Gunner's roster thread.... 2020 style - UPDATED

GunnerBill

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:
  • If he clears waivers and resigns to the Practice Squad of his original Club, the player may not be elevated under the special Section 5 conditions for the remainder of that regular or postseason.

Thanks.  I read the claimed by other club part. 

Never mind then.  I have no idea what they're going to do.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks.  I read the claimed by other club part. 

Never mind then.  I have no idea what they're going to do.

I see a lot of the PS call ups happening as the season goes on and there are a number of nicked up players on the roster.

There could also be some done because of a certain match up that could be gained in regards to the opponent that week.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't see any team signing Webb to their 53 at cut down.

Webb to the PS for the Bills is almost a certain.

Makes sense.  My point was that there's little to no chance that Fromm beats out Barkley...

50 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'll say the same as I did before:

1. OL: winters is a lock, guaranteed money (no cap savings), and our best RG until Mongo is back

2. TE: Sweeney is either healthy, then makes the team OR he gets IRd.  He is not going to be released, id at least move him to Blue

3. DL: harrison phillips has always and will be making the team.  Dont get why he isn't a lock. by all accounts is looking good in TC and was off to a great season last year before injury

4. LB: Makatavech is a lock, not sure why he's blue.  He's our best ST guy and was specifically signed for that role (replace Zo).  I'd consider Thompson and Dodson "very blue" right now, as well

5. CB: Norman is a lock, if he misses any gamete that's still.to be seen, but he's not getting cut.  Weird take om that.

6. Kickers: I get the sentiment about Bojo, he always needs to be looking over his shoulder/competing.  But Bass, really?! I mean he's been as advertised and many, including myself, said he had a much better shot making this team than Housemoney.  Bass isn't going anywhere, he's a "lock".  

1. The guaranteed money probably does mean Winters is a lock... but he has been rotating in and out of the first team lineup so far according to reports. 

2. I think some Bills fans are way too high on Sweeney. I don't think he is anything close to a lock. If they only keep 3 he is gone. If they keep 4 he has a chance to make it. 

3. There have been mixed reports on Harrison... he probably does make the team and that is what blue signifies but again the reports while they can't say it out right would indicate that he is behind Butler and level with Vincent Taylor in terms of reps at the 1 tech. I very much doubt they cut him, but I don't think it is impossible. 

4. Again blue means very likely on the roster. That is where I think they are on Makatavech. I actually agree with you that he, Thompson and Dodson are the most likely 3 behind the top 3, but the overall makeup of the linebacker room is still TBC and will affect all of them in terms of where they end up. 

5. Depends how long he is out for. He could well start the season on IR and from there who knows. 

6. Bass has been "as advertised." Massive leg, but less than reliable accuracy. Missed some shorter kicks. I think he is more than likely our day 1 kicker - that is what blue means.... but if he continues in the closed practices over the next few weeks to be spotty from inside 50 his leash is pretty short.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

You're probably right but I also think this is Barkley's last year with the Bills.

Oh, for sure.   He's been Josh's 'training wheels' and those come off, one way or another, after this season...

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2020 at 4:59 PM, MJS said:

Dean Marlowe is a lock. Why is Jaquan Johnson a lock? I imagine him fighting for a roster spot.

A couple of other guys already answered but Johnson is a ST fixture AND the Bills love him as a developing safety.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 9:59 PM, MJS said:

Dean Marlowe is a lock. Why is Jaquan Johnson a lock? I imagine him fighting for a roster spot.

He is their #1 personal protector on special teams according to Farwell. And he played really well in his 1 performance against the Jets at the end of last year. Think there is absolutely no way they let him get away.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 9:48 PM, John from Riverside said:

I think Demarco is a real cut possibility this year

He has a neck injury that has kept him out.......they might decide to go younger here

Yea I do too. I left him in blue because if healthy he would make this team and that is the premise of the thread. But when you factor health in I agree he is very likely in danger.

On 8/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, GunnerBill said:

The fact I have had one person saying Boehm is almost a lock and one saying that about Bates pretty much proves to me they are both fighting for that spot. 

I do get where people are coming from on Harrison Phillips. If he is as good as before he is a lock. ACL is a big injury for a big guy like that which is my only doubt. 

Siran played nickel when Taron missed time. I think basically they see him as a flexible guy who can be the backup nickel and play safety and is a core STer. 

I love Siran and Taron as nasty hitters but don't trust either in coverage as a corner.

Both safeties in my book.

Cam Lewis might be the surprise at cb

41 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I love Siran and Taron as nasty hitters but don't trust either in coverage as a corner.

Both safeties in my book.

Cam Lewis might be the surprise at cb

They are both nickel corners in the Bills book. Neither of them is going to play outside. Cam, Brian Allen and Dante Jackson are in the mix for the 2nd backup outside job (if you consider Norman / Wallace are 2 and 3). 

18 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

McDermott today said Siran can play inside or outside CB after Wallace tweaked his hammy today so that pretty much makes him a lock

Yep and also was praised for his gunner role on STs in camp this year.

Agree he is a lock.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:46 PM, MasterStrategist said:

I'll say the same as I did before:

1. OL: winters is a lock, guaranteed money (no cap savings), and our best RG until Mongo is back

2. TE: Sweeney is either healthy, then makes the team OR he gets IRd.  He is not going to be released, id at least move him to Blue

3. DL: harrison phillips has always and will be making the team.  Dont get why he isn't a lock. by all accounts is looking good in TC and was off to a great season last year before injury

4. LB: Makatavech is a lock, not sure why he's blue.  He's our best ST guy and was specifically signed for that role (replace Zo).  I'd consider Thompson and Dodson "very blue" right now, as well

5. CB: Norman is a lock, if he misses any gamete that's still.to be seen, but he's not getting cut.  Weird take om that.

6. Kickers: I get the sentiment about Bojo, he always needs to be looking over his shoulder/competing.  But Bass, really?! I mean he's been as advertised and many, including myself, said he had a much better shot making this team than Housemoney.  Bass isn't going anywhere, he's a "lock".  

Given his recent down time its safe that hes missing hundreds of thousands of gametes.  Chronic masturbater, I'm told.