Fauci : Football may not happen

Greg S

1 minute ago, BuffaloMatt said:

The real question is can he throw a ball over the LB and drop a dime to the receiver under the CB? Just wanted to talk football. That's why I come here. 

Might want to avoid this thread then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

All 3 articles on the 12th of June. 2 of them reference the same podcast where they got those quotes. The protests started May 26th. I wonder why he waited.

All 3 articles were at the top when I googled it.

continuing down the page.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dr-fauci-talks-protests-second-wave-threats-to-his-family

https://www.businessinsider.com/dr-fauci-protests-perfect-set-up-for-spreading-covid-19-2020-6

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

All 3 articles on the 12th of June. 2 of them reference the same podcast where they got those quotes. The protests started May 26th. I wonder why he waited.

Would his recommendations for people protesting be any different than the recommendations he had already made for any other public space?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Would his recommendations for people protesting be any different than the recommendations he had already made for any other public space?

No but as an epidemiologist, I might want to relay that message again loudly and clearly when thousands of people suddenly have good reasons to go outside.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Like most health officials over the past few months, his predictions were based on flawed modeling, and politicized science. 

Fauci has no authority to postpone anything. He merely offers advice and counsel to the people that direct public health policy. All of them have been wrong from the beginning. 

Comparing him to “people who want to open everything up” is just a way to divide people from the facts of what we have faced as a nation since March. He’s been right and he’s been wrong, and he’s changed his opinions as frequently as everyone else. His job is to take the science and give advice to those with less knowledge. If he thinks it’s a bad idea to open up football, that’s his opinion, and he can offer it to whoever asks for it. Right or wrong. 

Yup....depressing how people want to turn this all into yet another political 'us vs them' pissing match.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup....depressing how people want to turn this all into yet another political 'us vs them' pissing match.

Well maybe science should stop lying all the damn time!  I mean, how hard is it to accurately model global spread of infectious disease by extrapolating 1 month of semi-reliable data from China and the WHO?  In my opinion, science lost all credibility when the president of science, Al Gore, was running his mouth about polar bears and America's wang (Florida) being underwater.

• Haha (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, spartacus said:

with how easy this virus spreads, looks like Texas is well on its way to having its entire team immune within a couple of weeks

why is this a bad thing?

smart teams are doing the same thing

because not everyone is that lucky

imagine if 2-3 teammates spread it to their family and a person dies

not that school is responsible for the deaths of those family members, because they wanted to hold some workout sessions. that is a PR disaster. But won't be surprised if it happens considering Texas is one of the worst run states in the country. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

not that school is responsible for the deaths of those family members, because they wanted to hold some workout sessions. that is a PR disaster. But won't be surprised if it happens considering Texas is one of the worst run states in the country. 

By what metric?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Well maybe science should stop lying all the damn time!  I mean, how hard is it to accurately model global spread of infectious disease by extrapolating 1 month of semi-reliable data from China and the WHO?  In my opinion, science lost all credibility when the president of science, Al Gore, was running his mouth about polar bears and America's wang (Florida) being underwater.

?? This pops into my mind every time.

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Alas @Rocky Landing, the guillotine has come for me, as my actions in this topic have been deemed “crusading”, although I view them more as responding to those who respond to me. So I urge you to continue this conversation in PPP if you wish. 

I think we've both said what we wanted to say. But, I very much appreciate the discussion, extraneous to football though it may be. Cheers!

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Well I'm disappointed.  Given that we've projected exactly what the global climate will be in the future based on modeling 100 years of weather data and evidence of past climate changes that we usually round to the nearest 10,000 years......I'd think it wouldn't be hard at all predict where this virus is going on a weekly basis!!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

you hit on the obvious answer

have teams conduct their training camp as usual, with no access to family or other at risk individuals

after 6 weeks, everyone is immune and they have served their quarantine period

herd immunity is a good thing

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Well I'm disappointed.  Given that we've projected exactly what the global climate will be in the future based on modeling 100 years of weather data and evidence of past climate changes that we usually round to the nearest 10,000 years......I'd think it wouldn't be hard at all predict where this virus is going on a weekly basis!!

The only thing these eggheads is good for is giving me their lunch money and doing my homework.