Lmao, Tyrod’s gonna start another football game ?

Teddy KGB

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Both jags.     Either one “might”win a game.  

One guy has a winning record with almost 50 starts. That’s pretty dumb. We know that you hate him but NO ONE (reasonable) thinks Matt Barkley is a better option. This type of absurd hyperbole is the reason that I feel a need to chime in. 

I was responding to the guy suggesting that he’d be “bagging groceries.” He’s a top 40 QB now and there are almost 90 rostered in the Covid era. He’s not going to be out of the league anytime soon.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mannc said:

If I’m the owner, I would fire Lynn to prevent this from happening.  Just like when Pegula fired Rex to keep him from starting Tyrod against the Jests in his last game...

When they hired Lynn, they made a fundamental error... he's too loyal to what he knows and it's a fatal weakness. He believes in Tyrod as is willing to sit Herbert, who looked flat out awesome this week against the #1 team in the league and reigning Super Bowl champions, to prove that Tyrod is somehow a starter in the NFL. It's RIDICULOUS and sooner or later they WILL fire Lynn.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

21 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When they hired Lynn, they made a fundamental error... he's too loyal to what he knows and it's a fatal weakness. He believes in Tyrod as is willing to sit Herbert, who looked flat out awesome this week against the #1 team in the league and reigning Super Bowl champions, to prove that Tyrod is somehow a starter in the NFL. It's RIDICULOUS and sooner or later they WILL fire Lynn.

Based on the Chargers W-L record, I thought Lynn did a good job his first two years in LA, but the game against the Chiefs (and his inexplicable insistence on starting Tyrod) shows that he's got a low ceiling.  The decisions to kick the field goal instead of trying to score a TD in the last 3 minutes, and then to punt on 4th and 1 in OT mark him as a replacement level coach, at best.    

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If he was better than he should have been starting going into the game. They'll work it out.

Again, I agree it is ridiculous. But it is how it works in the NFL. Cant lose a job to injury. This isnt the first time we've heard it. Wont be the last.

I really don't think that's the way it works in this league any more, if it ever did.  There is too much money at stake.  The best player plays; it doesn't matter if the other guy got hurt rescuing babies from a burning building.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AirAllenPower said:

I don't get why bills fans bash Taylor.  He was always a bridge qb who restored respect back to our organization 

That's true, but Tyrod was kept around here one year too long, and people who believed in him were made to look foolish.  That's caused a bit of blowback. Plus he's been terrible since he left Buffalo.   

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

On 9/3/2020 at 10:41 AM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Tyrod's tenure in Cleveland was 2.5 games. 

Week 1 vs Steelers

15/40 for 197 yards 1 TD 1 INT 

8 rushes for 77 yards 1 TD

21-21 Tie

Week 2 vs Saints

22/30 for 246 yards 1 TD 1 INT

4 rushes for 26 yards

21-18 Loss (Interestingly enough, TT actually lead Cleveland to what should have been the game winning TD with 1 minute left in the game, but they missed the PAT, then the Saints kicked a FG as time expired)

Week 3 vs Jets

4/14 for 19 yards

4 rushes for 22 yards

Injured by halftime and Baker took over. Baker played pretty well and TT never left the bench after that. 

Pretty ugly game against the Jets, but Tyrod played fine in the first 2 weeks. Seems like a lot of fans on here forget all of Tyrod's average games and only remember the duds (he has significantly more average games than bad games). 

He's not the long term answer at QB, but he's really not as bad as many posters on here make him out to be. 

Yeah, but he's not a franchise QB either that the Bills tried to make him into when we desperately needed one for years (Thanks Rex). That is what has most Bills fans tired of TT.

It's not him directly as a person but more what our old FO forced down our throats. I'm just glad we don't have these lame Tyrod posts anymore, with fans beating each other down week in and week out.

Our real franchise QB is here. 

One of the funniest Bills QB videos with so much truth, Tyrod included. 

Edited by Real McNasty

13 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Yeah, but he's not a franchise QB either that the Bills tried to make him into when we desperately needed one for years (Thanks Rex). That is what has most Bills fans tired of TT.

It's not him directly as a person but more what our old FO forced down our throats. I'm just glad we don't have these lame Tyrod posts anymore, with fans beating each other down week in and week out.

Our real franchise QB is here. 

One of the funniest Bills QB videos with so much truth Tyrod included. 

No they didn’t!! I don’t know one Bills fan that ever thought he was a franchise QB. He was serviceable after years of horrible. We were all in agreement that he was a bridge. Some of us differed if it should have been the 2017 or 2018 draft but not 1 person thought he was a franchise guy. 😂😂

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No they didn’t!! I don’t know one Bills fan that ever thought he was a franchise QB. He was serviceable after years of horrible. We were all in agreement that he was a bridge. Some of differed if it should have been the 2017 or 2018 draft but not 1 person thought he was a franchise guy. 😂😂

Yea, most thought of him as a bridge but over a stream that runs through their neighborhood park and not as long as Seven Mile Bridge. 😀

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No they didn’t!! I don’t know one Bills fan that ever thought he was a franchise QB. He was serviceable after years of horrible. We were all in agreement that he was a bridge. Some of differed if it should have been the 2017 or 2018 draft but not 1 person thought he was a franchise guy. 😂😂

Kirby, I can easily dig up about 100 different post stating otherwise. Also, please don't forget the 6 year, 92million dollar contract from the FO that matters and did. Forum members were at one another throats for like 1-1.5yrs straight on the topic.

33 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Kirby, I can easily dig up about 100 different post stating otherwise. Also, please don't forget the 6 year, 92million dollar contract from the FO that matters and did. Forum members were at one another throats for like 1-1.5yrs straight on the topic.

They gave him a standard bridge qb contract with easy outs!! That’s done for cap management not because they were going to pay him the total. Don’t be naive. 

Forum members were at each other’s throats over “is he serviceable or should he be replaced now.” I was in the middle of a lot of those. I believed that they should have never went to Peterman for example. I never thought “anyone else would be better.” At the same time, I was a big believer in the 2018 class so I pushed to wait for that group. Gunner, for example wanted Watson. I wanted to stack assets to get our choice in 2018. I liked Rosen and Baker the best so I would have been wrong. There weren’t people believing that he was the future just that he was better than the alternatives. He was.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They gave him a standard bridge ab contract with easy outs!! That’s done for cap management not because they were going to pay him the total. Don’t be naive. 

Forum members were at each other’s throats over “is he serviceable or should he be replaced now.” I was in the middle of a lot of those. I believed that they should have never went to Peterman for example. I never thought “anyone else would be better.” At the same time, I was a big believer in the 2018 class so I pushed to wait for that group. Gunner, for example wanted Watson. I wanted to stack assets to get our choice in 2018. I liked Rosen and Baker the best so I would have been wrong. There weren’t people believing that he was the future just that he was better than the alternatives. He was.

How many teams give "bridge QB's" 6 year contracts without anyone they are mentoring or bridging for?  Tyrod became a forum consensus bridge when McD arrived in 2017. Before that I clearly recall numerous forum messages stating otherwise under Rex and Whaley in 2015 and 2016. 

I've honestly had enough of the Tyrod talk already and hope he bridges/mentors Herbert well. I'm glad that entire FO, Rex and Tyrod are gone. 

We finally built a proper team right under McD and Beane. 

27 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

How many teams give "bridge QB's" 6 year contracts without anyone they are mentoring or bridging for?  Tyrod became a forum consensus bridge when McD arrived in 2017. Before that I clearly recall numerous forum messages stating otherwise under Rex and Whaley in 2015 and 2016. 

I've honestly had enough of the Tyrod talk already and hope he bridges/mentors Herbert well. I'm glad that entire FO, Rex and Tyrod are gone. 

We finally built a proper team right under McD and Beane. 

Viewing it as a “6 year deal” is where you are off. It was functionally a 2 or 3 year deal. The guy wasn’t here to mentor because EJ flopped when Tyrod started and they decided to go for the 2018 class instead of 2017. They were ALWAYS taking a QB in one of those classes. They stacked their assets for 2018 and got Josh. They could have sat tight in 2017 and taken Watson or (gasp) Mahomes. The Bills decided to build their roster and then the QB instead of the other way around. It’s the opposite of the Jets. 

The Tyrod hate on here those is just absurd. The guy led 2 top 10 scoring offenses and won more games than he lost (for a franchise that hadn’t won in forever). He was the QB at the end of the drought. That guy shouldn’t be talked about like Rex or Peterman or EJ or Jauron. Tyrod deserves WAY more respect than Bills fans have given him. He was a fine bridge QB that they moved on from when they found their guy. This is not the guy that we should be trashing. It’s a bad look and unwarranted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If I’m the owner I go to Anthony Lynn and either fire him or tell him he’s starting Herbert. 

Lynn fired off some beautiful quotes today. Is this man simply delusional? Has he not seen any of the years of tape that Tyrod has? 

"The young man stepped up, and I thought he played well under the circumstances," Lynn explained Monday. "He could've made some different decisions here and there, but I thought he stepped up when we needed him to and gave us a chance. If Tyrod's not available, (I think) we can win with him ... But there's a lot that you don't know. There's a lot that we didn't get done with Justin on the field. He's a backup for a reason. He's a rookie. And there's a lot that he needs to learn about this game."

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If I’m the owner I go to Anthony Lynn and either fire him or tell him he’s starting Herbert. 

Lynn fired off some beautiful quotes today. Is this man simply delusional? Has he not seen any of the years of tape that Tyrod has? 

"The young man stepped up, and I thought he played well under the circumstances," Lynn explained Monday. "He could've made some different decisions here and there, but I thought he stepped up when we needed him to and gave us a chance. If Tyrod's not available, (I think) we can win with him ... But there's a lot that you don't know. There's a lot that we didn't get done with Justin on the field. He's a backup for a reason. He's a rookie. And there's a lot that he needs to learn about this game."

Wow.  If I’m the owner, Lynn is fired right now, unless he tells me he was just throwing out disinformation for their next opponent.

I don’t understand why this thread even exists.  Tyrod played reasonably well in comparison to what preceded him, he worked hard, was humble, represented the organization and the  city well (which seems to be a necessity for some Bills fans) was the QB of the drought ending team.   The Bills were always going to draft a QB at some point early in McD’s reign.  I wish Tyrod well.  Other Bills fans should do the same.  The level of disrespect toward him is baffling.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/2/2020 at 9:29 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Guess this is Anthony Lynn’s final season. 

Those poor wide recievers.   

Is it possible that he said he wants Turod to start because he wants his next opponent to prepare for him ? Even though he/ and the whole world knows that the rookie should and probably will start , 

just saying why show your hand before the river ? 

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I don’t understand why this thread even exists.  Tyrod played reasonably well in comparison to what preceded him, he worked hard, was humble, represented the organization and the  city well (which seems to be a necessity for some Bills fans) was the QB of the drought ending team.   The Bills were always going to draft a QB at some point early in McD’s reign.  I wish Tyrod well.  Other Bills fans should do the same.  The level of disrespect toward him is baffling.

This has nothing to do with what he did or didn’t do as a QB for the Bills , 

Let me ask you this if you were a Chargers fan who would you want to see as the QB going in to the next game ? 

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

Is it possible that he said he wants Turod to start because he wants his next opponent to prepare for him ? Even though he/ and the whole world knows that the rookie should and probably will start , 

just saying why show your hand before the river ? 

This has nothing to do with what he did or didn’t do as a QB for the Bills , 

Let me ask you this if you were a Chargers fan who would you want to see as the QB going in to the next game ? 

I’d want to see Herbert.  He’s the future.  That’s why they drafted him.  He probably won’t look as good once the opposing team knows he’s starting and has a week to prepare for him.

That said, we have a thread with many denigrating the man and THAT does have to do with what he did in Buffalo.  Otherwise why would he come up on a Bills message board?   He was hovering around average, the Bills drafted a QB they hoped would be a lot better, which is what they should have done.  I wish him well.

2 hours ago, mannc said:

That's true, but Tyrod was kept around here one year too long, and people who believed in him were made to look foolish.  That's caused a bit of blowback. Plus he's been terrible since he left Buffalo.   

I'm going to suggest that he was kept around one year too short. Unless, you're going to suggest that Late Nate Peterman was a better option as a vet mentor/bridge QB?