Flynndicated

17 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Putin authorized his new contract, so DR can afford to remain in the basement and order Uber eats and cheetos. 

Et tu, Billy?  

When do you guys put away the yearbook and get on with your lives?  We have Frankish lamenting the lack of emotional reparations from a person no longer here, the board's resident bottom feeder making wild and unsubstantiated accusations that the long gone postar has mysteriously reanimated as an unspecified poster, and SC3 making unsubstantiated accusations that I'm Q and perhaps JFK the second as well. 

Maybe you're right--maybe DR is eating cheetos in the basement of his new home, but if he is, he most certainly is not alone.  There is clearly plenty of systemic crazy to go around here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We have Frankish lamenting the lack of emotional reparations from a person no longer here,

No, I’m just regretful that I can’t LAUGH OUT LOUD at the fools who fell for the most preposterous conspiracy theory ever. 
Now we all know some others did too,

but they’ve tried to maintain plausible deniability. Life is more fun with avowed conspiracy nuts around! (COVID conspiracists coming on strong though, so there is hope)

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, I’m just regretful that I can’t LAUGH OUT LOUD at the fools who fell for the most preposterous conspiracy theory ever. 
Now we all know some others did too,

but they’ve tried to maintain plausible deniability. Life is more fun with avowed conspiracy nuts around! (COVID conspiracists coming on strong though, so there is hope)

Maybe I got confused when you mentioned you were deserving of an apology from a person no longer here.

This isn't a contest, of course, but I thought the most preposterous theory of all was Trump being a Russian secret agent.  Sure, there was the obvious fingerprints of a politically motivated committee investigations like Russia/Ukraine/Flynndoctrination and now 1/6, but what made it so preposterous was having the highest ranking democratic politicians running the game.  For the politically naive, I guess I can understand absolute belief in Biden, Pelosi et al, but geesh, come on.  

DR, of course, called that debacle very early on, and there was a whole buncha numbnuttery here talking up how Trump was going down, and how crazy DR was not to see it.  He didn't, and if I recall correctly, you said you didn't buy that story from the get go. Good for you.   

Interestingly, while I recognized the crazy insinuation made, and Trump's status as a beloved media figure up until the escalator that took him to Republican politics, I really assumed they must have some serious, serious goods on Trump to even float the treason bubble, and never would have anticipated an absolute skunking of Team Treason and Mueller babbling like a Biden in a hearing. 

Oh well, Frankish, we all have our sacred cows of indignation.  

47 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Maybe I got confused when you mentioned you were deserving of an apology from a person no longer here.

This isn't a contest, of course, but I thought the most preposterous theory of all was Trump being a Russian secret agent.  Sure, there was the obvious fingerprints of a politically motivated committee investigations like Russia/Ukraine/Flynndoctrination and now 1/6, but what made it so preposterous was having the highest ranking democratic politicians running the game.  For the politically naive, I guess I can understand absolute belief in Biden, Pelosi et al, but geesh, come on.  

DR, of course, called that debacle very early on, and there was a whole buncha numbnuttery here talking up how Trump was going down, and how crazy DR was not to see it.  He didn't, and if I recall correctly, you said you didn't buy that story from the get go. Good for you.   

Interestingly, while I recognized the crazy insinuation made, and Trump's status as a beloved media figure up until the escalator that took him to Republican politics, I really assumed they must have some serious, serious goods on Trump to even float the treason bubble, and never would have anticipated an absolute skunking of Team Treason and Mueller babbling like a Biden in a hearing. 

Oh well, Frankish, we all have our sacred cows of indignation.  

There’s something just a wee bit different about “The Trump-Putin Mutual Admiration Society may go so far as to involve Russian attempts

to influence our election” and “The world is run by a baby-eating cabal involving the Clintons and certainly various Jewish financiers and possibly the Pope.” I mean, just a teensy bit different in the way that one might be considered “unproven speculation” and the other should be considered “crazy batshit nonsense.”

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There’s something just a wee bit different about “The Trump-Putin Mutual Admiration Society may go so far as to involve Russian attempts

to influence our election” and “The world is run by a baby-eating cabal involving the Clintons and certainly various Jewish financiers and possibly the Pope.” I mean, just a teensy bit different in the way that one might be considered “unproven speculation” and the other should be considered “crazy batshit nonsense.”

No, they were both crazy batshit nonsense.  It just took awhile for some to realize it (and some still haven't)...

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, they were both crazy batshit nonsense.  It just took awhile for some to realize it (and some still haven't)...

Yes. Believing your political opponent engages in satanic ritual killings of babies to harvest their bodily fluids to consume and thereby imbue themselves with special powers is JUST THE SAME as believing your opponents are trying to get foreign governments to help you get elected. 

I think I’ve just outed a couple more Q enthusiasts!

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I saw it more as "Let's Recycle Joseph McCarthy's Red Scare Approach to Politics And Remove a President From Office and ^%$# the millions of citizens who voted for him because the millions of people who voted for our guy don't give a ^%$# how we get him out of office" v "Let's Capitalize on the Rampant Distrust of the Political Process By Creating a Story About Politics and Trafficking" scenario. Both had their true believers, but the number of folks in the "Yup, Trump must be a Roosky" tribe dwarfed the other in numbers.  

But, I certainly can understand you minimizing the assault on the democratic process (the first one, where we know the perpetrators and the abject failure of the attempt,  not the second one, ironically being run by the same people who ran the first one) given the perspective you shared today.  

As I said, we all have our sacred cows.  

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes. Believing your political opponent engages in satanic ritual killings of babies to harvest their bodily fluids to consume and thereby imbue themselves with special powers is JUST THE SAME as believing your opponents are trying to get foreign governments to help you get elected. 

I think I’ve just outed a couple more Q enthusiasts!

Or, more likely, you're really gullible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I saw it more as "Let's Recycle Joseph McCarthy's Red Scare Approach to Politics And Remove a President From Office and ^%$# the millions of citizens who voted for him because the millions of people who voted for our guy don't give a ^%$# how we get him out of office" v "Let's Capitalize on the Rampant Distrust of the Political Process By Creating a Story About Politics and Trafficking" scenario. Both had their true believers, but the number of folks in the "Yup, Trump must be a Roosky" tribe dwarfed the other in numbers.  

But, I certainly can understand you minimizing the assault on the democratic process (the first one, where we know the perpetrators and the abject failure of the attempt,  not the second one, ironically being run by the same people who ran the first one) given the perspective you shared today.  

As I said, we all have our sacred cows.  

You are ignoring the clear insanity of the Q adherents. This is not “the Clintons tried to manufacture a false narrative about Trump; Trump tried to manufacture one on Hillary; It’s all the same type of political dirty trick.” Maybe that’s what you believe. I disagree, but that’s not insane. 
The baby eating thing is really what at least one former frequent commenter (and presumably some of his fellow travelers) really believed. I mean, really, really thought he had unearthed through his own “research” and the “research” of his confederates. 
If you won’t admit that it is unhinged,

well, there’s really no point in arguing here. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

You are ignoring the clear insanity of the Q adherents. This is not “the Clintons tried to manufacture a false narrative about Trump; Trump tried to manufacture one on Hillary; It’s all the same type of political dirty trick.” Maybe that’s what you believe. I disagree, but that’s not insane. 
The baby eating thing is really what at least one former frequent commenter (and presumably some of his fellow travelers) really believed. I mean, really, really thought he had unearthed through his own “research” and the “research” of his confederates. 
If you won’t admit that it is unhinged,

well, there’s really no point in arguing here. 

I'm not arguing.  I spent virtually no time on the Q portion of this board, have no idea what is at the core of the Q phenomenon--you mentioned Satanic rites and baby blood, the most I ever heard was that powerful individuals in business and govt were abusing people/children and covering for each other.  I generally defer to that which seems most logical usually is...and it seemed highly unlikely to me there was a secret cabal of political human traffikers.  If, as you suggest, the argument was that Hillary Clinton drank babies blood, I agree completely that it is unhinged thinking.  

As for your comparison that Trump and his campaign slogans equal the $40m/3 year/Kick The Doors in/Take No Prisoners Russia tribunal, well, I can only say you're naive and no friend to the democratic process as I see it.  It's McCarthyism 2.0.    I'd compare "Lock Her Up" by Team Trump and "Trump's A Racist" and "His Supporters are Deplorable" on the Clinton side and acknowledge they are two sides of the same ugly coin. Unreasonable at times...though let's not pretend that Clinton's actions weren't criminal.  Comey unilaterally decided to disregard the conduct for reasons known only to him.   In that regard, "LOCK HER UP" was a brilliant tactic, based on fact and the perception that the rich and powerful get away with things the rest of us do not.  Virtually everyone agrees on that, across the board, bar none, mostly because it's true. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I watched the Frontline Flynn show. It was good. He’s gone completely batty. The producers show how the batty tendencies were always there, but I fail to understand how this nice Irish Catholic boy suddenly turned into an evangelical, apocalyptic prophet of the fringe “religious” conspiratorialists. He now resides in that fertile (and apparently lucrative) ground that monetizes a special blend of true paranoia and utter bs. 

On 10/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

I watched the Frontline Flynn show. It was good. He’s gone completely batty. The producers show how the batty tendencies were always there, but I fail to understand how this nice Irish Catholic boy suddenly turned into an evangelical, apocalyptic prophet of the fringe “religious” conspiratorialists. He now resides in that fertile (and apparently lucrative) ground that monetizes a special blend of true paranoia and utter bs. 

Might be as simple as money.  Making money off the loons.

9 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Might be as simple as money.  Making money off the loons.

Bingo - he learned from Trump - grift grift grift because their pathetic simps will buy anything they sell em… and they don’t care what damage they do to our nation.

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Bingo - he learned from Trump - grift grift grift because their pathetic simps will buy anything they sell em… and they don’t care what damage they do to our nation.

It's always a tough call with conservatives,  crazy or grift?

Should be a game show eh?   

Too bad the party has fallen so far.  I think the right being so batshiite right now has caused the left to do dumb things and champion poor causes.

Edited by L Ron Burgundy
  • Like (+1) 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Et tu, Billy?  

When do you guys put away the yearbook and get on with your lives?  We have Frankish lamenting the lack of emotional reparations from a person no longer here, the board's resident bottom feeder making wild and unsubstantiated accusations that the long gone postar has mysteriously reanimated as an unspecified poster, and SC3 making unsubstantiated accusations that I'm Q and perhaps JFK the second as well. 

Maybe you're right--maybe DR is eating cheetos in the basement of his new home, but if he is, he most certainly is not alone.  There is clearly plenty of systemic crazy to go around here. 

DR can sit in his basement. He is currently on strike.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

This guy is an embarrassment to the United States military

I’m still trying to figure out how he got to the position he was in

It’s not uncommon in the military to have whack jobs but usually they get found out along the way, making it through the ranks. I worked for an operations officer, who all we did all day long was close his office door and get on the right wing talking shows in the area on military time

Everybody hated him, and eventually he was demoted and forced to retire

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 3

.@RobertKennedyJr you are correct in stating there must be necessary reforms in our various agencies, but those reforms you describe are not what we need.

For us to create a domestic and an international intelligence and espionage capability, we must start first with a mission that matches our constitution and aligns with an acceptable culture that is based on values and principles that are acceptable to our American way of life. And these must then be rigorously adhered to.

Once these are brought into alignment, then we can begin to fix the lines and the blocks of various organizational charts.

Moving boxes and creating walls furthers the current ability of those elected & unelected bureaucrats who wish to usurp the constitution and disregard the rule of law.

National security is the sole responsibility of the POTUS…that is where the buck stops. If you walk in with your current paradigm, these out of control agencies will laugh in your face, still cash their large black program checks, and wait you out or worse, completely undermine your presidency.

It is high time for severe government reform…any future POTUS, you, @realDonaldTrump or anyone, must be prepared to face headwinds that would stop an aircraft carrier in its own wake on a dime.

Lastly, regardless of where you or others stand, a future POTUS must acknowledge that all federal “intelligence” and “law enforcement” agencies are deeply compromised. The next America First POTUS must move quickly to correct this problem.

Trust me, there are too many foreign agents freely operating inside of our country and they all have domestic enablers. These compromised “leaders” are why we have as many of the problems we have dating as far back as WWII.

If we continue to allow foreign networks to operate with impunity because of certain domestic enablers, and these are not immediately shutdown, America is doomed.

There is a way out of this valley of the shadow of darkness. There are good, clear solutions to all problems…what feels impossible is simply a starting point.

God Bless America

***** off @BillStime

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/12/2023 at 7:56 AM, Wacka said:

DR can sit in his basement. He is currently on strike.

I forgot about that - our formerly resident screenwriter. Hollywood producers should expect an increase in the number of unsolicited convoluted UFO and espionage/conspiracy scripts just as soon as the strike ends. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1