McBean

Sean McDermott-Overrated

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We just lost to the 2 AFC Championship teams.  

I know it was at home with all our fa.....my bad.  Nevermind.  

We need Felciano and Spain back up front.  Ike was fine.  

Do Feliciano and Spain play defense?  Didn't think so

Something is off with this team. For some reason they are not playing with heart and togetherness. I dont know what happened during that extra time they had before the TITANS game but something is up besides the X's and O's 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Something is off with this team. For some reason they are not playing with heart and togetherness. I dont know what happened during that extra time they had before the TITANS game but something is up besides the X's and O's 

Did the covid outbreak in Tennessee make guys second guess about wanting to play the season out, it's like they are just going through the motions out there the last two games. Even when Diggs scored the touchdown to take the lead no one came over fired up and even Diggs looked like he could care less.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You play who is in front of you. Put 2017 aside and focus on 2019. We were 8-3 late in the season. 

To a previous poster's point, he's been darn lucky playing easier schedules.  In fact, last year Buffalo managed to play the 3rd easiest schedule and outscored opponents by 55 points.  

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

He doesn’t have any top “process” vets. Maybe Tre, Poyer, Hyde? But those other “process” vets he leaned on heavily like Kyle, Lawson, Hughes, etc. he inherited 

As we’ve  turned over the previous regimes talent on the defensive side of the ball it is not looking pretty. 

Milano can’t stay healthy.Edmunds is always behind the play. DL is very bad. CB2 has been an area of concern since Vontae Davis quit at half time in 2018. 

I look to the guys the have been paid as the "process" vets.  Dawkins, Tre, Poyer, and Hyde among others.  The first 2 are homegrown and got major contract extensions.  Hyde is a veterans of 7 seasons and so is Poyer, who also just signed an extension.  Or, what about Morse, who received one of the largest contracts for a center in NFL history?  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Did the covid outbreak in Tennessee make guys second guess about wanting to play the season out, it's like they are just going through the motions out there the last two games. Even when Diggs scored the touchdown to take the lead no one came over fired up and even Diggs looked like he could care less.

I noticed this as well.

1 minute ago, McBean said:

I noticed this as well.

If that is the case no amount of coaching will get this right, I'm hoping players didn't check out mentally because if they did it's a wrap.

11 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

I know it was weird that Tre White injury came out of the blue but more importantly he was NOT on the field with the rest of his teammates and canceled his scheduled interview that day. Its like all of sudden the team seem like it doesnt care for one another. I think from a team chemistry standpoint they should have paid Shaq or Jordan

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think so.  I think this team needs to work on the mental aspect and regroup.  People are acting like we just lost to the Jets and Falcons.  I think we as fans may have got ahead of ourselves.  Did they know Star and Gaines were gonna opt out.  They obvious felt they needed to improve on the DL and at CB.  Maybe it is time to call Lorax.  I see no disciplined leadership on the D.  Power was even an ***hat tonight.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I don't think so.  I think this team needs to work on the mental aspect and regroup.  People are acting like we just lost to the Jets and Falcons.  I think we as fans may have got ahead of ourselves.  Did they know Star and Gaines were gonna opt out.  They obvious felt they needed to improve on the DL and at CB.  Maybe it is time to call Lorax.  I see no disciplined leadership on the D.  Power was even an ***hat tonight.

BB will pants McDermott again in a couple weeks... just hope Josh can rebound and start to play well again. 

• Like (+1) 1

McD threw two DL regulars under the bus to show it can be done as well with players of no notoriety.

He was wrong. Good Luck with commanding respect in the locker room with that stunt.

16 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

The league jerked the entire team around and handed almost no discipline to a team that didn't take COVID seriously.  That game should have never been played.  The Titans started preparing for the Bills as soon as the Pitt game was rescheduled.  They practiced in secret.  The only team that carried any extra burden was the Bills.

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

McD threw two DL regulars under the bus to show it can be done as well with players of no notoriety.

He was wrong. Good Luck with commanding respect in the locker room with that stunt.

Those DL regulars sucked ass and hopefully this lit a fire under them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

BB will pants McDermott again in a couple weeks... just hope Josh can rebound and start to play well again. 

He already got pantsed by Vrabel and Reid. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Those DL regulars sucked ass and hopefully this lit a fire under them. 

That they sucked more without them is the message.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

The league jerked the entire team around and handed almost no discipline to a team that didn't take COVID seriously.  That game should have never been played.  The Titans started preparing for the Bills as soon as the Pitt game was rescheduled.  They practiced in secret.  The only team that carried any extra burden was the Bills.

I get that, so the mentality should be were pissed so let's take it out on our opponents, not give the finger to the league and seem like you screwed us so we don't care if we win or lose.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

That they sucked more without them is the message.

Debatable. 

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

I get that, so the mentality should be were pissed so let's take it out on our opponents, not give the finger to the league and seem like you screwed us so we don't care if we win or lose.

Either play or don't.  You still have to have self respect.  

I think if the players told the league they weren't going to play regardless of the leagues intentions then it's case closed.  The NFL already has half the country pissed.  They be done if they pissed off the other half.

Probably said already—The last 2 weeks have highlighted that the D is the problem. When the O can’t score 25 we lose. The O of the first 4 games was not sustainable for whatever reason, but they have competed the last 2 weeks and can score points when required. The D cannot make a stop, get a turnover, do anything when required.

Although the team has not been prepared, been out coached, and played poorly the last 2 weeks, the losses have been to 2 very good playoff caliber teams. So there’s a bit of a silver lining.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Either play or don't.  You still have to have self respect.  

I think if the players told the league they weren't going to play regardless of the leagues intentions then it's case closed.  The NFL already has half the country pissed.  They be done if they pissed off the other half.

And that's the maddening part having that self respect. I know we don't see the sidelines during the game much but when we do it's just a bunch of guys standing around watching, no group of players in a circle talking it out or coaches getting with certain positions groups. It's like they are there physically but not mentally.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, McBean said:

You can't name me one signature win in 4 years.

He hasn't beaten the Pats, sucked on primetime, and only beat the Steelers because the QB was named "Duck."

The Tennessee Titans have adopted their coaches attitude: Tough, resilient, aggressive, and don't back down from ANYBODY.

Our Bills have adopted their HC attitude: Timid, soft, and conservative with no aggression.

Sean McDermott was supposed to be a defensive guru yet, his defense is the worst I've seen in years.

A couple of other things:

1. The fake snap count to draw opposing team Offside DOESN'T WORK. It's soft. It's conservative. It's stupid. We let them rest for 5 minutes to just completely blow up the next play then proceeded to punt. That cost us huge.   They need to bring back EJ Manuel for this to work.