Leslie Frazier provides updates on defensive position battles

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

After hearing that Vosean was looking slow in the scrimmage and now that he has had reduced reps due to injury....PS in his future I expect.

I was looking forward to seeing what we had in this kid, but thus far the injury bug has been his biggest enemy.  Hopefully he can get right on the PS this year, but the clock is ticking on his "tryout" for the NFL... one season lost, now a second TC... not looking good, he really needs to impress as a practice player and year 3 will be make or break for him sneaking onto a 53 or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I was looking forward to seeing what we had in this kid, but thus far the injury bug has been his biggest enemy.  Hopefully he can get right on the PS this year, but the clock is ticking on his "tryout" for the NFL... one season lost, now a second TC... not looking good, he really needs to impress as a practice player and year 3 will be make or break for him sneaking onto a 53 or not. 

I thought he could’ve been a little bit of a find based on his Pedegree, but I haven’t seen a single report that indicates that he is. Tyrel Dodson has been getting strong feedback and it sounds like he’s going to stick if he is playing the back up mike.

• Like (+1) 2

AJ Klein has been missing from these "notable" reports. I'm not reading into that or saying he won't show up in season, it's just he literally took over Zo's place on the 53 and some decent money was paid, so the absence of information at this point with the season just a couple weeks away, seems odd. However, maybe he was Chris Brown's mole inside the locker room and the Bills are keeping Klein in the same vault as Brown...? 

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

due to his growth and good job as a decision-maker.

or is that just coach speak? 

I liked another quote of his better:  Josh is making it difficult for us (the D) to create negative plays.

Sure, some of it is coachspeak but if Leslie wasn't impressed he could just say the same old things --- "making progress, continuing to learn, etc."  I think the statements are genuine.

The anti-Joshers are going to have some 'splaining to do once the games begin...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's gotta be tough for Beane to cut draft picks.  Guys like Joseph, Sweeney, Johnson Jr......they are under cost controlled rookie contracts that are voided the moment they are cut (not to mention all 3 of those guys could get claimed quickly).  That makes it hard on practice heroes like Mike Love and T. Smart to make the team.  

I hope they find a way to keep Darryl Johnson or Mike Love. 

I don’t like the idea of letting all of our young, improving edge players get away because we’re instead keeping three 30+ year old guys instead. That’s fine for this year, but they need to plan for the future, too.

Honestly, if Love or Johnson is really having a good camp, I’m fine with them cutting Murphy (who I like) and saving the $7mil and rolling it into next year.

I’d rather get Milano re-signed and keep Johnson or Love than have one more year of Murphy and wait on Milano out of necessity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I hope they find a way to keep Darryl Johnson or Mike Love. 

I don’t like the idea of letting all of our young, improving edge players get away because we’re instead keeping three 30+ year old guys instead. That’s fine for this year, but they need to plan for the future, too.

Honestly, if Love or Johnson is really having a good camp, I’m fine with them cutting Murphy (who I like) and saving the $7mil and rolling it into next year.

I’d rather get Milano re-signed and keep Johnson or Love than have one more year of Murphy and wait on Milano out of necessity.

To your point, unless Murphy is setting the world on fire in practice, he should get cut.  The upside of the cap savings outweighs his past performance on the field.  Johnson is the one to keep.

• Like (+1) 4