Fauci : Football may not happen

Greg S

11 minutes ago, teef said:

What the ***** are you people doing?  Jesus Christ. 

Hoping we don't lose a season where we have the best chance to not just make the playoffs but win the whole f...ring thing since 1999 because we grossly overreacted to a serious flu.  

That's all.  If Commander Fauci can't elaborate on the virus itself or doesn't want to, then he needs to get off the TV.  I only want him to talk to us about the virus.  Not what activities we can't do when regardless of their warnings and cautions we still have every right to choose to do them anyway.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

If Fauci hadn't done  excellent work on HIV, he would have been asked to leave after his consistently wrong analysis of this virus. He shouldn't weigh in on professional sports or reopening the economy and leave it to the medical professionals in each state. Masks are not necessary, the virus can't be transmitted human to human, the virus won't be an issue for the US. Thanks Fauci.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hoping we don't lose a season where we have the best chance to not just make the playoffs but win the whole f...ring thing since 1999 because we grossly overreacted to a serious flu.  

That's all.  If Commander Fauci can't elaborate on the virus itself or doesn't want to, then he needs to get off the TV.  I only want him to talk to us about the virus.  Not what activities we can't do when regardless of their warnings and cautions we still have every right to choose to do them anyway.  

Commander Fauci doesn’t set policy.  You don’t have to listen to anyone you don’t feel gives you good info.  This isn’t political. 

I lost almost 3 months of works over this *****, and I still listen to the science because there’s a very strong reality it could  shut me down again.  Sorry you couldn’t go out to dinner. 

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

If Fauci hadn't done  excellent work on HIV, he would have been asked to leave after his consistently wrong analysis of this virus. He shouldn't weigh in on professional sports or reopening the economy and leave it to the medical professionals in each state. Masks are not necessary, the virus can't be transmitted human to human, the virus won't be an issue for the US. Thanks Fauci.

So do you think the only way to contract the virus is by making out?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

now that you’re saying things that are getting a little personal for me, ima bow out of this before i get modded, but before I do, your complete ignorance on this topic on display is astounding. I sincerely hope you’re just trolling, because if not, my god man.

This guy is a microcosm of PPP.

I always kind of assumed that PPP was reflective of many of the users of this board.  But if this thread is any indication, the batshit crazy alt-right that is PPP is in fact just a very vocal minority.  

This guy FireChans has gotten demolished in this thread and it gives me a lot of hope seeing the once silent majority giving him hell.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I doubt the CDC will do any such thing because fear keeps the masses in line.

The rest is spot on.  Raw # of cases climbing and death rate falling is the best case scenario....and that's what's happening.

Keeps them in line for what end?  Whats the big picture in this conspiracy?

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I want to see more stats... percentages. For example, death rate from between 20-50 years old. I saw an article where 19 of 20 people who are positive do not have to actually spend time in a hospital. Most just stay home and are fine in 3-4 days.

I get that this can be deadly for a lot of people, but the odds are, 95% of the people out there it will be as bad as a bad flu bug....

Edited by CEN-CAL17

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Top-down control.  Power.  Men behind the curtain.  Fewer individual freedoms.  Assault on liberty.  Things the American Right will never tolerate!!!

Yadda yadda ya.  

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Maintain an adequate supply of toilet paper, obviously.

34 minutes ago, Capco said:

I always kind of assumed that PPP was reflective of many of the users of this board.  But if this thread is any indication, the batshit crazy alt-right that is PPP is in fact just a very vocal minority.  

This guy FireChans has gotten demolished in this thread and it gives me a lot of hope seeing the once silent majority giving him hell.  

How scared are you to @ me?

Edited by FireChans

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

Just got off a 30 day ban. and im sure i will get banned again  , but fauci is the epitome of a snake oil salesman .. ignore him

You are ridiculous.  He is the preeminent infectious disease expert in the country if not the world. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Whose opinion do you trust on matters of infectious disease?

I have no idea why people feel they were duped. You prepare for the worst, and if it doesn’t happen...great.  What’s the great conspiracy here?  

Science isn’t linear like so many people are expecting it to be.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Whose opinion do you trust on matters of infectious disease?

not sure , have not thought it thru that much .. but fauci ? do you trust him? wear a face mask ? dont wear a mask mask? tell me .. enlighten me .. who should i listen to about infectious diseases .. do u have inside info? 

Edited by dwight in philly

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

not sure , have not thought it thru that much .. but fauci ? do you trust him? wear a face mask ? dont wear a mask mask? tell me .. enlighten me .. who should i listen to about infectious diseases .. do u have inside info? 

I’m generic about it.  When in public, I wear a mask. Not on walks or where I’m in an open area, but if I go into a store, I wear a mask.   Why not?   It doesn’t hurt, and it can only help.   I’m not worried about getting sick, but I’m worried about others.  I wear the mask out of consideration.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, teef said:

I’m generic about it.  When in public, I wear a mask. Not on walks or where I’m in an open area, but if I go into a store, I wear a mask.   Why not?   It doesn’t hurt, and it can only help.   I’m not worried about getting sick, but I’m worried about others.  I wear the mask out of consideration.  

dont wear a mask . but to each their own. 

37 minutes ago, Capco said:

There’s a few regulars in PPP that know their stuff, even if I disagree with them ideologically. But whatever, you’re right for the most part it’s a pit and an echo chamber for the right wingers. That’s why it exists, it’s a “containment zone.”

• Like (+1) 4