BLM protest happening.....

Westside

33 minutes ago, ALF said:

Partisan politicians encourages people to also be divided almost to the point of civil war. Elected officials who tolerate any violence , rioting , looting , fires are encouraging even more lawlessness. Covid has made these problems exponentially worse.

Which party is encouraging that kind of behavior? Who's funding the violent protesters? Portland, Seattle, NYC, Rochester, Dallas, Houston, Wis., St.L, Charlotte are all democratic run cities. If you really want to have a discussion then you should denounce the party that encourages violence. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Which party is encouraging that kind of behavior? Who's funding the violent protesters? Portland, Seattle, NYC, Rochester, Dallas, Houston, Wis., St.L, Charlotte are all democratic run cities. If you really want to have a discussion then you should denounce the party that encourages violence. 

...what are your views/opinions?......and which party denounces the violence as well as which party, or even both fail to denounce?....does one or both support?.....

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what are your views/opinions?......and which party denounces the violence as well as which party, or even both fail to denounce?....does one or both support?.....

Well, I tend to let the facts speak for themselves. The president has offered the democratic run cities with help to end the violence. The leaders of the blue states have refused (except for Wisconsin) any federal help, yet they put the police on stand down. If Trump overrides the mayors and governors, then he is a dictator, if he doesn't, he encourages the violence. He's in a no win situation and the left knows this. I wish the right would speak up against this rioting, but they have been pretty quiet about it. I'm extremely disappointed with their failure to denounce the violence.    

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Partisan politicians encourages people to also be divided almost to the point of civil war. Elected officials who tolerate any violence , rioting , looting , fires are encouraging even more lawlessness. Covid has made these problems exponentially worse.

I tend to believe it is more what we have made covid then the Covid itself.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Covid hasn’t made it worse. Government has made it worse by choice.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, SoCal Deek said:

You’re telling me this ‘systemic racism’ happened back in March and they’re just getting around to rioting in September? And I thought MY inbox was full! 

March 7th at 1:48 pm if my calculations are correct.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, SoCal Deek said:

You’re telling me this ‘systemic racism’ happened back in March and they’re just getting around to rioting in September? And I thought MY inbox was full! 

I got a sign in my workshop that says, "I got a ton of procrastinating done today". They just didnt get around to it untill now. 

not long ago today, i heard on the radio that our illustrious mayor, Lovely A Warren has concieved a brillant plan to stem the violence of the protests/riots. it is so freaking brillant and obvious that i am surprised that no one has previously suggested such. are you ready for this... she wants to put senior citizens between the police and the protesters/rioters. sheer brilliance! i mean... what could go wrong??

🤡

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

not long ago today, i heard on the radio that our illustrious mayor, Lovely A Warren has concieved a brillant plan to stem the violence of the protests/riots. it is so freaking brillant and obvious that i am surprised that no one has previously suggested such. are you ready for this... she wants to put senior citizens between the police and the protesters/rioters. sheer brilliance! i mean... what could go wrong??

🤡

Is this real?

25 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Is this real?

okay so i did a Google search and found the video of her press conference. in it, she uses the linguistic, 'elders', though WHAM said 'senior citizens' (same same?). the reference begins at roughly the 3:10 mark of the video in the link.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/watch-live-mayor-warren-and-chief-singletary-to-make-announcement-after-weekend-full-of-protests/

Edited by Foxx

It’ll only work if the seniors show up buck Nekkid. Former performer will verify that. 
Nothing, but nothing could quell a riot and dispel an angry mob than a pack of nekkid senior citizens. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 2

...uh oh....this could resemble a "Pork Belly Convention".............

Naked protesters arrive at Public Safety Building

09/07/2020 08:38 AM Updated 18 minutes ago

WHECTV
Updated: September 07, 2020 08:38 AM
Created: September 07, 2020 07:30 AM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Naked demonstrators arrived outside the Public Safety Building in downtown Rochester Monday morning.

The protesters were wearing nothing but spit hoods, a reference to the body cam video that was released last week of Daniel Prude. The 41-year-old Black man was not breathing and had no pulse after officers restrained and handcuffed him. He died seven days later in the hospital after being taken off life support.

The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide and says Prude died from complications of asphyxia due to physical restraint, excited delirium and PCP.

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/naked-protesters-arrive-at-public-safety-building-/5854424/?cat=565

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The medical examiner ruled his death a homicide and says Prude died from complications of asphyxia due to physical restraint, excited delirium and PCP.

I believe an OR qualifier should have been used.  But I guess, as we all know, PCP never kills alone.

And by the way, WTF is excited delirium - like reefer madness?  Like a rollercoaster ride?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

I believe an OR qualifier should have been used.  But I guess, as we all know, PCP never kills alone.

And by the way, WTF is excited delirium - like reefer madness?  Like a rollercoaster ride?

...I think the bigger problem is that this happened in March 2020 and the Mayor alleges not to have known until August 4......and allegedly deceased's brother took him to the hospital on that March date because he was "not acting right psychologically" and the hospital discharged him at 11PM allegedly with no treatment.....suffocating event and death occurred shortly after when subdued outside while naked.....

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Foxx said:

🤡

She is using the Andrew Cuomo method. They are old, probably vote Republican. Use them as human shields in riots and for COVID...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’ll only work if the seniors show up buck Nekkid. Former performer will verify that. 
Nothing, but nothing could quell a riot and dispel an angry mob than a pack of nekkid senior citizens. 

...OMG...if I did, THAT visual would cause an exodus of EPIC proportions......INCLUDING the Mayor......it would redefine "unsightly".............

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Pushing his covered face to the pavement till he stops moving is probably not a good idea.

...if a guy is running around outside naked in the middle of the night, common sense says "something isn't right here"......add to it a FIVE MONTH lapse before publicized...

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

okay so i did a Google search and found the video of her press conference. in it, she uses the linguistic, 'elders', though WHAM said 'senior citizens' (same same?). the reference begins at roughly the 3:10 mark of the video in the link.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/local-news/watch-live-mayor-warren-and-chief-singletary-to-make-announcement-after-weekend-full-of-protests/

Apparently Lovely doesn’t have access to the internet.  Based on my own quick google search, We’re running short on “elders” in NY these days, and those that are seem to get  harassed and/or assaulted at a rather alarming rate. 

Maybe we could send @OldTimeAFLGuy and @B-Man over to calm things down a bit, but I’m not 100% sure they aren’t pre-disposed to cranky and I’m thinking 50% of ‘em are probably packing heat.  And no, I can’t go because you don’t because I’m not an elder yet, I’m just very experienced in the youthful arts. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Apparently Lovely doesn’t have access to the internet.  Based on my own quick google search, We’re running short on “elders” in NY these days, and those that are seem to get  harassed and/or assaulted at a rather alarming rate. 

Maybe we could send @OldTimeAFLGuy and @B-Man over to calm things down a bit, but I’m not 100% sure they aren’t pre-disposed to cranky and I’m thinking 50% of ‘em are probably packing heat.  And no, I can’t go because you don’t because I’m not an elder yet, I’m just very experienced in the youthful arts. 

...can't....I live in the 'burbs so she'd tag me as an "outside agitator".............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...can't....I live in the 'burbs so she'd tag me as an "outside agitator".............

I’m just the idea guy, but dammit because you were the 50%. 😂

Forgive me just a second because I know you’ve shared your background.  If I have it right, you’ve spent you career working in/around or with union tradesman, correct?  I know you’re CFO or the like these days, and just had a question on some reports that some unions are planning disruptions as the election nears.  Just wanted feedback from an insider. 

Am I close on all this? 

36 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

It's a known condition for PCP side effects and was the EMT diagnosis in the scene.  Good luck getting a murder conviction based on medical evidence and history

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m just the idea guy, but dammit because you were the 50%. 😂

Forgive me just a second because I know you’ve shared your background.  If I have it right, you’ve spent you career working in/around or with union tradesman, correct?  I know you’re CFO or the like these days, and just had a question on some reports that some unions are planning disruptions as the election nears.  Just wanted feedback from an insider. 

Am I close on all this? 

nicely done bro...no feedback from our Union members......and we deal with 15+ Unions across four states.......doubt there would be a member supported backlash...many have been through enough, especially my PA and NJ operations that were virtually shut down (we we a NYS Essential business ongoing vs PA & NJ).....for example, one of my top NJ electricians earned $262,000+ in regular/OT pay as well as benefits that we pay according to Union Agreement (NJ scale is off the charts versus NY or PA, VA, etc).....care to upset THAT?......

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

nicely done bro...no feedback from our Union members......and we deal with 15+ Unions across four states.......doubt there would be a member supported backlash...many have been through enough, especially my PA and NJ operations that were virtually shut down (we we a NYS Essential business ongoing vs PA & NJ).....for example, one of my top NJ electricians earned $262,000+ in regular/OT pay as well as benefits that we pay according to Union Agreement (NJ scale is off the charts versus NY or PA, VA, etc).....care to upset THAT?......

Apologies as I asked and got on the phone with my father-in-law about building items.  Long convo, now I have to run out—more on this later tonight.  Stay safe in Rochester! 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ALF said:

Not murder , I don't see intent to cause harm just poor judgement how to restrain someone on pcp 

My understanding is that EMT were on the scene and the cops were following procedure, especially with a psychotic guy, who was spitting on them at the height of Covid in NYS.  

I've been following this story locally.

Mr. Prude died in hospital on March 30. A week earlier on March 22nd he was taken to UR/ Strong Memorial hospital for treatment in the Psych Ward of the hospital due to a psychotic episode. He was evaluated for less than 4 hrs and released, with no treatment. This is the same university/ hospital system that loves to virtue signal all of the evils of society. They have strangely been silent since it came out that Mr. Prude was in their care earlier in the day and released to his own devices despite having an acute psychotic episode.

Between his release and the footage that is now the news, Mr. Prude got high on PCP, ran out into the 19th Ward, got naked and started smashing out local windows. His brother had called RPD for a welfare check/ detainment. One RPD unit was speaking with Mr. Prude's brother, while another unit apprehended him in the street.

While confronted by the RPD, Mr. Prude claimed to have COVID and started spitting on the officers. That is when the spit hood went on. Mr. Prude did not die on the scene, he died a week later in the hospital. It is believed he had a heart attack during the interaction with police. A county autopsy in mid-April determined that the manner of death was homicide, and found that Mr. Prude, 41, had suffered “complications of asphyxia,” with the PCP a contributing factor.

I'm not generally a fan of the NYT but this seems to be a very good coverage of the whole situation starting with the train trip from Chicago to being kicked off of Amtrack in Buffalo all the way through the news release last week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/nyregion/rochester-police-daniel-prude.html

Everything after that looks like a bad coverup by the RPD/ Locust Club (RPD Union)/ Mayor/ City Council/ Attorney General and Governor.

I thought Democrats were the party of change and equality? If so why did a Democrat Mayor, a Democrat city council, a Democrat DA and a Democrat governor cover all of this up since March, April at the latest (Autopsy)? I want a lefty/ Democrat to answer this question. What is the justification?

I thought we needed more diversity as a shield against these abuses and cover-ups? Black mayor, diverse city council, black RPD Chief, black attorney general. All complicit in the cover up.

I thought the U of R was a 'progressive institution'. The U of R loves to tell the community how smart it is and how progressive it is and never misses a chance to virtue signal any 'hot topic'. They left a man with acute psychosis back on the streets after 4 hours.

Seeing this as a mixed person, I can't begin to explain the hypocrisy in all of this. Mr. Prude's brother was trying everything he could think of to get his brother help.

It sure looks to me like the mental health system let Mr. Prude down. That does happen, and the Police are often left to pick up the pieces. Sadly that happens, but then to try and cover it all up. Sick. I am the Uncle Tom and traitor for asking questions about Democrat motives. After this situation some people, some who treated me worst are starting to ask questions. All I can do is hope to help them ask more questions. Maybe the failure to help Mr. Prude can at least open up some real dialogue about exactly who is helping the black and brown community.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Good thing schools do not indoctrinate. Spencerport High School assistant principal:

Worth stating again...one of the primary topics for the November election, in its simplest form: the Dems are all in on defunding police while the GOP has made efforts for police reform (via Tim Scott) that have been ignored by the DNC.

Love cops? Vote Trump. Hate cops? Vote Biden.

Clear as day.

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I thought Democrats were the party of change and equality? If so why did a Democrat Mayor, a Democrat city council, a Democrat DA and a Democrat governor cover all of this up since March, April at the latest (Autopsy)? I want a lefty/ Democrat to answer this question. What is the justification?

Good luck with that. :lol:

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Worth stating again...one of the primary topics for the November election, in its simplest form: the Dems are all in on defunding police while the GOP has made efforts for police reform (via Tim Scott) that have been ignored by the DNC.

Love cops? Vote Trump. Hate cops? Vote Biden.

Clear as day.

Good luck with that. :lol:

It is frustrating. With this situation we clearly see a breakdown. The breakdown has nothing to do with race. It has to do with mental health. A lot of 'police violence' does. 'Suicide by Police' is among the top leaders of death by Police. My first degree is in Psychology. I earned it in the late 1990's when the thought was that pills would fix everything. It is ridiculous to think that a person with irrational thought patterns will rationally take medication on a regular schedule, yet the institutions were closed down by the left because they were all 'inhumane.'

What is humane about expecting mentally ill people to afford and take a number of prescriptions?

What is humane about leaving family members to pick up the pieces and try to manage their family members episodes?

What is humane about people self medicating and leading to overdose?

What is humane about being homeless and drug addicted?

What is humane about being naked in the street, on PCP and left to the police to deal with?

Don't bother asking a lefty. That would require self reflection and admitting that maybe a good intention led to a terrible result.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I've been following this story locally.

Mr. Prude died in hospital on March 30. A week earlier on March 22nd he was taken to UR/ Strong Memorial hospital for treatment in the Psych Ward of the hospital due to a psychotic episode. He was evaluated for less than 4 hrs and released, with no treatment. This is the same university/ hospital system that loves to virtue signal all of the evils of society. They have strangely been silent since it came out that Mr. Prude was in their care earlier in the day and released to his own devices despite having an acute psychotic episode.

Between his release and the footage that is now the news, Mr. Prude got high on PCP, ran out into the 19th Ward, got naked and started smashing out local windows. His brother had called RPD for a welfare check/ detainment. One RPD unit was speaking with Mr. Prude's brother, while another unit apprehended him in the street.

While confronted by the RPD, Mr. Prude claimed to have COVID and started spitting on the officers. That is when the spit hood went on. Mr. Prude did not die on the scene, he died a week later in the hospital. It is believed he had a heart attack during the interaction with police. A county autopsy in mid-April determined that the manner of death was homicide, and found that Mr. Prude, 41, had suffered “complications of asphyxia,” with the PCP a contributing factor.

I'm not generally a fan of the NYT but this seems to be a very good coverage of the whole situation starting with the train trip from Chicago to being kicked off of Amtrack in Buffalo all the way through the news release last week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/nyregion/rochester-police-daniel-prude.html

Everything after that looks like a bad coverup by the RPD/ Locust Club (RPD Union)/ Mayor/ City Council/ Attorney General and Governor.

I thought we needed more diversity as a shield against these abuses and cover-ups? Black mayor, diverse city council, black RPD Chief, black attorney general. All complicit in the cover up.

I thought the U of R was a 'progressive institution'. The U of R loves to tell the community how smart it is and how progressive it is and never misses a chance to virtue signal any 'hot topic'. They left a man with acute psychosis back on the streets after 4 hours.

Seeing this as a mixed person, I can't begin to explain the hypocrisy in all of this. Mr. Prude's brother was trying everything he could think of to get his brother help.

It sure looks to me like the mental health system let Mr. Prude down. That does happen, and the Police are often left to pick up the pieces. Sadly that happens, but then to try and cover it all up. Sick. I am the Uncle Tom and traitor for asking questions about Democrat motives. After this situation some people, some who treated me worst are starting to ask questions. All I can do is hope to help them ask more questions. Maybe the failure to help Mr. Prude can at least open up some real dialogue about exactly who is helping the black and brown community.

...DEAD ON friend......if, IF correct, too much time elapsed from the March 2020 incident versus where the Mayor alleges to have first heard August 4....how could there possibly be a five month disconnect between her office and the RPD Chief, who is also black, both of which are now subjected to resignation demands?......

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...DEAD ON friend......if, IF correct, too much time elapsed from the March 2020 incident versus where the Mayor alleges to have first heard August 4....how could there possibly be a five month disconnect between her office and the RPD Chief, who is also black, both of which are now subjected to resignation demands?......

The truth coming out could lead to riots and did . The truth could lead to resignation demands . Damn 2020 the year from hell

• Like (+1) 1

Rochester, New York Is Now Trying To Turn Into Portland

by Jazz Shaw

Original Article

While this story hasn’t garnered as much national attention as George Floyd or Jason Blake, it’s quickly picking up steam. Back in March of this year, Daniel Prude, a 41-year-old Black man from Rochester, New York, died after being taken into police custody. The fact that he was naked in the middle of a street (obviously unarmed) and that the police had put a bag over his head until he was apparently asphyxiated made for an ugly set of visuals. He was pronounced brain dead at a local hospital and died roughly one week later. Recently, video of Prude’s arrest showed up in the media

More at the link:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

The truth coming out could lead to riots and did . The truth could lead to resignation demands . Damn 2020 the year from hell

..but Mayor "Lovely" was adamant in her pressers that the riots and destruction " were NOT the actions of Rochester community residents.....these were outsiders"....of the 35 + arrested so far, residence is ROCHESTER NY...how lovely "Lovely"...SMH....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Excited (or agitated) delirium is characterized by agitation, aggression, acute distress and sudden death, often in the pre-hospital care setting. It is typically associated with the use of drugs that alter dopamine processing, hyperthermia, and, most notably, sometimes with death of the affected person in the custody of law enforcement: quote from here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088378/

In other words, the PCP caused his death. The PCP caused the excited delirium.  PCP also caused him to act irrational and spit at the officers. So I guess you can argue that the PCP caused the officers to be forced to put the spit hood on his head. Once again, not a race problem but a drug problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

This is what bothers me most. Dems at the Attorney General level and above (Governor) knew about this in April. The autopsy was in April, and ruled a HOMICIDE. So May, June, July no word from fellow Democrat leadership. Just sweep it under the rug.... After all dictator Cuomo looks good in the national press dealing with COVID. We couldn't have a 'racial police' killing muck all of that up.... Those things happen in other states not under the benevolent leadership of Cuomo.

Let's say the Mayor didn't know until August 4th as claimed. Still a month later.... no word, still a cover up. That is no excuse. The RPD/RPD Union/ Mayor didn't know? Really? Are we expected to be this dumb?

Acknowledge the situation and event. I don't think Mr. Prude died to police activity, but they should have and could have treated him more humanely. They should have been in communication with the unit at Mr. Prude's brother's house. The could have covered him. They could have put a jacket on him. Treat him like a sick and maybe psychotic human, but still a human being. I blame the RPD for being callous, but not as racially profiling murderers.

It's also frustrating that such a 'progressive institution' like the U of R should have treated him properly when brought into the psych ward. Nope, catch and release. It is NYS way. His family was trying to get him help, and the U of R failed him first. The blame is now put on the police. The police are not psychologists, Strong Memorial has psychologists. Why was he released? Silence from Strong. Why did such a progressive institution refuse him help?

Nothing. Crickets. I may have an internal release I can leak....

I feel worst for Mr. Prude and his family, and now the police officers suspended. All of us and them are on the front line. Cr@p flows down hill. From the governors office to the NYS AG to the Mayor's office to the RPD chief. To us. We are left with the results.

This is all under the auspices of Democrats and Black American power brokers. It is sickening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Excited (or agitated) delirium is characterized by agitation, aggression, acute distress and sudden death, often in the pre-hospital care setting. It is typically associated with the use of drugs that alter dopamine processing, hyperthermia, and, most notably, sometimes with death of the affected person in the custody of law enforcement: quote from here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088378/

In other words, the PCP caused his death. The PCP caused the excited delirium.  PCP also caused him to act irrational and spit at the officers. So I guess you can argue that the PCP caused the officers to be forced to put the spit hood on his head. Once again, not a race problem but a drug problem. 

He was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital earlier in the day for a 'Psychotic Episode'. SMH released him 4 hrs later without treatment.

He was released to his family and then the streets, with a psychotic episode (manifested in Buffalo on an Amtrack train).

The 'socially progressive' U of R and Strong Hospital let him go.

A few hours later he was found naked, in the streets, smashing windows on PCP.

This cover up was designed to protect Andrew Cuomo, and U of R/ Strong Hospital.

The Police should have never had to deal with this issue.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

This is what bothers me most. Dems at the Attorney General level and above (Governor) knew about this in April. The autopsy was in April, and ruled a HOMICIDE. So May, June, July no word from fellow Democrat leadership. Just sweep it under the rug.... After all dictator Cuomo looks good in the national press dealing with COVID. We couldn't have a 'racial police' killing muck all of that up.... Those things happen in other states not under the benevolent leadership of Cuomo.

Let's say the Mayor didn't know until August 4th as claimed. Still a month later.... no word, still a cover up. That is no excuse. The RPD/RPD Union/ Mayor didn't know? Really? Are we expected to be this dumb?

Acknowledge the situation and event. I don't think Mr. Prude died to police activity, but they should have and could have treated him more humanely. They should have been in communication with the unit at Mr. Prude's brother's house. The could have covered him. They could have put a jacket on him. Treat him like a sick and maybe psychotic human, but still a human being. I blame the RPD for being callous, but not as racially profiling murderers.

It's also frustrating that such a 'progressive institution' like the U of R should have treated him properly when brought into the psych ward. Nope, catch and release. It is NYS way. His family was trying to get him help, and the U of R failed him first. The blame is now put on the police. The police are not psychologists, Strong Memorial has psychologists. Why was he released? Silence from Strong. Why did such a progressive institution refuse him help?

Nothing. Crickets. I may have an internal release I can leak....

I feel worst for Mr. Prude and his family, and now the police officers suspended. All of us and them are on the front line. Cr@p flows down hill. From the governors office to the NYS AG to the Mayor's office to the RPD chief. To us. We are left with the results.

This is all under the auspices of Democrats and Black American power brokers. It is sickening.

Agree 100% with what you are saying. Agree that RPD has been known for a while as a very crooked department. All that said we need to be aware that the spit hood cannot cause asphyxiation.  Here is a description of what they are from the NYT. Also very little known is hospitals also used these to protect themselves from combatant patients. From NYT: 

What is a spit hood?

A spit hood, or spit guard, is a loose, breathable fabric sack that can be placed over a person’s head to prevent them from biting or spitting.

There are many designs, but the hoods usually are made of a porous, breathable fabric, often a mesh that allows officers to see the suspect’s face. Many hoods have an elastic band designed to stay loosely secured around a person’s neck.

The devices are intended to keep an emotionally disturbed person from biting or spitting on an officer, not just to prevent the spread of diseases but also to avoid other injuries.

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

He was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital earlier in the day for a 'Psychotic Episode'. SMH released him 4 hrs later without treatment.

He was released to his family and then the streets, with a psychotic episode (manifested in Buffalo on an Amtrack train).

The 'socially progressive' U of R and Strong Hospital let him go.

A few hours later he was found naked, in the streets, smashing windows on PCP.

This cover up was designed to protect Andrew Cuomo, and U of R/ Strong Hospital.

The Police should have never had to deal with this issue.

Agree. Top down failure more then the failure of the officers.

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1