Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Sorry if this  was addressed elsewhere (I couldn't find it directly) but does anyone think that Cam Akers being out for the Rams will have any impact on the game?

No. They have 3 average RBs, now they have two. 

None of the 3 will wow you, they take what’s in front of them and not much more. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Actually on NFL.com’s preview vid they had like 3-2 for the Bills. 

ESPN only gives two opinions and they're split .  Their computer predictor thingy has the Bills by 1.1 points.

CBS John Breech (whoever he may be) picks the Rams and it's not close,  34-27.  His reasoning seems to be that we gave up too many points to the Jets and Dolphins.  (Earlier he predicted the Patriots win the AFC East over the Bills.)

I'm not sure who the "Experts" are myself.  Seems I saw one panel where they were picking 3-2 for the Rams.

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I love how we are now confident with Josh Allen in a shootout...who would have thought, last season, that this is where we would be? Such an amazing feeling going into any game knowing you have a shot...reminds me of how I used to feel with the 90s Bills...👍

The Rams defense is solid but they aren't top 10 in my opinion. So I do feel confident in Josh and the offenses ability to put up points on a average to below average defense. However I don't know if Josh can put up a big number against an elite defense.

The Rams defense will be a good test for Josh, if he can put up a good number against them it will show just how far he has come.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Sorry if this  was addressed elsewhere (I couldn't find it directly) but does anyone think that Cam Akers being out for the Rams will have any impact on the game?

Seems like they’re pretty committed to the committee approach, so I’m not sure it takes too much away. Brown has looked better than Akers from what I’ve seen. 

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ESPN only gives two opinions and they're split .  Their computer predictor thingy has the Bills by 1.1 points.

CBS John Breech (whoever he may be) picks the Rams and it's not close,  34-27.  His reasoning seems to be that we gave up too many points to the Jets and Dolphins.  (Earlier he predicted the Patriots win the AFC East over the Bills.)

I'm not sure who the "Experts" are myself.  Seems I saw one panel where they were picking 3-2 for the Rams.

Is 7 not close?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

No. They have 3 average RBs, now they have two. 

None of the 3 will wow you, they take what’s in front of them and not much more. 

This.  Early going: 4.4 YPA.  3rd in the league in rushing attempts and in rushing yards.   It's basically being nibbled to death by ducks.  Their goal in life is to make the running game effective enough to exploit the play action and the screen, but they get enough from it to move the chains.

So far...they have given up 4.8 ypa.

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is 7 not close?

It ain't a blow-out, but it's not scraping by with a 1 point lead, either

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Im not sure why there’s this hostility from some of you over this issue.  I’m pretty positive about our team otherwise.  

The national narrative for the Bills is that the next step is to beat, perceived to be, good teams.  

That’s not without reason.   

Not sure why some of you get so in your feelings over this.  

Hostility?  Don't you think that's a little dramatic?  There are all kinds of fans from sports teams.  For as many of you that put "conditions" on your fanhood

there are others that are passionate about being positive.  The vast majority are just enjoying the ride we are on.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.  Early going: 4.4 YPA.  3rd in the league in rushing attempts and in rushing yards.   It's basically being nibbled to death by ducks.  Their goal in life is to make the running game effective enough to exploit the play action and the screen, but they get enough from it to move the chains.

So far...they have given up 4.8 ypa.

It ain't a blow-out, but it's not scraping by with a 1 point lead, either

I gotcha. I usually see anything within 1 score as relatively close. 

• Like (+1) 2