight up field,  the one play where Mahomes goes backwards being chased by 2-3 Bills and still manages to go forward to come within inches of at first down when he should have been wrapped and KC kicking a FG.

At this point, Frazier is best off focusing the majority of his practices on tackling or ripping at the football,  their not going to stop anyone so you might as well just go all out for creating turnovers.

Bills played well with who they have on field. Let's not overlook that we do not need to win every game here. We have to get healthy and beat the pats two weeks from now and take a strangle hold on division. Once we beat the jets and pats we will be 6-2 at the turn. Everyone on this board would have signed up for that result pre-season. Now we need to take care of these two divisional opponents and keep improving for the playoffs. It's better to be the hunter!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I'm not expecting flawless play from the offense.  They needed some first downs.  Josh passed for 120 yards and 50% accuracy.  There's not a team in the league that will beat the Chiefs with that from their QB.  

The defense gave up a 3rd-and-12 and a 3rd-and-7 on the last drive.  Maybe Allen wouldn't have pulled it out, but Joe Montana in his prime can't win if the defense can't make a stop to give him the ball.

The first 4 games It felt like the offense was playing down hill. Last night, right from the outset, we were back on our heels. KC blitzed and got pressure and still managed to get decent coverage and had guys moving forward on screens and short stuff. That combined with a defense game plan aimed at "picking your poison" led to death from a thousand cuts.

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

yup, the d slowed the chiefs offense down enough. they sold out stopping the big play offense and gave up the run.  our offense just couldn't get one more score or even keep drives going longer. 

The offense had 9 possessions to score more than 26 points.

Punt on 3 of those of those which is roughly average. 

6 Possessions to score more than 26

Just now, thebandit27 said:

The other understated moment is when the D did force a turnover and the O got in position to steal 3 points before the half—cannot miss that kick. Make it, and it’s a one score game with a minute left...can’t tell me the O approaches that final drive the same way.

A defense we all know is struggling stopped one of the best QBs on the planet 3 of his first 6 drives. But the Bills offense in that period mustered 10 points. Can't win that way. 

Sure, it would have been nice to get that fumble, and it would have been nice if we had made that 50+ yard FG in the rain.  But if you want the play that sealed it, here you go:

3 & 12 - KC 33

(4:24 - 4th) P.Mahomes pass deep right to B.Pringle to BUF 30 for 37 yards (M.Hyde).

Prime opportunity to force a punt and give the ball back to your offense.  Instead you let the Chiefs not only convert but get right into FG range.  This was the play that ended the game, and there wasn't a single offensive player that anything to do with it.

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The first 4 games It felt like the offense was playing down hill. Last night, right from the outset, we were back on our heels. KC blitzed and got pressure and still managed to get decent coverage and had guys moving forward on screens and short stuff. That combined with a defense game plan aimed at "picking your poison" led to death from a thousand cuts.

The 3rd down blitzing will continue, until we can scheme up something to prevent it.  I thought we did a nice job picking them up honestly.

It was the 1st and 2nd downs that were killing this team in the 2nd half.  They're sitting back in coverage - 5 DBs, soft zone.  And we can't get more than a yard or 2 on first downs rushing.  That's a serious problem.  I know KC is beastly up front on defense, but cmon.

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Mahomes could have thrown for 400 yards if he wanted to lol 

he barely missed a pass. While on the other side Allen looked like a Juco kid from Wyoming 

Just no. Brutal analysis. Brutal.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

A defense we all know is struggling stopped one of the best QBs on the planet 3 of his first 6 drives. But the Bills offense in that period mustered 10 points. Can't win that way. 

Yup. Can’t miss FGs. Can’t miss open guys. Can’t drop easy throws. Can’t miss blocks routinely. Death by 1,000 cuts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Sure, it would have been nice to get that fumble, and it would have been nice if we had made that 50+ yard FG in the rain.  But if you want the play that sealed it, here you go:

Prime opportunity to force a punt and give the ball back to your offense.  Instead you let the Chiefs not only convert but get right into FG range.  This was the play that ended the game, and there wasn't a single offensive player that anything to do with it.

After the previous drive it almost felt like... if they got that stop - KC was going to have to scramble to salvage the game.  

I don’t see the Jests as a huge game.  We need to have on the bench Edmunds, White, Milano, and Brown.  They can be active, but emergencies.  We need to beat the 0-6 Jests without them, and have them really healthy for the Pats and Hawks.  We can be 5-2 without them, but have them n their game to at least be 7-3 after those two teams.  My hope as always is we are 8-2.  The Hawks are scary on offense.  The Pats are going to try and run it down our throat. Expect it.  Michel is on IR which doesn’t help them.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Yup. Can’t miss FGs. Can’t miss open guys. Can’t drop easy throws. Can’t miss blocks routinely. Death by 1,000 cuts.

and can't take 4.7 seconds to hit the hole. Watching CEH after watching our guys was like someone had hit the fast forward button on a 1994 VCR.

Just now, dneveu said:

After the previous drive it almost felt like... if they got that stop - KC was going to have to scramble to salvage the game.  

If we'd gotten the fumble, I bet we score and take the lead. However, I have no confidence that KC doesn't come right down the field and get at LEAST a FG to retake the lead. This game was a an anomaly in being we had a chance.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

and can't take 4.7 seconds to hit the hole. Watching CEH after watching our guys was like someone had hit the fast forward button on a 1994 VCR.

Moss not only looked slow, but tentative hitting the hole. He's supposed to be a power guy, so far he's not that.

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

for me the biggest letdown from the offense was the bills D coming right out at the half and forcing a punt and then the offense proceeded to go three and out. A drive that ended with Allen missing a routine 5 yd throw to beasley where he had room to run in front of him. up to that point the D had allowed 13 pts into the midway point of the 3rd quarter. I'm not sure how long people thought they were expected to hold down the Chiefs....

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t see the Jests as a huge game.  We need to have on the bench Edmunds, White, Milano, and Brown.  They can be active, but emergencies.  We need to beat the 0-6 Jests without them, and have them really healthy for the Pats and Hawks.  We can be 5-2 without them, but have them n their game to at least be 7-3 after those two teams.  My hope as always is we are 8-2.  The Hawks are scary on offense.  The Pats are going to try and run it down our throat. Expect it.  Michel is on IR which doesn’t help them.

The gameplan against the Pats will be more of the Titans / Raiders plan of don't let Jacobs or Henry beat you. It worked when LV was throwing to Aghlor and Jones. It worked less when Tanny was throwing to AJ Brown and that tight end. I'm not sure the Pats have the weapons to beat us.

I had us 4-0. I had us 4-2. I have us 6-2. I still believe we will be. The first game where I feel less good about my pre-season call is the Seahawks who I had us beating. I thought they were going to be an 8 or 9 win team. I undervalued what having Russ still does for them.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If we'd gotten the fumble, I bet we score and take the lead. However, I have no confidence that KC doesn't come right down the field and get at LEAST a FG to retake the lead. This game was a an anomaly in being we had a chance.

yeah.  It reminded me of the browns game last year (more frustrating, but similar failures - run D, 3rd down, kicking etc).  So I was expecting that result.  We drive down score, get happy - then they immediately carve up the defense and take the lead.  I believe hauschka missed a FG at the end of that one too.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Just no. Brutal analysis. Brutal.

Mahomes absolute could have. He averaged just under 9 yards per completion. which is above his career average.

80% completion rate for 225 yards, without trying.