Allegiant Stadium

Irv

I'm not a fan of the Raiders but man that stadium they have looks awesome.  Part of me would love to see the Bills get something like that but then half of us, self included, could not afford to go.  I also wonder if we had something like this that is climate controlled would it kill the tailgating.  Anyway that is one cool looking stadium. 

images3VFWXK98.jpg

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder why they chose black in the desert? Won't it absorb a lot of heat?

Deserts get cold at night:

"The Western Desert lives and breathes
In forty-five degrees..."

"Build a house like a shadow..."

https://thespaces.com/property-of-the-week-black-desert-house-in-yucca-valley-california/

30 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

A pretty thorough writeup. It really is a pretty damn impressive engineering feat.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/field-of-dreams-allegiant-stadium/

That's pretty neat.

My road game this year was going to be Vegas, because it would rival the Nashville game from last year. But alas........

5 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm not a fan of the Raiders but man that stadium they have looks awesome.  Part of me would love to see the Bills get something like that but then half of us, self included, could not afford to go.  I also wonder if we had something like this that is climate controlled would it kill the tailgating.  Anyway that is one cool looking stadium. 

images3VFWXK98.jpg

You have stadium envy?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder why they chose black in the desert? Won't it absorb a lot of heat?

Remember, this is the organization that gave Jon Gruden a fully-guaranteed, ten year, $100M contract. They're not exactly known for making logical decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Raiders black I suppose, electric bill won't be an issue... liked them when I was a kid... Lamonica, Fred with the smeared black tack everywhere. No longer like them.

I'm going to assume they thought of the color before building. Otherwise they just built an oven.

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Deserts get cold at night:

"The Western Desert lives and breathes
In forty-five degrees..."

I get what you're saying, but your example is wrong.  The quote is from an Aussie song, where they use Celsius and not Fahrenheit. 

45c = 113F

Edited by Bad Things
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to assume they thought of the color before building. Otherwise they just built an oven.

Nah... won't be an oven inside... modern day AC. Like someone mentioned, it does cool down pretty well in the desert at night. I'm still going with the raiders black. I'm sure the reason is out there somewheres.

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

Nah... won't be an oven inside... modern day AC. Like someone mentioned, it does cool down pretty well in the desert at night. I'm still going with the raiders black. I'm sure the reason is out there somewheres.

But will the AC have to work that much harder because the skin on the building is absorbing infrared? I don't know these things.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But will the AC have to work that much harder because the skin on the building is absorbing infrared? I don't know these things.

Me neither... but less mouth breathers right now.