I'll have a beer and one potato chip

Steve O

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I respectfully disagree that one can probably figure it out regardless of how extraordinary and busy one's life is.

Well, I can't speak for the case here.  But that is what contact tracers are supposed to do.  The guy at Bingo gets diagnosed, they get a list of everyone who was at bingo.  In an ideal world, they'd all get tested, Period.  Here, testing offered.  Close contacts asked to quarantine.  So the guy who thinks he caught it at Bingo, might have gotten a call, and gotten tested.  Then they ask him for all his contacts and if they can't trace other links to infection clusters, the probability is high he caught it at Bingo.

JHU has an online contact tracing course if interested.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I can't speak for the case here.  But that is what contact tracers are supposed to do.  The guy at Bingo gets diagnosed, they get a list of everyone who was at bingo.  In an ideal world, they'd all get tested, Period.  Here, testing offered.  Close contacts asked to quarantine.  So the guy who thinks he caught it at Bingo, might have gotten a call, and gotten tested.  Then they ask him for all his contacts and if they can't trace other links to infection clusters, the probability is high he caught it at Bingo.

JHU has an online contact tracing course if interested.

Do you find it interesting that numbers are plateauing since they go to the WH first? 

10 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Do you find it interesting that numbers are plateauing since they go to the WH first? 

TBH I haven’t bothered to look.  But the whole point of having them go to an agency which is independent of political appointment is to protect data from the possibility of editing to preserve a political reputation.  We are at risk of being seen like China, with concern the Political government oversight of Numbers means they must be distrusted by the world.

I think people should call their political representatives and make the point that world  trust in our epidemic data MUST be preserved to preserve economic success of our businesses and to restore free travel to our citizens.  There MUST be transparency and public access to raw data.  Otherwise we in the US have become like China in that specific regard.

Where hospitalizations rise, deaths follow in 18-23 days.  So we’ll see by the deaths.

• Like (+1) 1