So many good young qbs in the NFL right now

Whkfc

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-3-nfl-qb-power-rankings-jared-goff-josh-allen-surge-into-top-10-as-carson-wentz-drew-brees-slide/

Going through the list its pretty crazy how deep the qb position is in the NFL right now Trent Dilfer says alot of it is due to the lack of crowd noise right now. But man so many guys are putting up some great numbers. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah, the changing of the guard is here.  Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers etc are at the end of their careers, Rodgers, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Stafford and a couple of others are the new old guard and then there is a large group of very talented QB's who have been in the league for less than 5 years.  The NFL landscape is shifting dramatically because of it.  I just hope a few of these teams that have been set at the QB position for 15 + years get to experience what it is like to no longer be set at the most critical position.

By the way LOL at Darnold being ranked behind Driskell and Mullins!  

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There are definitely a lot of good young qbs but it is a product of the rules.  Herbert threw for 300 yards in his first nfl start with zero notice.  This would have never Happened before. 

It has never been easier to be a nfl qb.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Murray that high is laughable alone.

Why? I seriously doubted him but he has consistently improved and opened the season beating the SB champs on the road.

hes a little person but he is a damn good qb.

The NFL has finally realised what colleges are giving them. I think the last 5 years has really seen an influx of talented young Quarterbacks. They are just not the prototype that NFL teams were looking for in 2010 for example. It took the league a while to realise those guys were scarce and they needed to change their search criteria.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The NFL has finally realised what colleges are giving them. I think the last 5 years has really seen an influx of talented young Quarterbacks. They are just not the prototype that NFL teams were looking for in 2010 for example. It took the league a while to realise those guys were scarce and they needed to change their search criteria.

I think a lot of teams are going to get fooled into paying non elite guys elite money.  This is like the PED era for baseball right now for qbs and wrs.  I think the playoffs become more old school in what they call.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Poor Timmy Tebow...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There are definitely a lot of good young qbs but it is a product of the rules.  Herbert threw for 300 yards in his first nfl start with zero notice.  This would have never Happened before. 

Why? I seriously doubted him but he has consistently improved and opened the season beating the SB champs on the road.

hes a little person but he is a damn good qb.

Not saying he hasnt been good, but he hasnt been better Allen, Goff and arguably Matt Ryan despite his coach being a complete fool.

Also, when did he beat the SB champs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Not saying he hasnt been good, but he hasnt been better Allen, Goff and arguably Matt Ryan despite his coach being a complete fool.

Agree with that. Murray has played well. He is going to be a good QB but I do think people have gone slightly overboard with how he played the first two weeks and I agree all three of those guys you mention have been better than him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I loved Tebow in college but Nate Peterman is Pat Mahomes compared to him throwing the ball. 

Point is, if he had the benefit of today's perspective, he might have coaches who were willing to rebuild the offense completely just for him (Jackson), or a team who was willing to bring in a college offense coach (Murray).

He may still have sucked, but we'll never know what could have been with a real chance and a full team support.

Bums me out because he was so fun to watch in college. Probably the best college player I've watched with my own two eyes (considering I didnt really start watching college ball until about 2003).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I hate to say it, but based on his performance Sunday night, I’d have to say Cam Newton is seriously underrated here.  It’s probably the best he’s played since his MVP season, and i don’t think it’s a fluke.  He looks fully healthy and he’s finally being well-coached.  Looks to be an upgrade from Brady, unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Reality doesn't matter much to some posters

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Point is, if he had the benefit of today's perspective, he might have coaches who were willing to rebuild the offense completely just for him (Jackson), or a team who was willing to bring in a college offense coach (Murray).

He may still have sucked, but we'll never know what could have been with a real chance and a full team support.

Bums me out because he was so fun to watch in college. Probably the best college player I've watched with my own two eyes (considering I didnt really start watching college ball until about 2003).

He was fantastic and maybe the best leader I've ever seen in football.    I agree with you here, he needed to be drafted to a good organization.    McDaniels wasnt/isnt head coach material and the Broncos were in win now mode rather than trying to develop him long term. 

Despite, that Tebow is still a really good example for young athletes.  About to finish his book Shaken, very good read for people going through stressful times in their lives.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I hate to say it, but based on his performance Sunday night, I’d have to say Cam Newton is seriously underrated here.  It’s probably the best he’s played since his MVP season, and i don’t think it’s a fluke.  He looks fully healthy and he’s finally being well-coached.  Looks to be an upgrade from Brady, unfortunately.

He definitely looks like an upgrade from Brady. I don't know how anyone could watch SNF and not think "man the Pat are better at QB than this time last year."

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ha, look at you moving the goalposts as you see Josh Allen have success.  So funny and so predictable.  Now it's "easy" to be an NFL QB.

No, what's happening is that there a lot of athletic, talented QBs coming into the league and coordinators are finding ways to use their strengths rather than insisting upon the old "prototype" of what an NFL QB is supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 2