Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

Hey. He had a knife. He was not unarmed. He was tased. He broke free from physical control. And, again, he had a knife - while in close quarters confrontation with cops. Justified, all day..all night. If you want to resist the cops with a knife in your hand, you *will* get shot. 

While reading through the thread, I read the word “punishment” several times. He wasn’t shot as punishment. Courts are where punishment is meted out. He was shot to eliminate the articulable threat to the cops and others. For some reason, he wouldn’t accept following the cops commands so that he would have his day in court. Now, he will have his day in court while paralyzed. Dummy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

No. Your post is ridiculous.

Do what the cops tell you, and your odds of being shot almost disappear.

Hard to argue against that.  

Exactly. “Yes sir, officer.” “No sir, officer.” Show respect, don’t show attitude.... don’t be a ***** idiot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Good riddance to the NBA. Now, they can put those college degrees to work. Oh.. wait...

How long before owners say "good riddance" and put up "for sale" signs?

.....and not just in the NBA.

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

What about them? I’ll sure they have marketable skills and will be just fine.

Oh okay I’m sure that’s all you meant. Disregarding all the tradesmen across this country that don’t have college degrees and also do “just fine” you’re racism is still showing and you’re FOS.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Oh okay I’m sure that’s all you meant. Disregarding all the tradesmen across this country that don’t have college degrees and also do “just fine” you’re racism is still showing and you’re FOS.

Racism? You think that millionaire ex basketball players are going to enter into a trade for their next employment? I was making a joke about leaving college early, and not having a backup plan (degree) in order to keep up their lifestyles. Geez dude. Is it possible that you are the racist here?

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Is it possible that you are the racist here?

Racist? Unlikely. But appears you're being monitored.

Gee....I'm suddenly feeling paranoid. Pistol under the pillow tonight.?

Edited by I am the egg man

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

So in essence, you sanction state sponsored executions of citizens without due process when circumstances as determined by the executioners deem it necessary.

Dude you’re better than this. 

A police shooting isn’t an execution. It’s an act of self-defense or defense of another against an armed criminal the overwhelming percentage of the time, including the case relevant to the thread. 

This has gotten way past the point of ridiculous now. You don’t tackle an armed man who resisted arrest, you don’t wrestle with him, you don’t ***** around with him. You negotiate his weapon away from behind a gun and gain compliance until he refuses to negotiate anymore. In this case, the negotiations included the use of a taser that failed to compel compliance. 

Some basic ***** we’ve learned since the news broke on this one:

1. Police were called by Blake’s girlfriend who informed police that Blake was not welcome in her home. 
2. Police officers attempted to place Blake under arrest. Blake resisted. 
3. After he resisted arrest, a taser deployment was used without success. 
4.  A knife was recovered from the scene and Blake admitted to possessing the knife in interviews following the shooting. 

This ***** only gets more cut and dry if a cop ends up catching a bullet, which is the really ***** obvious goal of all this nonsense. Every single cop worth a damn that has the years in NYPD has put in his papers because they recognize that simple fact. 

Edited by LeviF91
  • Like (+1) 1