Gunner's roster thread.... 2020 style - UPDATED

GunnerBill

So at this point enough with the colours and here is my actual prediction before the cuts start rolling in:

QB (2): Josh Allen; Matt Barkley

RB (3): Devin Singletary; Zack Moss; Taiwan Jones

TE (3): Dawson Knox; Tyler Kroft; Lee Smith, [Tommy Sweeney IR'd before cuts which means on there for the year] 

WR (7): Stefon Diggs; John Brown; Cole Beasley; Gabriel Davis; Isaiah McKenzie; Isaiah Hodgins; Andre Roberts 

OL (9): Dion Dawkins; Quinton Spain; Mitch Morse; Jon Feliciano; Cody Ford; Ty Nsekhe; Daryl Williams; Brian Winters; Ryan Bates

DL (9): Jerry Hughes; Mario Addison; Trent Murphy; AJ Epenesa; Ed Oliver; Quinton Jefferson; Vernon Butler; Harrison Phillips; Darryl Johnson

LB (7): Tremaine Edmunds; Matt Milano; AJ Klein; Tyler Matakevich; Tyrel Dodson; Corey Thompson; Andre Smith

CB (5): Tre White; Josh Norman; Levi Wallace; Brian Allen, Taron Johnson

S (5): Micah Hyde; Jordan Poyer; Jaquan Johnson; Siran Neal; Dean Marlowe

ST (3): Tyler Bass; Corey Bojorquez; Reid Ferguson

*The one exception to this prediction is if they think DiMarco is healthy enough he makes it and Andre Smith doesn't. I honestly think his signing was nothing to do with linebacker and was entirely special teams depth to replace DiMarco. 

The hardest cuts if that were the 53 would be:

Davis Webb (has by all accounts been the 2nd best QB in camp, but I am pretty sure the Bills will be able to get him back for the PS)

Jason Croom (I originally had him as the 4th Tight End and Hodgins being cut.... I just wonder if the draft pick involved makes Hodgins the easier guy to keep)

Vosean Joseph (I liked him coming out, I think the Bills did too, but he struggled in camp and pre-season last year hence the IR stash and he really hasn't shown much of anything this camp according to reports. Frazier didn't exactly speak in glowing terms the other day. I am pretty sure the Bills can sneak him back for the PS if they want to). 

Cam Lewis (He and Dane Jackson for that last corner spot is tough.... but pretty sure the Bills will think Cam an unheralded 2nd year player out of UB will be easy to sneak on the PS). 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, 716er said:

Jaquan Johnson might be the best of all the "backups" on defense. No chance he's cut in my opinion.

The Bills love him, I wonder, with his athleticism has he had any work at corner .... adds to his value if he can plug in there in a pinch?

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So at this point enough with the colours and here is my actual prediction before the cuts start rolling in:

I think Taron Johnson makes it over Brian Allen and Dimarco or Gilliam will make the team. Otherwise I agree with everything. 

Also you have 4 TEs listed.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think Taron Johnson makes it over Brian Allen and Dimarco or Gilliam will make the team. Otherwise I agree with everything. 

Also you have 4 TEs listed.

Darn - forgot Taron.... yes he makes it. I mean to remove Croom. 

DiMarco will make it if healthy and if he does Andre Smith will drop out. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Darn - forgot Taron.... yes he makes it.

Can't blame you. He hasn't seen the field enough since a solid rookie year.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

DiMarco will make it if healthy and if he does Andre Smith will drop out. 

Daboll likes using a FB so I don't see Dimarco and Gilliam both getting cut. They can make room by cutting Corey Thompson and putting him on the practice squad.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

@GunnerBill I see you've come around to my thinking on the QBs and WRs!  :thumbsup:

I am increasingly thinking two QBs. Fromm has not had a good camp. Can't see them saving a space for him. Webb is more likely to be the #3 and I am pretty sure they can sneak him on the PS. 7 receivers still feels unlikely to me but I think they will try and hold Hodgins until after teams have filled their rosters. I don't think he makes the season on the active roster.... but he might make week 1 and then be cut and put on the PS.  

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Can't blame you. He hasn't seen the field enough since a solid rookie year.

Daboll likes using a FB so I don't see Dimarco and Gilliam both getting cut. They can make room by cutting Corey Thompson and putting him on the practice squad.

DiMarco will only get cut if he isn't healthy. If he is he makes the team. McDermott's comments last week turned me right off Gilliam's chances.