BLM protest happening.....

Westside

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He didn't admit guilt and I didn't say that he did, though.

All I said is that he was at the helm of the cover-up, which he was by 1) acting as chief when the coverup took place 2) directly participating by lying about the cause of death and circumstances surrounding ti to the mayor.

Are you disputing that he was chief or that he told the mayor that Prude died of overdose? Has Singletary even disputed that claim?

So, it is just your opinion versus a fact proven by statement or investigation of Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

He didn't admit guilt and I didn't say that he did, though.

All I said is that he was at the helm of the cover-up, which he was by 1) acting as chief when the coverup took place 2) directly participating by lying about the cause of death and circumstances surrounding it to the mayor.

Are you disputing that he was chief or that he told the mayor that Prude died of overdose? Has Singletary even disputed that claim?

This is to say nothing of the actual murder that took place under his watch.

Have you already convicted him without his day in court? What you have are opinions, not facts. Let them have there day in court,if guilty, they should be punished, if not, they should be set free. Are you for or against them having there day in court?

4 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Have you already convicted him without his day in court? What you have are opinions, not facts. Let them have there day in court,if guilty, they should be punished, if not, they should be set free. Are you for or against them having there day in court?

Osama Bin Ladin was never convicted, what you say about that 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, westside2 said:

What day in court? I didn't call for his arrest. Not that he shouldn't be. You don't have to be guilty in order to be asked to resign.

The public was never told what happened until video evidence came out about it. I'm not sure what angle you guys are trying to push here. Exactly what part of this is up for debate?

What the mayor said she was told?
What the coroner ruled as cause of death?
What was hidden from the public surrounding the details of the incident? 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Barack Obama gave the order to take him out then give Bin Laden a burial at sea without regards to Bin Laden's beliefs.  What you say about that?

Religion is a lie we tell children to get them to behave. Some people never grow out of it.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What day in court? I didn't call for his arrest. Not that he shouldn't be. You don't have to be guilty in order to be asked to resign.

The public was never told what happened until video evidence came out about it. I'm not sure what angle you guys are trying to push here. Exactly what part of this is up for debate?

Religion is a lie we tell children to get them to behave. Some people never grow out of it.

It's all about who knew what and when did they know it.  If the mayor knew about Singletary's statement and sat on it for months is she not also guilty of a coverup?  

So a person should be denied final disposition in a manner of their choosing such as burial on land versus an arbitrary decision by an outsider?  

It's all about who knew what and when did they know it.  If the mayor knew about Singletary's statement and sat on it for months is she not also guilty of a coverup?  

Of course. Didn't say she wasn't.

So a person should be denied final disposition in a manner of their choosing such as burial on land versus an arbitrary decision by an outsider?  

War is messy. Was it the right thing to do? Who can say? If it caused less escalation than alternative approaches, then maybe it was the right thing to do. Ultimately I don't really care though. A dead body is just matter. In the ground, in the sea, or burned to ash, it's all the same. Of course there's general decorum, but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Of course. Didn't say she wasn't.

War is messy. Was it the right thing to do? Who can say? If it caused less escalation than alternative approaches, then maybe it was the right thing to do. Ultimately I don't really care though. A dead body is just matter. In the ground, in the sea, or burned to ash, it's all the same. Of course there's general decorum, but that's about it.

Probably best for witnesses to give testimony in court to nail down what specifically happened and when along with any other evidence such as a coroner's report.

I don't have a problem with Obama's handling of this but was addressing what Tiberius said.

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The part up for debate is you saying he covered it up. Stop trying to change the subject. You made the accusations, I'm just asking you to back it up.

35 minutes ago, westside2 said:

The part up for debate is you saying he covered it up. Stop trying to change the subject. You made the accusations, I'm just asking you to back it up.

I backed it up with the statement from the mayor that he lied that Prude died of a drug overdose instead of the homicide the coroner ruled. I never once changed the subject from that point. 

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THIS WILL END WELL FOR THE CITIZENS OF ROCHESTER: 

Rochester PD’s ‘entire command staff’ retires amid protests.

Rochester’s last Republican mayor left office at the end of 1973.

Good GIFs | Tenor

Rochester Diners Terrorized by BLM, and the Restaurant Sides With the Rioters? 

“But even more shocking is that the owners of the three restaurants affected by the rioters issued a statement of support—not for their customers, but for the criminals who terrorized their patrons and destroyed their property. 

This is not a joke.”

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“But even more shocking is that the owners of the three restaurants affected by the rioters issued a statement of support—not for their customers, but for the criminals who terrorized their patrons and destroyed their property. 

This is not a joke.”

Some people have love and understanding for things other than the mighty dollar. It does not mean that they dislike customers, it does not mean this was not important to them, but they see bigger issues.

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is not a joke.”

So, then they weren't "terrorized" at all?