I'll have a beer and one potato chip

Steve O

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/20/cuomo-in-georgia-says-ny-faltered-its-coronavirus-response/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=facebook_app&fbclid=IwAR3uEpGoA7JDr86sh33oXVZODqVViMai2grIh1izTavaiZSC0hhgEotX-Lg

He and Mayor Wilhelm are not doing so well with crime either. Shootings for the month of June were up 130% against June/2019. 

Weather?

I’d be surprised if shooting stats were not elevated in most major cities.  People are on the edge of the edge, man ??‍♂️

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’d be surprised if shooting stats were not elevated in most major cities.  People are on the edge of the edge, man ??‍♂️

We were on pace for a record year before COVID in my city. Now we’re fixing to lap the next highest year. 

10 hours ago, teef said:

i'm good with going out as long as the establishment and customers play by the rules.  i went to an indoor dinner for the first time this thurday, and they did a great job.  everyone wore masks to the table.  tables separated, (which i feel bad for the owner, but has to be done for now), masks when going to the bathroom, etc.  i'd go back they did such a good job.  my brother in law accidentally forgot his mask at the table when leaving, and wow were people pissed.  it's just treated differently around here which i appreciate.  people are going out, but are being careful.  to me that's the best mix.  

I still go out to lunch almost every day. I pay very close attention to who is smart and plays by the rules, and who’s a little loose. It’s outdoors almost every day, so it’s friggin’ hot, but that's worth it for a little peace of mind. There is one place I go inside every week where it’s large and “well distanced” at the bar (that’s me for my Arnold Palmer only!) and elsewhere. 

I think at this point in time, it’s actually BETTER for business to play it smart, by the rules and cut down on volume. One place with two outside patio areas I like had a sign on the door early last week - two of the staff had tested positive. They closed until everyone else was tested. I thought they did a good job, but people are going about their lives. No place is 100% safe, so I’ll try to be smart about where I take my chances.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The numbers are primarily due to the riots, not covid.

Probably the case in NYC, less so here.  Retaliatory shootings dating back to February along with the normal dumb *****.  Riots really only happened on 2 or 3 nights and was limited to small portions of the city.  Believe it or not there wasn't much in the way of shooting injuries the one weekend of riots.

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I still go out to lunch almost every day. I pay very close attention to who is smart and plays by the rules, and who’s a little loose. It’s outdoors almost every day, so it’s friggin’ hot, but that's worth it for a little peace of mind. There is one place I go inside every week where it’s large and “well distanced” at the bar (that’s me for my Arnold Palmer only!) and elsewhere. 

I think at this point in time, it’s actually BETTER for business to play it smart, by the rules and cut down on volume. One place with two outside patio areas I like had a sign on the door early last week - two of the staff had tested positive. They closed until everyone else was tested. I thought they did a good job, but people are going about their lives. No place is 100% safe, so I’ll try to be smart about where I take my chances.

I thought it was funny seeing some of the news stories about restaurants and bars being able to create or extend patios during this and they show them taking up sidewalks or parking spaces in the streets in Toronto. You would see a table of four on the street next to a curb with a couple of cones with caution tape across them being the only barrier between you eating your lunch and the city bus passing by on the road.i don't know how I would enjoy my food with the exhaust of a car right next to me while it's stuck in heavy traffic.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Probably the case in NYC, less so here.  Retaliatory shootings dating back to February along with the normal dumb *****.  Riots really only happened on 2 or 3 nights and was limited to small portions of the city.  Believe it or not there wasn't much in the way of shooting injuries the one weekend of riots.

I believe you but riots bring about an overall sense of lawlessness, until of course they are stopped by force. It also makes police officers question how much they want to get involved unless they are forced to. In some jurisdictions and circumstances it would be more advisable to just let someone go rather than risk using force on another person. The paycheck is the same and the headaches are fewer. Much fewer.

In California very recently, police officers had a car pulled over. A very prominent politician was driving by. She pulled over to the curb, exited her vehicle, and wanted to know why they had "brothers" pulled over. If you think I'm making this up, it's on you tube. If I was an official in their police union, I would happen to let the word slip out in informal conversation that car stops are a bad idea.

What you are seeing now is the tip of the iceberg, unless these (mostly white) Antifa rioters are stopped by the use of necessary force.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

I believe you but riots bring about an overall sense of lawlessness, until of course they are stopped by force. It also makes police officers question how much they want to get involved unless they are forced to. In some jurisdictions and circumstances it would be more advisable to just let someone go rather than risk using force on another person. The paycheck is the same and the headaches are fewer. Much fewer.

In California very recently, police officers had a car pulled over. A very prominent politician was driving by. She pulled over to the curb, exited her vehicle, and wanted to know why they had "brothers" pulled over. If you think I'm making this up, it's on you tube. If I was an official in their police union, I would happen to let the word slip out in informal conversation that car stops are a bad idea.

What you are seeing now is the tip of the iceberg, unless these (mostly white) Antifa rioters are stopped by the use of necessary force.

Dropped off some paperwork at the DMV for our fleet guy last week.  Pulled in right behind a brand new Dodge Journey that had an expired temp tag registered to a 1998 Honda.  Black guy on the phone sitting in the driver's seat.  Might as well have not seen it at all.  I'm a half year from getting vested.  ***** that.

Sure hope that car didn't get into any accidents later on because it definitely wasn't inspected or insured.

*Posted from a church parking lot with lots of shade

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Dropped off some paperwork at the DMV for our fleet guy last week.  Pulled in right behind a brand new Dodge Journey that had an expired temp tag registered to a 1998 Honda.  Black guy on the phone sitting in the driver's seat.  Might as well have not seen it at all.  I'm a half year from getting vested.  ***** that.

Sure hope that car didn't get into any accidents later on because it definitely wasn't inspected or insured.

I think it's ridiculous that they make you wait a certain period of time before allowing you to wear a vest.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Didn't realize who I was talking to Bro!

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your polls mean nothing and your support for Cuomo is no surprise.

Rioting is not a danger to one's health in a pandemic, right? Next you will be telling us it is good for you!

And btw, Cuomo, when asked about the nursing home butchery was quoted as saying," old people die." It took him weeks and 5,000 or more deaths to admit to a mistake. Oh, and as far as the president is concerned, I'm certain that you called him a racist and a xenophobe when he closed the borders to China and then Europe. 

C'mon Bro, tell the truth.

So much heat but not much light. You seem to equate the vast majority of peaceful protests as riots. If they contributed to an increase in positive cases, then why did NYC’s cases continue to decrease afterward, where the largest protests occurred? ?

Cuomo never said it was a mistake to follow the law and Trump’s CDC guidelines for nursing homes.  Just last week Trump responded to 140,000 dead by saying, “it is what it is”.

When Trump followed the airlines lead and stopped flights from China, he still allowed 40,000 people in. He was called racist for targeting Asians with his rhetoric and giving his sycophants license to attack Asian Americans. His slow action to stop flights from Europe was too little too late, which allowed the virus to come to NYC.  I don’t know if Trump’s racist or just uses it as a dog whistle, but racists sure do like him.

The bottom line is NYS is recovering thanks to Cuomo putting science over politics, while the southern resisters to science are continuing to get worse, in large part because they listened to Trump.

Edited by PastaJoe
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Augie said:

So you sit on those pebbled-concrete tables?

McDonald's marketing bible reveals strict and bizarre rules - Business  Insider

...by Big Fredo's own admission, the major offenses are in NYC/Manhattan.......of course there are infractions elsewhere......but shut down the whole damn state?.....

Jawohl herr commandant - Memes and Comics

With Legislature idle, Cuomo changed 262 laws in 55 days

Cuomo invokes executive powers during pandemic to changes to hundreds of laws and regulations

May 2, 2020Updated: May 2, 2020 6 p.m.

ALBANY — In the two months since Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo declared a state of emergency on March 7, he has invoked the powers of his office to issue more than 25 executive orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic.onths since Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo declared a state of emergency on March 7, he has invoked the powers of his office to issue more than 25 executive orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The expansive orders have made hundreds of temporary but sweeping changes to state laws, including shutting down schools and businesses, as well as altering state regulations that govern public health, hospitals, nursing homes, elections, open meetings, court proceedings, purchasing procedures and child care.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/With-Legislature-idle-Cuomo-changed-262-laws-in-15240581.php

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

So much heat but not much light. You seem to equate the vast majority of peaceful protests as riots. If they contributed to an increase in positive cases, then why did NYC’s cases continue to decrease afterward, where the largest protests occurred? ?

Cuomo never said it was a mistake to follow the law and Trump’s CDC guidelines for nursing homes.  Just last week Trump responded to 140,000 dead by saying, “it is what it is”.

When Trump followed the airlines lead and stopped flights from China, he still allowed 40,000 people in. He was called racist for targeting Asians with his rhetoric and giving his sycophants license to attack Asian Americans. His slow action to stop flights from Europe was too little too late, which allowed the virus to come to NYC.  I don’t know if Trump’s racist or just uses it as a dog whistle, but racists sure do like him.

The bottom line is NYS is recovering thanks to Cuomo putting science over politics, while the southern resisters to science are continuing to get worse, in large part because they listened to Trump.

The dead men and women in nursing homes are not recovering because nursing homes were forced by Cuomo to accept them.

The 130% increase in NYC shootings in the month of June is primarily due to Cuomo emptying out the jails and prisons, some due to the riots. Some of the victims are recovering, some not.

Is there anything about Cuomo that you don't approve of, or do you worship him?

Edited by Bill from NYC

there was no gaming the system in PA.  Up until today, the state health department said a bag of chips or similar counted as a meal.  There were no guidelines until today, a full week after the new guidelines were put in place

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

California  is now worse than  New York.  New York did it the right way.

And for  the Children  who think it's  cute to game  the system over other people's  health:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8550183/amp/California-lists-foods-arent-meals-COVID-dining-guidelines.html

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

there was no gaming the system in PA.  Up until today, the state health department said a bag of chips or similar counted as a meal.  There were no guidelines until today, a full week after the new guidelines were put in place

Then basically, it's the State  creating  the loophole.