Week 2 Around the league. Comments, thoughts, picks.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Btw...just to be clear, we have to get by Cam Newton and the pats to win the division after two decades of Brady.

...and the Cowboys just have to get past the Washington Football Team?

TBH.  I'm not that worried about Cam.

Belicheat could stop the OLD team.

THIS team is completely different. 

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

TBH.  I'm not that worried about Cam.

Belicheat could stop the OLD team.

THIS team is completely different. 

shady, truthfully, my real thoughts were on the NFC East.

Is there a more terrible division in football?  In my opinion,  no.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is what my Grandma would call a “Come to Jesus” moment.... an awakening for them....

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/154249-josh-allen-2435-417-4tds/

Tough crowd, OP at that thread was told 'GFY' just for relating the facts.

Gang Green forums aren't as friendly to the Jets' problems, so it seems.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

No the return team can recover it at any point.  That was a terrible job by Atlanta.

Once Atlanta touches the ball, then Dallas can recover it even if it does not travel 10 yards.

My only thought is the Atlanta players did not think it was going to make it 10 yards and therefore decided to back away at first, but to not go and get it at about 8 yards was terrible.

I was amazed Atlanta didn't just pick up the s l o w l y rolling ball - incredibly stupid play - can't believe the shows I've seen haven't even mentioned it.  I guess the only thing that makes sense is waiting for it to go 10 yds, but c'mon - the game is sitting right there for you to fall on an essentially stationary ball the other team can't touch.  One of the worst ST plays ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was amazed Atlanta didn't just pick up the s l o w l y rolling ball - incredibly stupid play - can't believe the shows I've seen haven't even mentioned it.  I guess the only thing that makes sense is waiting for it to go 10 yds, but c'mon - the game is sitting right there for you to fall on an essentially stationary ball the other team can't touch.  One of the worst ST plays ever.

At one point with the ball at 7 yards - the Falcons had like 3-4 guys to the one Giant and needed to go get it.  No good excuse not to try.

I do remember doing a bunch of fumble drills as a player and coach - and one of the hardest things to do is cover a ball rolling on the ground - without having it squirt free or slide away.  The falcons still had to try - they also could have worked to box the Cowboy player out, but they all just stood there looking at it.  

It was literally about the worst effort and planning I have ever seen out of a team - especially in a crucial point like that.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Tough crowd, OP at that thread was told 'GFY' just for relating the facts.

Gang Green forums aren't as friendly to the Jets' problems, so it seems.

Allen may run like Elway, but he throws like Hackenberg. 

image.png.71c76f787ce72b67aea04a823b4b9535.png

I can't believe how many references there are to the first drive. It's amazing how no other QB in the league has a receiver who isn't where he's expected on 3rd down and stops a drive. Only Allen because muh inaccurate. Every incompletion means he's inaccurate. Every completion means the receiver bailed him out, but he's still inaccurate.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

At one point with the ball at 7 yards - the Falcons had like 3-4 guys to the one Giant and needed to go get it.  No good excuse not to try.

I do remember doing a bunch of fumble drills as a player and coach - and one of the hardest things to do is cover a ball rolling on the ground - without having it squirt free or slide away.  The falcons still had to try - they also could have worked to box the Cowboy player out, but they all just stood there looking at it.  

It was literally about the worst effort and planning I have ever seen out of a team - especially in a crucial point like that.

Absolutely brutal...

Brought to you by the same clueless HC who managed to choke away a 28-3 third quarter Super Bowl lead to *New England.

"According to the Elias Sports Bureau, 440 NFL teams had scored 39 points in a game while committing no turnovers since those stats became available in 1933. Those teams had a record of 440-0. On Sunday, the Falcons became the 441st team to do it. Make that record 440-1."

Let that sink in...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/column-another-grim-chapter-for-atlantas-sports-history/2020/09/21/6ab4fa8e-fbd3-11ea-b0e4-350e4e60cc91_story.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

VIkings fans were all over Diggs on social media this off-season, chatting about how he was going to miss having an accurate quarterback throwing to him and regret the day he left Minnesota.

Check our this article: https://www.skornorth.com/2020/09/zulgad-the-vikings-have-become-a-complete-mess-and-stefon-diggs-saw-it-coming/

Zulgad: The Vikings are a complete mess and Stefon Diggs saw it coming

Judd-300x225-112x112.jpg
By Judd Zulgad | @jzulgadSeptember 20, 2020 2:57 pm

• Like (+1) 1

The NFC East is trash, The NFC West is probably the toughest division in football, 4 legit teams there. The Chiefs and Ravens are the elite teams in the AFC (Outside of the Bills of course) while Pittsburgh, The Titans, The Colts and New England should all be tough teams to beat in the AFC. Tampa Bay should be a legit team out in the NFC as I think they are at least a 10 win team. The NFC runs through Seattle and NOLA but I would rule out Green Bay or Tampa.

I am so glad to see Ass-Chin getting his ass handed to him in consecutive weeks by the AFC powers in KC and Baltimore.  I hate it for Deshaun but that team is a fraud, led by an egomaniacal fraud of a head coach.  Excited to see them miss the playoffs this year.

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I feel the opposite, Belichick stopped the K-Gun afterall...

He didn't cheat as much back then.  ;)   

Fun Fact -- Bellyache has 0 wins against Pete Carroll's Seattle team in the regular season.

Fitz and the Fish defeated BB last December. 

The Hoodie is going down 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He didn't cheat as much back then.  ;)   

Fun Fact -- Bellyache has 0 wins against Pete Carroll's Seattle team in the regular season.

Fitz and the Fish defeated BB last December. 

The Hoodie is going down 

Unfortunately i dont agree. I see them winning the east. Newton at a steal, and he is playing great. Best qb in afc east. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Runningaces said:

Unfortunately i dont agree. I see them winning the east. Newton at a steal, and he is playing great. Best qb in afc east. 

uh. Ummm

Newton the best?

we shall see

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

WRONG

Don’t scare me like that. 

• Haha (+1) 1