Tailgating at Bills game in Vegas

LB48

You can tailgate and watch the game on large video screens in Vegas - -for $400.00. Would this fly in Buffalo???

The Raiders sent an email to season ticket holders late Tuesday advertising the Tailgate Zone at Allegiant Stadium, where fans in vehicles with five or fewer occupants can park in a stadium lot and watch the team’s game Sunday.

Fans will watch the action on a large LED screen and a stage will be constructed where Raiders special appearances and performances are planned.

Options range from $400 for the Tailgate Ticket package to $500 for the VIP package, with both including food and beverage. Fans are also allowed to bring additional food and beverages from home, including alcohol, which isn’t served at the event.  (Per Fox News)

Edited by LB48

Wow, what a joke, 400-500 and no booze.  Bwhahaha!!  

I’ll be at Moondoggies!!!  For those that will be in Vegas for the game, fyi, Moondoggies has a capacity of 35 at the moment. The likelihood of getting a seat there in sunday is pretty much nil. It’s not the normal Moondoggies shenanigans this year as they don’t have the Sunday ticket due too the reduced capacity.  The game is on local tv, so they’ll have the game this week

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll be at Moondoggies!!!  For those that will be in Vegas for the game, fyi, Moondoggies has a capacity of 35 at the moment. The likelihood of getting a seat there in sunday is pretty much nil. It’s not the normal Moondoggies shenanigans this year as they don’t have the Sunday ticket due too the reduced capacity.  The game is on local tv, so they’ll have the game this week

I saw them on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives I think. Made me want to drop in next time I make it out there. 

I just hang at home this year, as I usually do. I used to hit the Bills Backers bar early in the season, until we lost hope. It’s just easier than going out and fighting crowds. Love the energy, but over the course of the season I settle into my routine. 

As to Vegas (or for that matter WNY) - nope! No way I would pay that for an experience that would, in my opinion, be inferior to my family room next to my kitchen, my grill and my bathroom. If they paid ME, I’d consider it depending upon the offer. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

@LVGrown @RiotAct   My response was regarding my own personal medical dealings. NY has done a good job of keeping the numbers at bay since late Spring and, while I’d love nothing more than to be at a Bills game or celebrating with others, I’m happy with the outcome and how NY is handling it. 

That’s all I was trying to say. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Sitting in a car, watching a football game?!! And paying $400!! Sign me up! Wait...no. I actually have a clue so I won’t do that. Ridiculous.

I just looked, because it’s Vegas. The highs this weekend are 99 degrees for Saturday and Sunday. No, I would not do it for $400......they would have to pay me at least 10 times that! If I have to sit in a car I’m out, even for 100 times that. They would arrest you if you left a dog in a car for ten minutes in that weather! 

As for in WNY, the weather can be equally crappy, but in the opposite direction. My family room, however, is shaded and climate controlled. I WIN! I love game days live, but I hate when I act stupid! (It’s true, I have a lot of experience.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I go to Vegas quite a bit - until recently.  I take it you like Naked City Pizza???????????

1 hour ago, LB48 said:

You can tailgate and watch the game on large video screens in Vegas - -for $400.00. Would this fly in Buffalo???

The Raiders sent an email to season ticket holders late Tuesday advertising the Tailgate Zone at Allegiant Stadium, where fans in vehicles with five or fewer occupants can park in a stadium lot and watch the team’s game Sunday.

Fans will watch the action on a large LED screen and a stage will be constructed where Raiders special appearances and performances are planned.

Options range from $400 for the Tailgate Ticket package to $500 for the VIP package, with both including food and beverage. Fans are also allowed to bring additional food and beverages from home, including alcohol, which isn’t served at the event.  (Per Fox News)

like $80 a head? Don’t love it but framed that way is much more palatable.

and not sure the rules here but if you can get out and tailgate next to your car... maybe it’d be fun for a change of pace one week but wouldn’t want it to be my go to spot each week. Wouldn’t seek it out but if a friend was going I might hop in.

2 hours ago, LB48 said:

I go to Vegas quite a bit - until recently.  I take it you like Naked City Pizza???????????

I used to go to Nekkid City, but one time it was closed so I hung out at the Palms Sports Book.  They've got a decent Food Court right there, great place to lay down a bet and watch the Bills on the bigass screen.  Lots of Bills fans there.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

like $80 a head? Don’t love it but framed that way is much more palatable.

and not sure the rules here but if you can get out and tailgate next to your car... maybe it’d be fun for a change of pace one week but wouldn’t want it to be my go to spot each week. Wouldn’t seek it out but if a friend was going I might hop in.

They're also providing food and drink, so that makes it more reasonable as well.  I could swing $80 for a one-off novelty like that.  Even if it was just hot dogs and bottled water, I could live with that alongside the beer I'd bring.

Concerts at the drive in theater here run in the triple digit costs per person, you have to stay in your car, and no food or drink provided.