Bengals sign RB Joe Mixon to 4yr 48 million extension

Greg S

Never pay running backs....UNLESS they’re generational talents like Christian McCaffrey.

Is Mixon on that level? We shall see.

The Bills most expensive RB is Taiwan Jones.

Draft a 3rd round running back every three years. Rinse and repeat.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thanks for informing me of this!

I shouldn't have gone all Captain Obvious but the battle between the Ravens and Steelers is always fun to watch. Probably the best rivalry in football for the longest time now.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I shouldn't have gone all Captain Obvious but the battle between the Ravens and Steelers is always fun to watch. Probably the best rivalry in football for the longest time now.

? no worries.  I agree, it’s the best rivalry in football and that they will likely Duke it out for the division again this year. I think the browns may make it a 3 team race if Stefanski Isn’t terrible

Mixon to me is just a guy that’s there.  He does the job, but I forget he’s still in the league.  

12 mil seems a bit much to me.  I agree with the drafting and rotating RB method unless you find a top 5 game changer 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Mixon to me is just a guy that’s there.  He does the job, but I forget he’s still in the league.  

12 mil seems a bit much to me.  I agree with the drafting and rotating RB method unless you find a top 5 game changer 

I am almost never a fan of paying RBs.  Mixon is a good back, but I’m with you on this.  I don’t see him as close to the 5th (total contract value) or 6th (AAV) best back in the league though.  Bengals gotta Bengal I guess. 

I agree with not overpaying RBs and instead just recycling them through the draft, but I think folks in this thread are overlooking Mixon.

Per ESPN...

• He's one of four RBs with at least 1,400 yards from scrimmage in both of the last two years (Zeke, McCaffrey, Saquon)
  • 5th in the NFL in yards after contact since his rookie season in 2017
  • Has the league's 7th-most rushing yards since the start of the 2018 season
  • Has not fumbled on 593 touches since 2018

And this is on a team with one of the worst OLs in the league. 

Edited by junior12thman92
  • Like (+1) 3