Horrible Harry...the forgotten man?

1 minute ago, billspro said:

They would have cut Star before Phillips. He is out best 1Tech and is a lock.

And take a $12M dead cap hit? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  He was playing very well and was arguably our best DT last year before getting hurt.  I’m convinced you don’t watch the games or are just always trying to stir the pot on every topic for your own amusement.  

I just want you to say here that Harrison Phillips was a better DT than Jordan Phillips last year. After that, we're all done in this thread. 

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I just want you to say here that Harrison Phillips was a better DT than Jordan Phillips last year. After that, we're all done in this thread. 

They play different positions so the comparison doesn’t make sense. He outplayed Star last year. They wouldn’t get rid of either of them. There is no way Beane is cutting young talent. He would take the 12M cap hit if forced to choose imo.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Jordan Phillips didn't emerge to make a real impact until AFTER Harry was hurt.  This shows just how uninformed you are and that you really have no idea what you are ever talking about.  

Jordan philips has 2 tackles TOTAL, no sacks, no QB pressures, no passes defended, and was a rotational guy BEHIND Harry while Harry was playing.

So I say AGAIN...Harry when he got hurt was playing very well and was playing as our best DT at the time of his injury.  So try again sport...because you've missed on every bullet you've tried to fire.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Jordan Phillips didn't emerge to make a real impact until AFTER Harry was hurt.  This shows just how uninformed you are and that you really have no idea what you are ever talking about.  

Jordan philips has 2 tackles TOTAL, no sacks, no QB pressures, no passes defended, and was a rotational guy BEHIND Harry while Harry was playing.

So I say AGAIN...Harry when he got hurt was playing very well and was playing as our best DT at the time of his injury.  So try again sport...because you've missed on every bullet you've tried to fire.  

So, is that a yes or a no?

At the time that he got hurt last year, Harry was outplaying Star at 1T and beginning to take snaps from him.

Comparing Jordan (3T) to Harry (1T) is useless since they play different positions.

Here’s hoping a Harry/Butler combo can hold it down at 1T this year.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

At the time that he got hurt last year, Harry was outplaying Star at 1T and beginning to take snaps from him.

Comparing Jordan (3T) to Harry (1T) is useless since they play different positions.

Here’s hoping a Harry/Butler combo can hold it down at 1T this year.

That's fine, but I didn't start the comparison, Alpha did by suggesting Harry was the best DT on the team with no qualifier about role.

This back and forth banter is great, but Horrible Harry is making this team unless his knee is not ready.  I’ll roll Bull with if his knee is not ready you’re point of the PS, but he wouldn’t have been medically cleared but the team doctors if he wasn’t ready.  I’d lay $ it is Jefferson, Butler, Oliver, and Horrible Harry.  Taylor is depth probably PS.  Harry knows the defense, has proven himself in 18, and the beginning of 19.

There is no doubt this guy was trained under Kyle, and Kyle raved about him.  If for some crazy reason he came back too early and not ready than to keep him they could PUP him, and he comes back In week 7.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I would not be surprised if he came back and played as he did before. Equally I would not be surprised if he is a shadow of the same guy and fails to make or stay on the roster. For me all possibilities are open with Harrison.

You sure have a lot of conviction LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow. It’s truly amazing how one boneheaded comment can derail a thread. 

This is the second time he’s had to overcome this and he’ll be fine...that comes from his own mouth. The man is driven to succeed in this league and I believe he’ll do so as he’s shown tremendous grit thus far. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Doc and Bull, you might both be right.  Seeing as Star had a medical opt out the cap hit that has to come off future owed $ is $150 k.  Then my understanding is they can push the current $ owed if retained or even if a dead cap hit is spread over 2 years the way the NFL reported so over 2021 and 2022 minus the $150 deducted from this year.  That’s just a forward, not free $.

That is my understanding of these new rules.

40 minutes ago, billspro said:

They would have cut Star before Phillips. He is our best 1Tech and is a lock.

McDermott and Star are good friends but there is something going on with this whole thing.

Maybe Star has lost his passion for the game or something else.  I get a feeling that he is about to pack in his career.

It would not shock me if after this Covid opt out season if he doesn't come to some sort of retirement agreement with Beane.

Edited by ColoradoBills

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You sure have a lot of conviction LOL

I do appreciate it is a statement of the bleeding obvious but there are a lot of people just presuming he will be back to full health and as good as before and I think that is a risky assumption. That's all. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I really think he was a long shot to even make the team before Star opted out, given how many DT's they've got. I think his chance to make the team is drastically improved now, but I just don't think he's been anything special so far. Kyle took a few years to get going, so there's still hope, but its far form a sure thing. They did just sign two more today, so they obviously aren't satisfied with what they have at the position.

I don’t think there is a single factually accurate thing about this post. Amazing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1