League agrees to no preseason games

The only way I see this season happening is putting the players, coaching staffs, and on-field personnel in isolation.  No physical contact with the outside world until a team's season is over.

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

The only way I see this season happening is putting the players, coaching staffs, and on-field personnel in isolation.  No physical contact with the outside world until a team's season is over.

That isn't going to happen.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

That isn't going to happen.

Nope. They will play, players will test positive, they will isolate, they will keep playing. It will not be a normal season by any means, hell it might not even be a good product.. but they WILL get their product on tv.

• Like (+1) 6

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nope. They will play, players will test positive, they will isolate, they will keep playing. It will not be a normal season by any means, hell it might not even be a good product.. but they WILL get their product on tv.

The problem with positive tests is that it takes a while after exposure to actually test positive.  It is entirely conceivable that a player will catch it from a family member on Monday, and not test positive until Thursday.  You could have entire position rooms testing positive if they are exerting themselves on the field together... and you cannot just IR your entire linebacking corps.

That's why I think isolation is the only answer here.  Football isn't like baseball or golf where physical separation isn't too difficult to achieve.  It's more like the NHL and NBA, where both leagues are using bubbles and other isolation techniques to isolate players.

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

The problem with positive tests is that it takes a while after exposure to actually test positive.  It is entirely conceivable that a player will catch it from a family member on Monday, and not test positive until Thursday.  You could have entire position rooms testing positive if they are exerting themselves on the field together... and you cannot just IR your entire linebacking corps.

That's why I think isolation is the only answer here.  Football isn't like baseball or golf where physical separation isn't too difficult to achieve.  It's more like the NHL and NBA, where both leagues are using bubbles and other isolation techniques to isolate players.

I could see that happening,  but the practice squads will be so big now they will just roll in the scrubs as needed.