Week 3: Rams at Bills

YoloinOhio

It's a little bit early to get down on our defense.

The Jets were completely shut-down, with the exception of a single busted play (Tremaine Edmunds makes that tackle, and they punt) and what I would consider "garbage time" points at the end of the game with the clock ticking down.  If you really think about it, their offense wasn't able to mount even one strong drive the entire game.

Against the Dolphins, both Fitzpatrick and the receivers played absolutely fantastic.  The pass rush was strong, and quickly in the QB's face.  The coverage wasn't bad, considering we were down both of our starting linebackers.  Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do, and the opponent just makes plays.  This was a perfect storm that worked against us.

This defense has been among the NFL's best for 2-3 years running, and has a lot of pride in that fact.  Don't be surprised if (assuming we are healthy again at LB) this unit has a bounce-back game on Sunday.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

This essentially means all three are playing.  Great news.

At this point, I would be surprised if Matt Milano and Taron Johnson don't play.

Tremaine Edmunds hasn't hit anyone all week, and is a MLB nursing a shoulder injury.  I'm not so sure about him...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

No hype - he’s an extremely good coach... very very good... will eventually get a ring...

I don’t doubt that... I’m just sick of hearing about it all week before our game with them.  

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Victory Formation said:

It’s true though my friend.. it’s true... Rams are a legit Super Bowl contender.. this is a hell of a test for this young Bills team...

Where is the backing behind this?... they have been underwhelming ever since Belicheat bent McVey over his knee in the Super Bowl, their roster is in worse shape now than it was then, and they’ve had two nice wins against really uninspiring teams.

Not to argue that they aren’t a good team, but i don’t see where they are slotted in as obviously better than the bills. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Where is the backing behind this?... they have been underwhelming ever since Belicheat bent McVey over his knee in the Super Bowl, their roster is in worse shape now than it was then, and they’ve had two nice wins against really uninspiring teams.

Not to argue that they aren’t a good team, but i don’t see where they are slotted in as obviously better than the bills. 

Super Bowl hangover can do that to the best of them.. Personally, I highly respect Sean McVay and the coaching staff he’s assembled in LA.. the Rams have a lot more experience than us.. they’ve actually been to a Super Bowl, we’ve yet to win a playoff game under McD.. unbelievably well coached team and a highly talented roster.. yeah this could go bad.. I like to think we’ll win but it could get really ugly... huge test for this Bills team, hope they’re up for it!

15 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Super Bowl hangover can do that to the best of them.. Personally, I highly respect Sean McVay and the coaching staff he’s assembled in LA.. the Rams have a lot more experience than us.. they’ve actually been to a Super Bowl, we’ve yet to win a playoff game under McD.. unbelievably well coached team and a highly talented roster.. yeah this could go bad.. I like to think we’ll win but it could get really ugly... huge test for this Bills team, hope they’re up for it!

Which part of the Rams team is markedly better than us? 

• Like (+1) 5

I am predicting a shootout but in the end I think have at least one of the starting LB's back is enough to get the defense to make a key stop or two and hand this team the game. 35-31 Bills. Key game as the Bills for the two must wins to start strong but a win against the Rams would be a good confidence boost to Josh and this team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Which part of the Rams team is markedly better than us? 

Well, just cus ya haven’t heard of em don’t mean they’re no good.. Goff, Ramsey, Donald, Kupp, Woods, Whitworth, Robinson, Brockers, Higbee etc.. when I played sports, my coach always told me to talk up the other team.. if ya beat em then ya beat a good opponent.. if you don’t do that and you lose, you kinda got egg on your face and you’re embarrassed.. once again, you’re overlooking the experience gap here... that’s what scares me the most.. the Rams have guys that have been to the Super Bowl with them.. compare that to Josh Allen who although looks promising has only had his coming out party the last two games of the season.. the experience gap frightens me.. and if Milano and Edmunds don’t play, Higbee vs our LBs could get nasty..

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

If Edmunds and Milano play, both teams at relatively full strength... we are more talented than them.  

I’m going to need to see us beat teams like the Rams, before I fully buy in, but if they are highly talented, so are we (as has been stated by almost every prognosticator heading into this year)

I agree, our offense will have to bring it if Edmunds and Milano can’t go. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, just cus ya haven’t heard of em don’t mean they’re no good.. Goff, Ramsey, Donald, Kupp, Woods, Whitworth, Robinson, Brockers, Higbee etc.. when I played sports, my coach always told me to talk up the other team.. if ya beat em then ya beat a good opponent.. if you don’t do that and you lose, you kinda got egg on your face and you’re embarrassed.. once again, you’re overlooking the experience gap here... that’s what scares me the most.. the Rams have guys that have been to the Super Bowl with them.. compare that to Josh Allen who although looks promising has only had his coming out party the last two games of the season.. the experience gap frightens me.. and if Milano and Edmunds don’t play, Higbee vs our LBs could get nasty..

I get that concept, but I’m not putting a helmet on Sunday. I wish you luck if you are. 😛 

I’m not trying to talk smack about the Rams and I’m not overly confident we will win either. That being said- I look at their roster and this is what I see:

QB: Advantage bills. - this isn’t Hyperbole. Allen outside of structure is 100% better than Goff out of structure which means as actual QB’s, Allen is better. 

RB: — 

TE: Rams

OL: —

WR: Bills - Diggs > Kupp, Brown = Woods, Beasley > Jefferson

DL:  Probably the Rams, but ours is more complete, they just get the points for having Donald.

LB: If TE/MM play- huge advantage Bills

Secondary: Bills, but it’s close. - White = Ramsey, Hyde = Johnson, Poyer > Rapp, Hill > Wallace.

I’m not looking past the Rams, but the rams get all the credit cause they’re a big market, popular team. I don’t think it’s nearly as disastrous a match for us as some round here think.

• Like (+1) 6